Rescue needs logo help

Postby guardianambull » October 17th, 2006, 1:12 pm

Hi All,
I know there are some great graphic artists on here and I am looking for some help with designing a new logo for EBBRR. http://www.ebbrr.org has a logo at the top but we really want to change that up some. Some people have offered in the past but I dropped the ball. I want to get something that we can make our official logo soon.

We are looking for this done as a donation or just because, we do not have the funds to pay for it, but CREDIT will definately been given to the artist.

Please do not use someone's photo's without permission!

What we are looking for..... (artwork or photos open to all ideas)

We want to have a variety of bully breeds: Boxer, Boston Terrier, Bull Terrier, Pit Bull, American Bulldog and English Bulldog. Space is an issue but we want to show that we are not just serving one breed of dog.

I would like the Initials included EBBRR and if possible, http://www.ebbrr.org

The full name of the rescue is Ethical Bull Breed Rescue and Referral. Since we are representing a lot of breeds, it maybe in our best interest to keep the logo similar to what we have now but with a variety of breeds.

If you have an idea, please send it to me at mdebbrr2@aim.com (This email is just for this logo work) My regular email is Guardianambull @aol.com (no spaces)

Please feel free to pass along to your gifted friends. =) Remeber to leave me your contact info; email, name etc so I can reply back to you.

Thank you in advance and hope to see your work soon!

Michelle McDonald
Guardianambull@aol.com
http://www.ebbrr.org
guardianambull
Just Whelped

Postby 04100824 » October 21st, 2006, 5:38 pm

I might be able to help you.

I would, however, discourage you from using photos in the logo. Photos are called ratser images - images made up of a grouping of serveral dots, and the problem with that is that some printing outpus can't read the raster images correctly, and you're also limited to the sizes you can use without the computer trying to make up and "fill" the empty space.

Vector art is basically a math equation that the computer writes that equals an image, however, it's more linear. Think type or outlined images, that sort of thing. Kind of hard to show examples...

Ummm...

The Exxon logo, Kroger's logo...that sort of thing where no real images are used. The plus side of this is that you can stretch that logo to be as big as the side of a house without it ever looking pixelated or funky, whereas a raster image will get icky if you stretch it too much.

Ever re-sized a photo and had it look like it had jagged edges? This is why.

However, if the only places you're ever planning to print your logo out would be on an office printer for some fliers and you don't think it would ever be needed for anything other than that and online use, then it is do-able, you'd just need to find royalty-free photos or non-copyrighted ones. (hard to find!) Photo and 4-color graphics are also more expensive to print than a vector logo with only a couple of colors would be, should you ever decide to print business cards or something.

Anyway....sorry...that was kind of long.

Pm me if you still need help and I'll see what I can do for you.
Confident Young Bully

Return to Rescue