"A Game Terrier"

Postby msvette2u » October 13th, 2006, 10:05 am

Which is how Westies are described in the AKC standard!
Meet Lilly!
The West Highland White Terrier is a small, game, well-balanced hardy looking terrier,

Oh and the good(???) news is Westie rescue back east thinks she's Westie/JRT! :shock:

I've had a rash of dogs that know how to "sit pretty"!

Yes she has Cherry eye, both eyes, which is probably why she's been at the shelter 3 weeks (and a kill shelter at that)...I'll get her surgery as soon as I can.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Marinepits » October 13th, 2006, 10:07 am

She's a little cutie! Good luck with her!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby msvette2u » October 13th, 2006, 10:12 am

Thanks - I have to get out the book and see if she needs trimmed. lol

she SHEDS alot, or does at the moment, probably partly dietary...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » October 13th, 2006, 11:17 am

If she has Westie fur she needs to be hand stripped . . . which is a pain in the ass.

She definitely looks Westie/JRT to me. Trouble in a cute little package :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby msvette2u » October 13th, 2006, 11:50 am

lol thanks for confirming it! She IS a cutie! And a handful! :shock:
msvette2u
I live here

Postby msvette2u » November 5th, 2006, 11:20 pm

Lilly has been with us almost a full month and had eye surgery, and settled in and learned to love and be loved. Something tells me her past has some rocky places in it, but she has been blossoming here!
She has gone from being afraid of being held, to enjoying it, and asking for attention, she's gone from growling at Ashley for trying to get close to her, to asking for attention even from Ashley, and has just come a long ways in general, towards being a great pet.
So today she went to meet a new family. They had a 6.5 yr old girl, which was defiinately a concern to me, but Lilly surprised me by even climbing on HER lap and wanting loves from her! So it was settled. Lilly's at their house on a trial adoption. In a few days we'll see how it is going and finalize it if they are happy still with her. It looked like they would be, and Dad, Mom and daughter were "in love" with her when we left, and I myself was comfortable after seeing Lilly interact with all, that it's going to be a good home.
So keep fingers and paws crossed for Lilly and her new family!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Marinepits » November 5th, 2006, 11:28 pm

That's fabulous! Best of luck to Miss Lilly and her new home!

(Great work, 'Vette. :D )
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Rescue