Is she part pit bull?

Postby msvette2u » August 24th, 2006, 5:41 pm

Meet AZIA! She's my newest foster dog, she is about 5 mos. of age with clean, brand new adult teeth.
I have her listed as a Shar-pei/Am Staff(pit bull) mix?

She has really THICK skin and wrinkles, with her spotted tongue I figured Shar Pei is a good guess??
She is a super goofy, super wiggly girl!

She is a lucky girl. Tossed out of a car at a local park, she was turned into Animal Control here, and I helped remove a chain from her neck, that had it been left unattended to, would have grown into her neck. It was already too small and had been welded on, or at least slipped over her head as a younger dog, and was too tight to even slip over her head. We had to get bolt cutters to get it off :surprise:
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » August 24th, 2006, 5:45 pm

I dunno Vette, I really don't see the pit bull. I do see Shar-pei though. She is too cute
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » August 24th, 2006, 5:46 pm

Wow, ok. I'll change her to Shar Pei/labx?? V. on the other board thought perhaps some GSD thrown in for good measure. lol
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » August 24th, 2006, 5:53 pm

I do think she looks a bit GSD in the face.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby JCleve86 » August 24th, 2006, 6:52 pm

I"Ve always thought it was wierd how many dogs are listed (and genuinely appear to be) either Chow or Sharpei mixes, when really...I have seen ONE Sharpei in my entire life, and only know of a few chows...and yet somehow they are getting out and getting their groove on A LOT, judging by the number of muttlies out there. :|

I could see where you might get the pit bull idea from...it'd be interesting to see how she develops as she matures. I'd say LabxChow, personally.

She's cute, whatever she is...oh, and I'd always heard that spotty tongues were distinctive of Chows. Though of course I also heard once that's how you KNOW you have a purebred pit bull so who the hell knows. lol
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby pocketpit » August 24th, 2006, 7:34 pm

I thought Shar Pei and Labrador too :)
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby a-bull » August 24th, 2006, 7:52 pm

Definitely some Chow with that tongue . . . and maybe some pit or Basenji---or a bunch of stuff? :)
a-bull
I live here

Postby msvette2u » August 24th, 2006, 9:03 pm

Well there's definately alot of Chows in this area. During my employment as ACO I picked up not one but two purebreds and some mixes. But I picked up one girl who was 1/2 Shar Pei as well, and pregnant to boot, and when the babies were born, OH Dear ME they were cute!!! I think 3 had more of a Shar Pei look to them, 3 were spotted b/w like Mom and one was dark grey. Anyway...
Shar Peis have black tongues too (or dark purple, whatever) so she's not necessarily Chow because of the tongue. :| I settled on Shar Pei/Yellow Labrador.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby spurby » August 24th, 2006, 11:58 pm

i don't see bully either, but she sure is sooo cute :) who knows what she could be mixed with..could be several different breeds.
spurby
Just Whelped

Postby msvette2u » August 25th, 2006, 12:01 am

I know! I hate it when you can't really pinpoint though, for some reason, some potential adopters really WANT to know :| lol
msvette2u
I live here

Postby anissa » August 25th, 2006, 12:58 am

She looks like a skinnier, lighter version of Charlie. He's Shar Pei / Pit Mix.
anissa
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Violet » August 25th, 2006, 1:00 am

Jamie thats really funny about the chows and shar peis..because I have seen alot of BOTH. More so a few years ago with the shar peis but it makes sense that nwo there would be alot of mixes of them. :| There were TONS of them in the Tacoma area about ten years ago..and I still see tons of very obvious chow mixes.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » August 27th, 2006, 1:25 am

There's a crap load of Chows & Shar peis here too. Shar peis can also have black toungues, as well as quite a few other beeds.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » August 27th, 2006, 1:46 am

I took new pics, where she really looks Shar Pei :-)
msvette2u
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » August 27th, 2006, 9:20 pm

I see Shar pei, Lab and Pit. Kind of looks like my Cookie and she is a combination of the breeds.
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby chewbecca » August 27th, 2006, 9:37 pm

I see pit. I don't know how, but I do.
width of the forehead is most likely where I see it.
chewbecca
Loyally Bully

Return to Rescue