All alone pregnant in BSL country

Postby kayesmith » August 22nd, 2006, 12:19 am

The call came five days ago. A lady at the end of the other line was frantic. The night before while playing cards with friends it was disclosed that a very pregnant Pit Bull was found on some acres of land with no one to care for her. She was too far along to abort, time was of the essence. Every shelter available would kill her by the end of the day. Could we help? Now, if a very pregnant homeless Pit Bull is not a Dead Dog Walking, I don't know what is. We were told she was very nice, small, and ready to whelp any day. The lady was afraid that coons, or coyotes would get her, worse yet some other cruel person could come along and use her as a bait dog. Emma came into our rescue on Saturday the 19th of August. All alone, frightened, hungry and full of love our rescue opened up our arms and heart to another victim of BSL laws. I won't say where she comes from, but I can assure you that she is probably homeless thanks to the latest BSL laws in the area. Emma Lou now has a bed, plenty of food, and a warm a dry place to have her kids. Thanks to wonderful people that have filled my life, Dead Dog Walking is able to save another mom in need. Emma Lou is just over a year old, she gently gives kisses and I swear she is saying; “Thank you.â€
kayesmith
Just Whelped

Postby panda » August 22nd, 2006, 12:55 am

Image I love little Emma! Image
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby Emi » August 22nd, 2006, 7:21 am

Poor little Emma , she looks young , how can people do that ?

I hope she will be ok ..
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Jesseca » August 22nd, 2006, 3:56 pm

I love her sweet little face. I can't wait to see the babies. I'm sure glad they called you.
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby luvmyangels » August 22nd, 2006, 4:19 pm

What a beautiful face she has. Thank goodness you were able to get her out of the bad situation she was in. Thank you for all that you do.
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Emi » August 22nd, 2006, 6:40 pm

Has she had her puppies yet ? Poor thing i keep thinking about her
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Purple » August 22nd, 2006, 7:08 pm

Oh, poor girl, she is so big she looks like she could be part cow!

She has such sweet, soulful eyes. Take care of her, Kaye!
Purple
I live here

Postby BigDogBuford » August 22nd, 2006, 7:32 pm

What a sweet face......and a huge tummy! I'll bet it's itchy. Any pups yet?
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Return to Rescue