NJ--THIS IS ANOTHER MOVING, CAN"T TAKE THE DOG STORY---

Postby HedyLitke » August 19th, 2006, 2:12 pm

Hi All
This makes me so mad, unfortunately I am to help this dog.
Please contact her if you can help. I'm afraid I won't be of any help to the dog if I speak to her. (I have pics) e-mail me.Hedy

This is in northern NJ (not sure which town) From: SYLVIA & MARK OTTING borgotting@sbcglobal.net

Thank you all.
Hedy Litke
WylieKoyote-Dog Training/N.NJ Rescue
hlitke@optonline.net

-----Original Message-----
From: SYLVIA & MARK OTTING [mailto:borgotting@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2006 9:03 PM
To: hlitke@optonline.net
Subject: Our Dog Mack

Hello,
I was referred to you by Jennifer at New leash on life. Our dog Mack is posted there for adoption and so far we haven't had any luck placing him. We really need to find him a home soon as we are moving. I really don't want to take him back to the pound but we are running out of time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. See attached pics

Mark
HedyLitke
Just Whelped

Postby msvette2u » August 19th, 2006, 2:31 pm

Wonder where they are moving to that they didn't check to see if it allowed dogs first!??? :evil:
msvette2u
I live here

Postby prinpoms » August 19th, 2006, 10:58 pm

I'm I reading this right that the dog was originally a rescue and now she can't keep it? That makes me so mad! Why "rescue" and give it a forever home if you can't do it FOREVER! If a place wouldn't take my dogs then I wouldn't move there period!
PitBull Momma
prinpoms
Just Whelped

Postby sadowner » August 21st, 2006, 1:45 am

Ok PLEASE dont jump me and beat me to death, i love dogs BUT

Remember alot of people have VERY bad problems in life that go WAY beyond pets. Like making choices of places to live or being homeless etc?

Nothing is forever "forever home" is just some cute term, in life sh** happens, people loose their jobs, houses catch on fire people die people split up etc etc etc .

I just think its pathetic that while we care for our dogs so much we dont seem to care for eachother. :|
sadowner
Just Whelped

Postby prinpoms » August 21st, 2006, 3:15 pm

I'm not going to jump on anyone at all I understand things happen, been there a few times. Lost my husband in November last year to a massive heart attack, then had a fire in January in which I lost everything. As a matter of fact I praise my pit all the time as she is the one who alerted me to the fire and we all got out humans and dogs! While I was looking for a place to live I stayed at a motel where pets were allowed and when I looked for apartments when I went to see it I asked if they took pets and told them about losing the house to a fire (it was electrical) and that I would not give up my dogs. I definitely feel for the people who have bad situations happen in their lives, please don't get me wrong there! I just feel bad and get aggravated by those who just give up their dogs just "because" especially if you rescue a dog from a bad situation.
PitBull Momma
prinpoms
Just Whelped

Postby sadowner » August 21st, 2006, 4:34 pm

I agree their are some stupid people who change dogs like they change socks. The people three houses from me had 3 dogs in the past 2 years. Once they gave the dog up because he got into the trash. Once because the dog peed in the house and once because he was too big (they bought a neo mastif, HELLO!!!!)

But for some their is no choice. I just think we label people too fast and forget not everyone has it as easy as we do. Theirs always someone in worse shape then we are.

Btw I had a house that i lost due to an electrical fire. Once when i was a teen . During that fire i also lost my dog. She was a mixed breed that I adopted from a shelter. Great dog. Fire happend so fast we lost her and our two parrots. Fires suck. :(
sadowner
Just Whelped

Postby rockermom » August 21st, 2006, 5:29 pm

I have not seen maryellen on here over the past couple of days. She is in Northern NJ maybe she can help out someohow.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Return to Rescue