Leila in Ontario needs your help...please *little update*

Postby Jp » July 15th, 2006, 5:22 pm

Please help Leila....she is urgent. I hate to ask for help like this...but please even $1 will help and she needs somewhere to go immediately.

She was literally used as a breeding machine by her "owner" (scumbag). She has now found herself homeless.

She is at the vets for a spay...but she can only stay there until the middle of the week, after that I don't know (it's vacation time for a lot of families, meaning plenty of dogs are being boarded). I am covering her vacc's, spay and boarding. Technically right now she is still under the custody of the AC...... until a rescue/individual steps up and helps her big time.

I saw her this morning and she is a doll. Whomever offers to help her will not be disapointed. She walks extremely well on a leash, seems to have little to no reaction to other dogs (a proper introduction would still be necessary), is just a laid back kinda gal that would like somewhere to go and be loved for who she is. She isn't leggy and is about 50lbs.

I am begging someone to offer a spot....if we could take her, we would in a hearbeat, believe me ...she has conquered my SO's heart.

She loves just being rubbed

and noone worry, with exercise her boobies will recede
Last edited by Jp on July 19th, 2006, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jp
Just Whelped

Postby Vanessa » July 16th, 2006, 11:14 am

How is she doing? Any updates? I would love to take her in but our place is too small for 2 dogs :( I might be able to offer a small donation if needed.
R.I.P Ozzy my precious angel. You were loved every minute of every day.
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jp » July 17th, 2006, 12:38 am

Vanessa wrote:How is she doing? Any updates? I would love to take her in but our place is too small for 2 dogs :( I might be able to offer a small donation if needed.

I saw her yesterday as she is at the vet's for her spay. Her owner used her to make puppies and that is all. It was made quite clear that was all she was worth to him.
Leila was taken by the AC to the vet Friday. Technically, she is still under the custody of the AC until someone steps up and offers her a safe spot :cry: I am covering her spay, vacc's and boarding...but she can't stay and she neeeds to find that safe spot immediately.

Thank you for your offer of help.

If I could take her I definitely would.
Jp
Just Whelped

Postby Vanessa » July 17th, 2006, 10:01 am

She is so beautiful. Her situation makes my heart break. Every time i hear of a pit in Ontario that will be PTS if not taken out of the province i want to cry. Does she need a foster home or an adoption or either? I live in PEI and i know that's probably too far away to do anything but i just think she's such a sweetheart.... :(
R.I.P Ozzy my precious angel. You were loved every minute of every day.
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jp » July 19th, 2006, 11:55 pm

A bit of an update...

Leila will be going to Veronica with Bullies In Need rescue for (in her words) and extended sleepover next week :) but I need a secure spot for her out of province as she is a prohibited dog!! She can stay with her while her flight/transport is arranged to her destination which I am currently working on trying find. She will obviously be in amazing hands!!

Funds are still needed to be raised to help Leila finally get out of this province...paypal is junettamonth@yahoo.com

Leila had her spay surgery yesterday...a few pictures from our visit with her ...

Still groggy.... but she is enjoying the warm sun and the lovin'

I absolutely love this picture...
Jp
Just Whelped

Return to Rescue