Male Pit Bull In Staten Island, NY Needs Rescue Or Adoption!

Postby satanscheerleader » July 4th, 2006, 4:52 pm

*REPOSTED*

This is a plea to anyone who thinks they can help me out with this amazing PitBull.

Lucas has been at the Staten Island ACC waaaaaay past his time...He needs to be adopted or rescued ASAP.

They've been able to keep him because they had the room, but I was there last night, and about 12 dogs came in in the last 3 days - now they are packed.

I had him out in the yard at the shelter and we were playing, and he practically was laying on top of me giving me big sloppy kisses. He's a big mush.

I was really going to push my luck and try to bring him home, but I was a little concerned because he is not good with cats (I have 3), and he's questionable with dogs. Some dogs he pays no mind too, some he's intimidated by, and others he shows a little aggression towards. I think with the proper training, he can overcome that. Oh, and he's neutered as well.

I decided to bring one of my dogs to the shelter to test Lucas out with him. I have a 90 lb chocoalate lab thats 3 yrs old. He plays rough, and can be a little overbearing sometimes, so I wanted to see, if Lucas and him got along, I would've taken him.
My lab was fine with him, but Lucas became slightly aggressive. at first they just smelled each other, and my lab became submissive to him...he layed down in front of him and rolled over. Lucas then started barking in his face agrressively. My dog got up and Lucas jumped on him. The shelter worker pulled Lucas away and didnt want to take a chance. I didnt think it was too too bad.....but bad enough for me to not be able to take a chance on my own. If they did get into it at my house, I wouldnt be able to break them apart. (I'm 5 feet)....I think he can be trained to be ok with dogs, because he didnt try to lunge at my lab right away, I think it was more of a dominance thing. And he didnt try to bite him, just barked aggressively in his face.

I also dont know how he would be with my other dogs - I also have a Newfoundland, a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier and 2 maltese/shih tzu mixes.
But now I'm real worried about him because the shelter is so full and he's been there about 4 months now....which is really unheard of there to begin with. Especially for a Pit Bull....But he is the shelter favorite.

The staff at the shelter is going to notify me as soon as he is put on the Euth list. I know I dont have much time to find him a home.

If anyone thinks they can take him, even to foster until a permanent home can be found, it would mean the world to me. Somehow I have come to love this dog as my own, and I want him to live the happy life he deserves. I'm guessing he had a rough start in the first 3 years of his life. He ended up at the shelter after someone found him tied up in an abandoned apartment after his owners were evicted. He does not have the slightest bit of aggression towards people. he just wants to play and give big sloppy kisses.

If anyone thinks they can take Lucas on, please message me or send me an email with the subject line "Lucas" to RESCUER820@HOTMAIL.COM

PLEASE REPOST THIS BULLITEN FOR ME.

I am willing to take a day out of my schedule and drive up to 5 hours away to get Lucas to safety. He is currently in Staten Island, NY. If someone if far from here and still would like to try, maybe we can meet halfway???
I will be asking for references, including a vet reference. Please understand why. I dont want Lucas getting into the wrong hands.

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!
PAM

satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby luvmyangels » July 4th, 2006, 7:11 pm

Wow you are getting a lot of posts for the NY area. He is just too cute. Hope he finds somewhere to go soon.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby satanscheerleader » July 4th, 2006, 7:35 pm

I keep getting a bunch in bulletins on myspace and I always repost them there but I figured they might have some luck here so......
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby huskyhouse » July 4th, 2006, 11:01 pm

I can pull him for a reputable rescue, I pull from the S.I. CACC all the time and Deanna (assis. manager) is a great woman.
If anyone has the room I will pull him myself and help transport, just PM me the info of who can take him so that I may check them out firsthand.
huskyhouse
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Rescue