Addie for adoption!! NJ

Postby Maryellen » June 14th, 2006, 4:03 pm

Meet Addie, a 6 month old female spayed Husky/GSD/Malinois Mix... She has been in foster care since she is 2 months old..

Wont someone give this girl a home??

Maryellen
I live here

Postby a-bull » June 14th, 2006, 4:06 pm

You guys, this is seriously like one of the cutest dogs eva!!!

Just look at her!!!

I'll throw out the first "I wish I coulds . . . "

I wish I could, but my female doesn't like other females :( and I'm very bummed out about it because Addie rocks!!!
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby panda » June 14th, 2006, 4:28 pm

:love: She is gorgeous! I hope she finds her home soon.
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby katiek0417 » June 14th, 2006, 4:44 pm

If I could have anything but a working dog at this point, I'd love her...but I need a working dog (I love that she has Mal/GSD in her)....she's adorable...I'm already in love with that face...

Do I have your permission to get in touch with the GSD rescue down here? They might no of someone (they go through puppies fairly quickly)
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby a-bull » June 14th, 2006, 5:28 pm

wait, wait . . . M.E. said she loves to work!

M.E., where are you??
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Maryellen » June 14th, 2006, 6:51 pm

she has alot of drive, and a working home would be great for her. i am in NJ.. the land of everlasting construction on highways....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Maryellen » June 14th, 2006, 6:53 pm

if anyone is interested they have to go to http://www.huskyhouse.org and fill out an application for her, and then contact huskyhouse here too...she is fostering miss addie..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby huskyhouse » June 14th, 2006, 7:33 pm

The dirt merchant (as she is affectionately known as :P ) has WICKED drive, so much so that I've turned down quite a few people who've applied for her.
She has the mask and coloring of a Husky, but the build and facial structure of a Malinois, and all the drive of one too.
Here are some updated pics of the monkey....

Just look at the legs on her!

huskyhouse
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Marinepits » June 14th, 2006, 7:41 pm

Part gazelle, maybe, with those legs? Pretty girl! :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby a-bull » June 14th, 2006, 8:50 pm

She just looks and sounds like a ball!!

Great save you guys~thanks for taking care of her 'til she finds her forever home, 'cuz she's a keeper!! :clap:
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » June 14th, 2006, 10:47 pm

huskyhouse wrote:The dirt merchant (as she is affectionately known as :P ) has WICKED drive, so much so that I've turned down quite a few people who've applied for her.
She has the mask and coloring of a Husky, but the build and facial structure of a Malinois, and all the drive of one too.
Here are some updated pics of the monkey....

Just look at the legs on her!

Huskyhouse, I have a "working home," but both my girls are also pets (they live in the house with me, sleep on the floor of my bedroom, etc). Sacha does personal protection (she's a lab, it's really just a modified retrieve), and tracking/search and rescue....Nisha is pure malinois and she has a ton of drive...she does protection sport...

Can I PM you about her?

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby huskyhouse » June 14th, 2006, 11:53 pm

You most certainly can :) ! Addeline (or OutOfLine, depending on what roten thing she's done at the moment :P ) is and will be primarily a pet first (meaning indoor dog only, my rescue doesn't do it any other way), but definitely has the potential to be one of the few mixed breed dogs to get a SchIII if trained right. Ask Maryellen about her bite as a 3 month old puppy, she had a full bite at that age, even with puppy teeth :o . Even if Sch wasn't in the cards, she still has the drive for other sports (agility), can play fetch for hours as well as tug, and her trainability factor is high. She is crate trained (puts herself to bed every night), completely housebroken and has some basic obed from me already.

I love her to death, but keeping her would put me out of fostering and she needs a job, something that I can't give her at this time.

Just for giggles, I did the Volhard test for her, here's the results.

Your dog's drives
Prey = 70
Pack = 55
Defense - Fight = 40
Defense - Flight = 5
huskyhouse
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » June 15th, 2006, 8:03 am

katrina, when laura says she has a full bite, trust me, she does.. when i had her i told laura about her bite, and she was over one night and i showed her what i saw... she was shocked that addie had such a great bite at 3 months old...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Marinepits » June 15th, 2006, 8:28 am

This is so exciting! Good luck to katie and Miss OutofLine!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby katiek0417 » June 15th, 2006, 10:08 am

Maryellen wrote:katrina, when laura says she has a full bite, trust me, she does.. when i had her i told laura about her bite, and she was over one night and i showed her what i saw... she was shocked that addie had such a great bite at 3 months old...

M.E., I sent a PM to Laura about Addie....I told her that I don't believe "working" dogs should be "kennel/crate" dogs...that while, yes, my dogs are in crates if I can't watch them (or am not home), my dogs are out when I'm home...I wouldn't have it any other way....

I also mentioned that my biggest concern was that I noticed that dogs are only adopted out to homes in the Northern NJ/NY area...and that, unfortunately, I live in MD (right over the border from DC)

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Maryellen » June 15th, 2006, 10:13 am

katrina, i am sure laura would work something out with you.. dont worry about that.. as long as you dont mind driving up to meet addie with your crew.... :D
addie is very very good in the house when not crated for bedtime. laura only crates her when she has to go out, so that she doesnt get into trouble as a pup. i did the same thing with her at my house, i only crated her when i was at work , and at night she was in a huge gsd crate for bedtime, or with a xgate sides by my bed to keep her next to me.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby a-bull » June 15th, 2006, 10:15 am

M.E.~

Do I get a commission?? :wink:

Hope something works out here!! Good luck all! :)
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » June 15th, 2006, 10:24 am

Maryellen wrote:katrina, i am sure laura would work something out with you.. dont worry about that.. as long as you dont mind driving up to meet addie with your crew.... :D
addie is very very good in the house when not crated for bedtime. laura only crates her when she has to go out, so that she doesnt get into trouble as a pup. i did the same thing with her at my house, i only crated her when i was at work , and at night she was in a huge gsd crate for bedtime, or with a xgate sides by my bed to keep her next to me.

My girls LOVE road trips (I kennel them in the truck...but that's so I don't have flying dogs - they play ALL the time).

I typically tether my girls to my bed: Sacha in one corner, Nisha in another...well, I have 2 corners left...

I'm not sure Sacha will EVER have full "run of the house." She's a little too destructive (and I let her get away with too many things when she was younger)....Nisha, on the other hand, is very good in the house. She might earn freedom fairly soon. I would hope that a dog like Addie (with mal in them), as it gets older, would learn what I expect...and eventually be able to be a "full" house dog. Every dog is different, though...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby a-bull » June 15th, 2006, 10:27 am

dang . . . this is exciting!! :clap:
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby Maryellen » June 15th, 2006, 10:39 am

i think once addie is out of her puppy stage she would be trustworthy in a house.

your truck that you tether them in when going for rides isnt an open pick up is it?

abull, yeah, if it works i will give you a commission.. even though i had addie posted here when i first had her back in what, january???LOL
Maryellen
I live here

Next

Return to Rescue