Meet Rocky!

Postby babyreba » June 8th, 2006, 12:44 pm

This lovely boy is named Rocky. He is being fostered by a good friend of mine, who happened to be at the city shelter the day his former "family" dropped him and 2 cocker spaniels off for whatever reason. The shelter euthanizes all pit bull type dogs unless a rescue will step in and take them, and she took Rocky.

He's about a year or so old, he's dark brindle, he's fairly large--maybe 70 pounds or so--and he's a sweet, sweet boy. He's a lover and seems to like everyone he meets. He greets everyone in a relaxed, friendly, confident manner, and he enjoys attention, petting, and kisses.

He's also VERY active. He plays, plays, play, plays and really needs someone who wants an active, on-the-go bully. Needless to say, my pup Tucker loves to romp with him! He gets on well with other dogs BUT he's a pushy snot who should be placed with another dog only if the adopters are familiar with how to manage a multiple pit bull home. He's the kind of dog that could push another dog to the brink of their patience with his persistence. Not to mention the fact tha the likes to play hard and rough and should be carefully supervised by his people!

Rocky is in Tucker's obedience class, and he's learning a lot--from what I can see, he's doing GREAT with ignoring the distractions of other dogs and he seems to pick up new commands quickly.

Without further adieu, here's Rocky. By the way, he's MUCH more handsome in person! For some reason, he just doesn't seem to take a good picture!

babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » June 8th, 2006, 12:48 pm

He is handsome! I find it is harder to get good picts of the darker and black brindles for some reason... maybe it has to do with the lighting and their coloring????

Hope he gets a great home
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby guardianambull » June 8th, 2006, 3:24 pm

I have met Rocky too, and he is a total lover! I wonder if I h ave room for just one more........ 8)
guardianambull
Just Whelped

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » June 8th, 2006, 3:32 pm

He still looks handsome in those pictures! Sounds like a great guy!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Return to Rescue