Buster- urgent in Clackamas County Oregon-UPDATE

Postby kymn25 » June 5th, 2006, 1:38 pm

Don't be fooled by the sourpus look on his face in this picture.... He is a very very happy dog. He is on the Urgent list at the shelter. I plan to pull him this week Regardless, because I am a sucker and after playing with him for about an 1 1/2 hour I just couldn't bear to let this sweet guy be euthinized. Please crosspost if you can and let me know if anyone is able to foster long-term or would like to adopt him.

Breed: Boxer / Pitbull

Sex: Male
Holding Pen #: 1
Color: black/white
Size: large (60lbs to 100lbs)
Comments:

These comments are from another rescuer. We both played with him during a get together at the shelter Buster is at.

He really is a COOL little...Uh...BIG dog! His zoomies will put a grin on your face guaranteed! Super sweet, seems very interested in other dogs (a couple folks mentioned that while he is excitable around other dogs, it seems like an I want to play excitement, not an I want to eat you excitement...regardless, I think that would be his one downfall is that he IS indeed a lot of dog and is super into other dogs...needless to say a little training and perhaps a prong collar would probably fix that).

He does the goofy Boxer gallop when running, also sure to make you laugh at his silly self! Handsome as can be, sweet as can be...I'll help with transport if we can find somewhere for this big lug to go.

Definitely has Boxer influence in both appearance (moreso in person) and very much so in his behavior...and although most pit bulls are happy go lucky too, this dog pretty much screams Boxer...can't explain it but those who have had experience with both breeds might know what I'm trying to say.

This is what I think of him.
This guy is stunning, adorable.... He is full of life and Energy. He does great zoomies and has that cooky, silly Boxer run (Boxer enthusiusts will know what that is). He is a lot of dog. I didn't do any kinda of formal eval, but he did sit well with treat as a reward. Jamie and I played with him in a yard by himself... since we weren't sure how he was with other dogs. The shelter staff said later that they had never had problems with him and other dogs. I an sure they could check on that though. Overall, he is a total joy to be around, Guaranted to put a smile on your face...
Pit Bulls know they are THE face of extinction. All that remains is where they make their final stand. Say NO to BSL!

http://www.Ucarerescue.net
kymn25
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby kymn25 » June 8th, 2006, 2:15 pm

Buster is coming to stay with me. I Pick him up tomorrow. I am very excited to get to know him. The shelter sent him today to get (shh) snipped. Hopefull this will make a calm and easy intro to Emma, Gabby and Sam. I will post better pictures when I get some and let you know how he is temperment wise. I really shouldn't be excited for a fourth dog, but he's soooo cool I just can't help myself. :bounce:
Pit Bulls know they are THE face of extinction. All that remains is where they make their final stand. Say NO to BSL!

http://www.Ucarerescue.net
kymn25
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Jesseca » June 8th, 2006, 2:22 pm

He did seem really sweet when we were down there, I hope all goes well :D
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » June 8th, 2006, 3:34 pm

He is so stunning, I'm so glad you are taking him! :clap:
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby satanscheerleader » June 9th, 2006, 1:31 am