Dash!

Postby BigDogBuford » February 13th, 2011, 7:23 pm

Quite a week-end here for the DRAW family.....Dash has a home! I spoke to a really nice lady on the phone yesterday and we set up a meet and greet for today. I get there and we're both like, "I know you!" We went to beauty school and advanced training together and worked for the same salon for a while but it's been years. Her home is perfect and because I know her, I can let Dash go before he's neutered. She's going to pre-pay her vet but wants to wait until he's a little older before neutering, which I prefer as well. He's still recovering from his sinusitis so he's not ready for surgery any time soon and I'd rather get him into his new home. She's a stay at home mom with two kids now and has lots of time to raise and train a puppy.

Oh, she wanted me to ask what books you guys would recommend to brush up on puppy raising? They have a very nicely behaved 10 year old female Boxer so it's been a while.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby airwalk » February 13th, 2011, 9:58 pm

Wow....lady you do very good work!..The one book we recommend at the Shelter and it works for actual puppies and transitioning shelter dogs (which is virtually a puppy) is The Love That Dog Training Program, by Dawn Sylvia-Stasiewicz http://www.lovethatdogbook.com/

Hopefully we can have lots of happily ever after pictures that I can use to finish his book and use for fundraising?????
airwalk
I live here

Postby BigDogBuford » February 13th, 2011, 10:14 pm

airwalk wrote:Hopefully we can have lots of happily ever after pictures that I can use to finish his book and use for fundraising?????

Yes, she promised! She's volunteers at PAWS so she's very supportive of shelters.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby airwalk » February 13th, 2011, 11:13 pm

Love volunteers that adopt! The best folks in the world, except for rescue folks that take in itty bitty sick puppies and get them ready for homes.

Thank you
airwalk
I live here

Postby plebayo » February 14th, 2011, 2:16 am

YAY for happy endings, just in some for valentine's day too :D
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » February 14th, 2011, 6:45 am

Yeah for Dash! And kuddos to YOU! :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » February 14th, 2011, 7:34 am

I am so excited for Dash. He sure has come a long way. Thanks ladies. What a wonderful job y'all did.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TinaMartin » February 14th, 2011, 10:20 am

Is it just me or are a lot of dogs finding their homes right now?!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby BigDogBuford » February 14th, 2011, 12:14 pm

TinaMartin wrote:Is it just me or are a lot of dogs finding their homes right now?!

Yep! I think people like to wait after the holidays and I think that's a good idea.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TinaMartin » February 14th, 2011, 12:28 pm

I agree with the holiday thing. I don't think its good for them to try and get use to a new home with mayhem.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Jenn » February 14th, 2011, 2:01 pm

Yay, I will miss seeing his photos though!!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby BigDogBuford » February 24th, 2011, 4:28 pm

Dash has left the building! Yay, Dash!
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby iluvk9 » February 24th, 2011, 6:14 pm

Bye bye, Dash! Enjoy your new family! :bye:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby airwalk » February 24th, 2011, 10:47 pm

Bye Dash..be happy little man.
airwalk
I live here

Postby BigDogBuford » February 24th, 2011, 10:58 pm

airwalk wrote:Bye Dash..be happy little man.

I definitely missed my happy, bouncy little puppy when I got home from work today.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby BigDogBuford » February 27th, 2011, 8:29 pm

Just got off the phone with Dash's mom. Dash crashed with what looks like a relapse of his pneumonia. :( He had to be put on oxygen and the vet bill was $1,500. He's doing better and is home now but damn.....puppies get sick quick. He was 25lbs, happy and wrestling with his puppy friend Ruby Thursday morning and hospitalized by Friday morning. I've already refunded his adoption fee and am looking at other avenues to help do some fundraising but poor Dash and his new family. Think good thoughts for him.
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby madremissy » February 27th, 2011, 9:44 pm

:( :( :(

Good thoughts for Dash.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Violet » February 27th, 2011, 9:59 pm

We will be adding Dash's needs to our to the chip in update, but Katt, you are welcome to share this to help us raise the funds. Just have people note if they want their funds used for Theo or for Dash.
http://drawrescue.chipin.com/draw-dogs
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » February 27th, 2011, 10:01 pm

Violet wrote:We will be adding Dash's needs to our to the chip in update, but Katt, you are welcome to share this to help us raise the funds. Just have people note if they want their funds used for Theo or for Dash.
http://drawrescue.chipin.com/draw-dogs

Thanks, Vi. Poor little guy. :(
~Jeanine

BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby airwalk » February 27th, 2011, 10:02 pm

Wow that is too bad, I wonder what caused such a serious relapse?

Hopefully they will love him enough to get him through this.
airwalk
I live here

Next

Return to Rescue