Mikey (Chinese Crested) looking for a home

Postby ofthesun » January 25th, 2011, 7:26 pm

This is Mikey:

Mikey is a 5 yr old Chinese Crested Powder Puff (full coat). He is over-sized for the "breed standard". He is about 25lbs with almost no fat. He is in search of a new home for several reasons. Mainly due to circumstances he was left with me along with four other dogs most of which I cannot continue to keep. Between the number of dogs/living arrangements/and expenses as well as the fact that he doesn't enjoy being around so many other dogs I have decided to find a new, better home. He spends much of his time under the table or chair in the room that the other dogs are not in.

He is a good dog overall. He loves to just snuggle up on the couch with his people. He prefers to be inside over out. We have to make sure and see that he "goes" while out other wise he may have an accident inside. He always pees outside though. He is crate trained and will eat most anything you feed him.

This breed needs lots of work to keep his hair coat in good shape. I shave it short as he doesn't care for the grooming process. As with many small breeds the teeth can be an issue, and he will need some cleaning/work. He has in his past had a period where he had a nipping issue with guests arriving but we have not had an issue in years. He can be weary of people and children that he doesn't know but will be fine if they don't push the situation.

Please feel free to ask for more details, thanks
ofthesun
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » January 25th, 2011, 8:33 pm

He's adorable! :giggle: Good luck finding a home, Mikey!!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » January 26th, 2011, 7:44 pm

I've asked my friend with a CC to see if she knows anyone looking!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby ofthesun » January 26th, 2011, 8:38 pm

Thanks for the help!
ofthesun
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » January 26th, 2011, 8:59 pm

I might have someone interested...is there a timeline for getting him adopted, and is there an adoption fee...you can PM me if you'd like!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » January 26th, 2011, 9:34 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I might have someone interested...is there a timeline for getting him adopted, and is there an adoption fee...you can PM me if you'd like!

You are on a roll, Toots! :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » January 26th, 2011, 10:31 pm

My mom's boss wants a Crested... keep me up dated Erin!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » January 26th, 2011, 11:12 pm

As with the other two, I know Mikey well. And I'm more than happy to do an official eval of any of them if people are interested. I wish my sister was ready for a dog because he would be perfect for her.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby ofthesun » January 27th, 2011, 3:05 am

TheRedQueen wrote:I might have someone interested...is there a timeline for getting him adopted, and is there an adoption fee...you can PM me if you'd like!

No, I do not have any time line at this point. He is not in any danger of not having the best care I can give him. He eats only a cup a day and isn't due for anything that would be an issue for me. There would be no adoption fee and I would include as much as I can (crate etc) for a good happy home for him.
ofthesun
Just Whelped

Postby ofthesun » January 27th, 2011, 3:06 am

SisMorphine wrote:As with the other two, I know Mikey well. And I'm more than happy to do an official eval of any of them if people are interested. I wish my sister was ready for a dog because he would be perfect for her.

Thanks Alyssa, I would love all the help I can get making sure Mikey (and the others) are matched with the right home.
ofthesun
Just Whelped

Return to Rescue