Susie needs a Foster Home

Postby Jaime » May 24th, 2006, 10:59 pm

so what sense does it make to take on something not fit for your situation or experience only to dump them anyway? :rolleyes2:

hoagiesmomma wrote:
a-bull wrote:Hey, here's an idea---If you're worried about your kids, don't foster.


excellent idea.

I like the thought of knowing they all die unloved, instead...

without me having even tried because I "knew my limitations."
User avatar
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 250
Location: Massachusetts

Postby muse » May 24th, 2006, 11:00 pm

a-bull wrote:
muse wrote:
a-bull wrote:"I heard you say that before Geneia and I have one problem with it. As a Mother I am VERY careful what animals I bring into my house. Before I even consider stepping up to foster I make sure that dog is a good fit for my home. I would NEVER take in a female as long as i have Jess. I would NEVER take a dog aggressive dog. I would NEVER take a nursing mother. I would never step up for a litter of puppies. I do whats most important up front to try to ensure that my children are safe. All to ensure that the dog I fdo take in will be able to stay with me as long as needed and my family is safe."



I agree with all of this except the litter of puppies part, although I will only take small litters :wink: and yes, I have kids.


ahhh, but do you work?? :)


I do indeed.


Youre a better women then I, Dear, theres NO possible way I could manage. :highfive:
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
User avatar
muse
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 544
Location: Maryland

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 24th, 2006, 11:00 pm

well, jaime...

its good to see grace is seeing the light of day.



oh. yeah...

and that you are being SOOO cautious about keeping a mother with pups isolated.


one photo does not a passive dog EDIT: make (not wait).


you'll see.
Last edited by hoagiesmomma on May 24th, 2006, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 272

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 11:01 pm

hoagiesmomma wrote:
a-bull wrote:Hey, here's an idea---If you're worried about your kids, don't foster.


excellent idea.

I like the thought of knowing they all die unloved, instead...

without me having even tried because I "knew my limitations."


Hey, here's another idea---offer to help and not be able to follow through.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here
 
Posts: 2926

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 11:02 pm

muse wrote:
a-bull wrote:
muse wrote:
a-bull wrote:"I heard you say that before Geneia and I have one problem with it. As a Mother I am VERY careful what animals I bring into my house. Before I even consider stepping up to foster I make sure that dog is a good fit for my home. I would NEVER take in a female as long as i have Jess. I would NEVER take a dog aggressive dog. I would NEVER take a nursing mother. I would never step up for a litter of puppies. I do whats most important up front to try to ensure that my children are safe. All to ensure that the dog I fdo take in will be able to stay with me as long as needed and my family is safe."



I agree with all of this except the litter of puppies part, although I will only take small litters :wink: and yes, I have kids.


ahhh, but do you work?? :)


I do indeed.


Youre a better women then I, Dear, theres NO possible way I could manage. :highfive:


nah, not better by no means---we just probably have different circumstances . . . :wink:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here
 
Posts: 2926

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 24th, 2006, 11:02 pm

a-bull wrote:
Hey, here's another idea---offer to help and not be able to follow through.


no no....

apathy tastes MUCH better with my margaritas.
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 272

Postby Jaime » May 24th, 2006, 11:03 pm

umm- they have been weaned and separated from her some time now- grace is dried up.

as for "seeing the light of day"? you have no clue how my dogs are kept- so don;t even go there-- lol

and if you want i can post pics of her and sara playing fetch, or tug-of-war, or just plain playing-- i have those pics too :)

hoagiesmomma wrote:well, jaime...

its good to see grace is seeing the light of day.



oh. yeah...

and that you are being SOOO cautious about keeping a mother with pups isolated.


one photo does not a passive dog wait.


you'll see.
User avatar
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 250
Location: Massachusetts

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 24th, 2006, 11:05 pm

jaime...

well done.

you've CURED the BEAST.



you, my dear, are TOTALLY AWESOME.
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 272

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 11:05 pm

hoagiesmomma wrote:
a-bull wrote:
Hey, here's another idea---offer to help and not be able to follow through.


no no....

apathy tastes MUCH better with my margaritas.


Well there ya go then. Cheers.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here
 
Posts: 2926

Postby muse » May 24th, 2006, 11:06 pm

a-bull wrote:
muse wrote:
a-bull wrote:
muse wrote:
a-bull wrote:"I heard you say that before Geneia and I have one problem with it. As a Mother I am VERY careful what animals I bring into my house. Before I even consider stepping up to foster I make sure that dog is a good fit for my home. I would NEVER take in a female as long as i have Jess. I would NEVER take a dog aggressive dog. I would NEVER take a nursing mother. I would never step up for a litter of puppies. I do whats most important up front to try to ensure that my children are safe. All to ensure that the dog I fdo take in will be able to stay with me as long as needed and my family is safe."



I agree with all of this except the litter of puppies part, although I will only take small litters :wink: and yes, I have kids.


ahhh, but do you work?? :)


I do indeed.


Youre a better women then I, Dear, theres NO possible way I could manage. :highfive:


nah, not better by no means---we just probably have different circumstances . . . :wink:


I swear, that was in no means a dig at you. I do hope you know me better then that. :(
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
User avatar
muse
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 544
Location: Maryland

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 24th, 2006, 11:08 pm

a-bull wrote:
Well there ya go then. Cheers.




Image
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 272

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 11:08 pm

muse wrote:
a-bull wrote:
muse wrote:
a-bull wrote:
muse wrote:
a-bull wrote:"I heard you say that before Geneia and I have one problem with it. As a Mother I am VERY careful what animals I bring into my house. Before I even consider stepping up to foster I make sure that dog is a good fit for my home. I would NEVER take in a female as long as i have Jess. I would NEVER take a dog aggressive dog. I would NEVER take a nursing mother. I would never step up for a litter of puppies. I do whats most important up front to try to ensure that my children are safe. All to ensure that the dog I fdo take in will be able to stay with me as long as needed and my family is safe."



I agree with all of this except the litter of puppies part, although I will only take small litters :wink: and yes, I have kids.


ahhh, but do you work?? :)


I do indeed.


Youre a better women then I, Dear, theres NO possible way I could manage. :highfive:


nah, not better by no means---we just probably have different circumstances . . . :wink:


I swear, that was in no means a dig at you. I do hope you know me better then that. :(


LOL!!! Actually I DO know you better than that, and yet I didn't take it as a dig, lol . . . go figure . . . :D
Last edited by a-bull on May 24th, 2006, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here
 
Posts: 2926

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 24th, 2006, 11:09 pm

I hear the margaritas are almost as good as the kool-aid...
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 272

Postby muse » May 24th, 2006, 11:09 pm

Jaime wrote:umm- they have been weaned and separated from her some time now- grace is dried up.

as for "seeing the light of day"? you have no clue how my dogs are kept- so don;t even go there-- lol

and if you want i can post pics of her and sara playing fetch, or tug-of-war, or just plain playing-- i have those pics too :)

hoagiesmomma wrote:well, jaime...

its good to see grace is seeing the light of day.



oh. yeah...

and that you are being SOOO cautious about keeping a mother with pups isolated.


one photo does not a passive dog wait.


you'll see.


wow Jamie, you always come in just in time to stir the pot. How do you do that? magik?
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
User avatar
muse
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 544
Location: Maryland

Postby Jaime » May 24th, 2006, 11:10 pm

my how bitter you are... grace is very much a puppy herself-

there was no need for "curing" in her case.

you made her out to be a monster and look at her...

this dog that you came on this board and suddenly cared about :rolleyes2: yet before you were making all kinds of rude names for her and complaining constantly

about the smell, puppy poop, GRACE etc, etc, etc

about how your situation wouldn't allow this to go on...

so that it my point- you can relate to mel's situation and that is why you defend it

hoagiesmomma wrote:jaime...

well done.

you've CURED the BEAST.



you, my dear, are TOTALLY AWESOME.
User avatar
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 250
Location: Massachusetts

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 24th, 2006, 11:10 pm

muse wrote:
wow Jamie, you always come in just in time to stir the pot. How do you do that? magik?



hahahahah

no. lurking.
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 272

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 24th, 2006, 11:12 pm

jaime...

how funny that you can see quite clearly how kimba didn't work for you and somehow blame MELANIE for that...

*hmmmm*

you have NO IDEA how grace behaved here. none. zip. zilch. nada.

imagine kimba...

but with pups.

then...

:shutUp:
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 272

Postby muse » May 24th, 2006, 11:18 pm

a-bull wrote:
muse wrote:
a-bull wrote:
muse wrote:
a-bull wrote:
muse wrote:
a-bull wrote:"I heard you say that before Geneia and I have one problem with it. As a Mother I am VERY careful what animals I bring into my house. Before I even consider stepping up to foster I make sure that dog is a good fit for my home. I would NEVER take in a female as long as i have Jess. I would NEVER take a dog aggressive dog. I would NEVER take a nursing mother. I would never step up for a litter of puppies. I do whats most important up front to try to ensure that my children are safe. All to ensure that the dog I fdo take in will be able to stay with me as long as needed and my family is safe."



I agree with all of this except the litter of puppies part, although I will only take small litters :wink: and yes, I have kids.


ahhh, but do you work?? :)


I do indeed.


Youre a better women then I, Dear, theres NO possible way I could manage. :highfive:


nah, not better by no means---we just probably have different circumstances . . . :wink:


I swear, that was in no means a dig at you. I do hope you know me better then that. :(


LOL!!! Actually I DO know you better than that, and yet I didn't take it as a dig, lol . . . go figure . . . :D


Wait... Im confused and I hate being misunderstood.

When you replied that we had different circumstances, I become confused because i wasnt talking about you, so I thought you took offense. Your reply after that has me even more confused.. and i dont want to put a wedge where there isnt one.. :|

Did I do something wrong and not realize it? Thats been known to happen with me.
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
User avatar
muse
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 544
Location: Maryland

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 24th, 2006, 11:21 pm

muse wrote:
Did I do something wrong and not realize it? Thats been known to happen with me.


I don't know about her, alma...

but you can clear everything up with me by posting that pic of your hey nonny nonny, again.

:D :D :D :D
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 272

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 11:22 pm

muse wrote:
a-bull wrote:
muse wrote:
a-bull wrote:
muse wrote:
a-bull wrote:
muse wrote:
a-bull wrote:"I heard you say that before Geneia and I have one problem with it. As a Mother I am VERY careful what animals I bring into my house. Before I even consider stepping up to foster I make sure that dog is a good fit for my home. I would NEVER take in a female as long as i have Jess. I would NEVER take a dog aggressive dog. I would NEVER take a nursing mother. I would never step up for a litter of puppies. I do whats most important up front to try to ensure that my children are safe. All to ensure that the dog I fdo take in will be able to stay with me as long as needed and my family is safe."



I agree with all of this except the litter of puppies part, although I will only take small litters :wink: and yes, I have kids.


ahhh, but do you work?? :)


I do indeed.


Youre a better women then I, Dear, theres NO possible way I could manage. :highfive:


nah, not better by no means---we just probably have different circumstances . . . :wink:


I swear, that was in no means a dig at you. I do hope you know me better then that. :(


LOL!!! Actually I DO know you better than that, and yet I didn't take it as a dig, lol . . . go figure . . . :D


Wait... Im confused and I hate being misunderstood.

When you replied that we had different circumstances, I become confused because i wasnt talking about you, so I thought you took offense. Your reply after that has me even more confused.. and i dont want to put a wedge where there isnt one.. :|

Did I do something wrong and not realize it? Thats been known to happen with me.


You're killing me, lol . . .

After I said I had a job, you said I was a better woman than you---thus my response that I wasn't, but that we just probably have different circumstances.

No offense taken what-so-ever.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here
 
Posts: 2926

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media

cron