Susie needs a Foster Home

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 5:40 pm

savagem wrote:
a-bull wrote:
muse wrote:NOT to continue to stir the pot Hoyden, BUT, Melanie was there when I questioned Eric on his fostering practices.

Understandably, she may have felt that she wouldnt have to endure what I was talking about in that deleted thread and assumed that Eric would never do that to her. But she was infact aware that he had done it before.


agreed . . . and she was there when I was on offering advice different from his, and Sue, and Mia . . . (sorry Sue & Mia---keep your heads down).


I'm missing your point here.


My point is if you chose to help out SPBR, that's fine---it was your choice---but the defense of not knowing how SPBR operates, (which I think Lindsay offered), just isn't plausible.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here
 
Posts: 2926

Postby savagem » May 24th, 2006, 5:46 pm

a-bull wrote:
savagem wrote:
a-bull wrote:
muse wrote:NOT to continue to stir the pot Hoyden, BUT, Melanie was there when I questioned Eric on his fostering practices.

Understandably, she may have felt that she wouldnt have to endure what I was talking about in that deleted thread and assumed that Eric would never do that to her. But she was infact aware that he had done it before.


agreed . . . and she was there when I was on offering advice different from his, and Sue, and Mia . . . (sorry Sue & Mia---keep your heads down).


I'm missing your point here.


My point is if you chose to help out SPBR, that's fine---it was your choice---but the defense of not knowing how SPBR operates, (which I think Lindsay offered), just isn't plausible.


Actually, the realization was just beginning to set in when I agreed to take Susie. It wasn't until I went to my first puppy party and then Lindsay started to do some digging that the lightbulb FINALLY went on over my head and I realized the full extent of the shadiness of the rescue. No excuses--it took longer than it should have to realize. But I finally did fully realize only after the weekend of the puppy party. :|
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 221
Location: CT

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 5:48 pm

savagem wrote:
a-bull wrote:
savagem wrote:
a-bull wrote:
muse wrote:NOT to continue to stir the pot Hoyden, BUT, Melanie was there when I questioned Eric on his fostering practices.

Understandably, she may have felt that she wouldnt have to endure what I was talking about in that deleted thread and assumed that Eric would never do that to her. But she was infact aware that he had done it before.


agreed . . . and she was there when I was on offering advice different from his, and Sue, and Mia . . . (sorry Sue & Mia---keep your heads down).


I'm missing your point here.


My point is if you chose to help out SPBR, that's fine---it was your choice---but the defense of not knowing how SPBR operates, (which I think Lindsay offered), just isn't plausible.


Actually, the realization was just beginning to set in when I agreed to take Susie. It wasn't until I went to my first puppy party and then Lindsay started to do some digging that the lightbulb FINALLY went on over my head and I realized the full extent of the shadiness of the rescue. No excuses--it took longer than it should have to realize. But I finally did fully realize only after the weekend of the puppy party. :|


fair enough . . .
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here
 
Posts: 2926

Postby Maryellen » May 24th, 2006, 6:06 pm

here is one dog you wanted to get to someone else:
I was on pbsmiles when you were looking for a foster for a Catahoula because you couldn't take him. You heard I loved Catahoulas and you asked me to foster. When I was ambivalent, you and a couple of others lit into me about why I couldn't and how the dog would die if I didn't. As bad as I felt about that, I owed it to myself and my family to just say no because I had an obligation to them first and foremost. Talk about people laying on a guilt trip---and you know what, despite the guilt trip, I never felt guilty because I knew I was doing the right thing.


this is posted inthis thread a few pages back..
Maryellen
I live here
 
Posts: 5971

Postby LindsaySF » May 24th, 2006, 6:25 pm

Maryellen wrote:here is one dog you wanted to get to someone else:

this is posted inthis thread a few pages back..

Was this dog actually at Melanie's house? Or was she just assisting in its placement?


~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 490
Location: Prospect, CT

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 6:38 pm

LindsaySF wrote:
Maryellen wrote:here is one dog you wanted to get to someone else:

this is posted inthis thread a few pages back..

Was this dog actually at Melanie's house? Or was she just assisting in its placement?


~Lindsay~


To the best of my knowledge, she found the dog, (on the internet or somehow), wanted to help it, couldn't, and requested fosters on pbsmiles.

She was very actively trying to get someone to foster the dog---no one could---someone, (who I killed and buried under my house later :D ), said I loved Catahoulas, and she focused on me---pretty much trying to pressue me into fostering (if I were one to be pressured), and making clear he would be pts if I didn't. She made statements about how he probably wouldn't be in foster long, which of course there is NO way of knowing.

This all occured shortly after she had put out a plea or two for money because she had fosters that needed medical assistance and she couldn't afford it.

People trying to save dogs is a good thing. People pressuring other people to save dogs or donate money is not cool.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here
 
Posts: 2926

Postby LindsaySF » May 24th, 2006, 7:19 pm

a-bull wrote:People trying to save dogs is a good thing. People pressuring other people to save dogs or donate money is not cool.

Well, not having read the threads in question, I don't know how much pressure was applied, but I agree that people shouldn't be forced to do something they don't want to do.

Did Melanie contact you specifically? I probably would have if I knew a Catahoula needed a home and you were a Catahoula lover! :D (Did you ever find out who ratted you out? :wink:) But I would try not to make you feel guilty about it.

Regarding donation money: Donation threads are quite common on pbsmiles. People that have fosters with medical problems, etc, often start donation threads. Some people donate generously, but you are in no way obligated to donate. Is this what happened?

About rescue threads: I have started quite a few rescue threads myself on pbsmiles. Most of them came from the Hartford animal shelter. I would post pics of the dogs and give their last date (when they will be PTS if not adopted). I would offer to pull them from the shelter and transport them to anyone who wanted to foster. I got this idea from Melanie actually, as she made a few of these posts before I ever did. But I don't see how these threads are pressuring or guilting anybody? :|


Maryellen, is this the situation you are referring to when you say Melanie has rehomed foster dogs before? Because she says she hasn't, and I see no reason to doubt her on this. I don't even know why this is even being discussed unless someone has first-hand knowledge that it is true.



~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 490
Location: Prospect, CT

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 7:37 pm

You're right---you didn't read the threads.

I have also asked for assistance in rescue oriented threads, so I know the difference between asking people for help and pressuring people.

I understand donation requests are common, but hers usually had a tone of 'I'm in over my head again' rather than 'donations would be helpful to defray costs.' This, of course, is just my opinion, but I dare say many people felt the same way.

I checked Petfinder to see if she requested any help for Susie, and she doesn't even seem to be a member there any longer?? :| Sorry---correction---she is still a member, but I don't think I saw any post??
Last edited by a-bull on May 24th, 2006, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here
 
Posts: 2926

Postby SisMorphine » May 24th, 2006, 7:39 pm

muse wrote:Im a tree hugging hippy man

Damnit! And I used to like you . . .
:wink:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.
 
Posts: 9231

Postby LindsaySF » May 24th, 2006, 8:10 pm

a-bull wrote:I checked Petfinder to see if she requested any help for Susie, and she doesn't even seem to be a member there any longer?? :| Sorry---correction---she is still a member, but I don't think I saw any post??

She just made the decision that finding another foster for Susie is what's best. And then she was gone ALL day today (something with her son's class, and then another obligation tonight). When was she supposed to be making this post? :|

Because we don't have the posts about the Catahoula to read, I'll take your word for it that you felt pressured.

But I have made similar posts regarding money problems. I don't know how it is a bad thing? No one is forcing you to give money, so I don't see how it is pressuring?

Either way, this thread, like so many others I have read lately, has declined into "let's attack Melanie", instead of "let's help the dogs"....



~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 490
Location: Prospect, CT

Postby muse » May 24th, 2006, 8:21 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
muse wrote:Im a tree hugging hippy man

Damnit! And I used to like you . . .
:wink:


flower power baybeeeeeeeee... :butterfly:
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
User avatar
muse
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 544
Location: Maryland

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 9:05 pm

LindsaySF wrote:
a-bull wrote:I checked Petfinder to see if she requested any help for Susie, and she doesn't even seem to be a member there any longer?? :| Sorry---correction---she is still a member, but I don't think I saw any post??

She just made the decision that finding another foster for Susie is what's best. And then she was gone ALL day today (something with her son's class, and then another obligation tonight). When was she supposed to be making this post? :|

Because we don't have the posts about the Catahoula to read, I'll take your word for it that you felt pressured.

But I have made similar posts regarding money problems. I don't know how it is a bad thing? No one is forcing you to give money, so I don't see how it is pressuring?

Either way, this thread, like so many others I have read lately, has declined into "let's attack Melanie", instead of "let's help the dogs"....



~Lindsay~


You know what . . . just spare me. She has been offered plenty of assistance in this thread and others on this forum, and if it's not enough or not what she's looking for, that's up to her.

You asked me questions. I answered them. If you don't want to accept my responses, don't ask questions.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here
 
Posts: 2926

Postby muse » May 24th, 2006, 9:13 pm

I have sent out some emails, but I have yet to hear anything back :|
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
User avatar
muse
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 544
Location: Maryland

Postby savagem » May 24th, 2006, 9:26 pm

Sigh. In response to the Petfinder thing, I have contacted the rescue that posts for me--sent Susie's bio and photo. Haven't had time to post on urgents yet. I have a life, as I stated before. And after group therapy and a wonderful walk along the river with my son and my dog Blaze, I am convinced that my resources (time and emotional energy) are far better spent in caring for Susie's puppies and my children, going for walks, playing with my dogs, just about anything other than participating in this fruitless discussion. Thank you to those who offered useful advice so far. If anyone has any further useful advice to offer, please pm me and it will be much appreciated. And Maryellen, I am not referring to a link to every post I have ever made on Petfinder. That I do not consider useful. :| If you post anything elsewhere on the forum I won't see it, as I just don't have the time or the desire to read here anymore. :)
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 221
Location: CT

Postby Maryellen » May 24th, 2006, 9:41 pm

sigh. you were fostering kimba. then you had jaime foster kimba. when jaime wanted you to take kimba back you didnt.. since you gave her to jaime to foster, it was your responsibility to take back kimba when asked. that is the responsible thing to do since kimba was in your care first, and why did you give kimba to jaime to foster? why didnt you keep fostering her?
Maryellen
I live here
 
Posts: 5971

Postby savagem » May 24th, 2006, 9:45 pm

I will not go into this again. It has been discussed to death and it is not worth going into again. Is this all you can come up with?
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 221
Location: CT

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 9:50 pm

Maryellen wrote:sigh. you were fostering kimba. then you had jaime foster kimba. when jaime wanted you to take kimba back you didnt.. since you gave her to jaime to foster, it was your responsibility to take back kimba when asked. that is the responsible thing to do since kimba was in your care first, and why did you give kimba to jaime to foster? why didnt you keep fostering her?


Maryellen~she isn't going to see this post because she doesn't have the time or desire to read here anymore . . .
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here
 
Posts: 2926

Postby Maryellen » May 24th, 2006, 9:52 pm

yes. it has merit. you had a dog named kimba in your care, you asked for someone else to foster her. why?? why not stick with fostering her? so then jaime took kimba , and whatever happened, jaime wanted you to take her back.. since you were the rescuer of kimba, it was your responsibilty to take kimba back since jaime didnt want to foster her for whatever the reason..

susie- she is dog aggressive and you want her out.. was kimba dog aggressive too??

we have all tried to help, with crate/rotate, tie downs, etc.. you say that susie is in the garage, so it should be somewhat easier to separate her from your house dogs...

my point is if you refostered kimba because of dog aggresssion, and now susie, this shows a pattern.... if you took on a dog you couldnt handle, you tried to refoster the dog.. this is the 2nd dog you took in and when fights broke out you immediately want to rehome..

until you find a new foster for susie, or a rescue to take her, just do the rotating part , or use tie downs..

if you keep emailing the places i gave you, and tell them how urgent it is, one of them should be able to help..
Maryellen
I live here
 
Posts: 5971

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 24th, 2006, 9:58 pm

savagem wrote:
a-bull wrote:Sometimes when you post certain things, such as a picture of a foster pitbull that you've only had for three weeks on an Invisible Fencing system, you can't control whether a debate will ensue of not.

I, however, am certainly not going to start a debate with you about Invisible Fencing, because you sound like you're overwhelmed enough, and that's a whole other thread . . .


Thank you. That's nice of you.


melanie,

you are of stronger fortitude than I...

because I would have gone bananas under all of the attacks thinly disguised as advice, here...

if there were ANY way I could take Susie for you...

this thread would be over.
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 272

Postby Jaime » May 24th, 2006, 9:58 pm

please do go into it mel- that was the thread i was going to pm to maryellen. i had explained that due to my just moving in, my house was not safe enough to foster a dog aggro dog. my dogs would be in danger. that was what i was not willing to do... there are several mistakes that you made regarding that matter- one: pulling the dog with no tt done. i later found out you guaged her temperment through a kennel and exposure to your dogs

THEN when she tore apart my house, several doors, crates, worked herself up constantly...and i let you know wtf i was dealing with, you tried to say you pulled her just for me to foster and never had had the room for her... when i brought up our email correspondence, which i still have, you admitted that you pulled her, and as soon as i picked her up you pulled yet another dog. you said it would be too dangerous to have her back at your house because your kids often open up random kennels and crates!!! omg what a tragedy waiting to happen, consideriing you just pull these dogs cold :rolleyes2: no lies or accusations here- these are facts and are public on that forum still for anyone to read

what is your excuse? i don't feel bad for the situation you are in because it seems to be a trend-you pull more dogs than you can handle time-wise and money-wise. stop biting off more than you can chew or stop whining when you are in over your head- one or the other.

not to be a jerk, but really that was unbelievable- i had to place her myself and thankfully my best friend had just lost her dog-
Last edited by Jaime on May 24th, 2006, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 250
Location: Massachusetts

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron