Susie needs a Foster Home

Postby LindsaySF » May 24th, 2006, 12:05 pm

Maryellen wrote:i am sorry, but DOG AGGRESSION is part of the pit bull breed. if you dont want to deal with it then dont foster pit bulls.. or know your limits.. i am sick and tired of dogs being pushed around because they got into fights with the resident dogs due to the fosters not paying attention.. you NEVER ever let a new dog mingle with your dogs the first few weeks they are with you, and especially not a whelping mother.. i am tired of the woe is me crap, find a new foster, cant deal with it, etc..

And normally, I would completely agree with you. It annoys me too when people foster or adopt dogs and have no idea what they are getting into. Especially pit bulls when dog aggression is so common. I firmly believe that fosters should be in it for the long run.

But this is not your average case. The difference to me is that Melanie didn't want to foster this dog. She agreed reluctantly at best. It's not like the dog and her pups had anywhere else to go. The previous foster was kicked out of her house by her husband (police were called, etc), so the dogs couldn't stay with her. And god knows we don't want 'the rescue owner' to take them. These dogs had no one else.

It's not like they were still at the shelter and we could choose whether to pull them or not. They were already pulled from the shelter, vetted down south, and their transport paid to get them up here, and then they were stuck. If Melanie hadn't taken them who knows where they would be?

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby ccc2006 » May 24th, 2006, 12:15 pm

savagem wrote:
Maryellen wrote:and this isnt the first time she has taken in a dog that she had to refoster to another home. that is the point.. i will not sugar coat anything from anyone, if i feel that they should be more careful i will state it. if i find out that they did this prior to this post, i will more then certainly state how i feel.. again, this is for the dogs, its bad enough susie was in another foster home and had to be rehomed , now she has to be rehomed yet again??

i am sorry, but DOG AGGRESSION is part of the pit bull breed. if you dont want to deal with it then dont foster pit bulls.. or know your limits.. i am sick and tired of dogs being pushed around because they got into fights with the resident dogs due to the fosters not paying attention.. you NEVER ever let a new dog mingle with your dogs the first few weeks they are with you, and especially not a whelping mother.. i am tired of the woe is me crap, find a new foster, cant deal with it, etc..

Maryellen,

I have never found another home for one of my fosters. Not sure where you get that from. I've gotta go be room mother for my son's kindergarten class now. I said I will deal with Susie and I will. So chill, kay?

Maryellen has brought up some valid points that definately should be addressed at some point...i.e. not to let the mothers interact with the other dogs whatsoever until the pups are gone and her hormones have returned to normal.
But that's water under the bridge, what's done is done. The foster mom has had a fight on her hands, got bit in the process. Now it comes down to the nitty gritty: the foster mom has stated she has 2 young children in that house. If the children were to get tangled up in a fight, a social worker would most certainly be at her door. No question about it and the results could be devastating.
It's time to protect the family unit: the kids and her resident dogs. Now that may sound harsh, but it's reality. If one of her kids gets caught up in it, there's going to be a lot more problems on her plate than what has been already mentioned.
ccc2006
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby savagem » May 24th, 2006, 12:18 pm

ccc2006 wrote:
savagem wrote:
Maryellen wrote:and this isnt the first time she has taken in a dog that she had to refoster to another home. that is the point.. i will not sugar coat anything from anyone, if i feel that they should be more careful i will state it. if i find out that they did this prior to this post, i will more then certainly state how i feel.. again, this is for the dogs, its bad enough susie was in another foster home and had to be rehomed , now she has to be rehomed yet again??

i am sorry, but DOG AGGRESSION is part of the pit bull breed. if you dont want to deal with it then dont foster pit bulls.. or know your limits.. i am sick and tired of dogs being pushed around because they got into fights with the resident dogs due to the fosters not paying attention.. you NEVER ever let a new dog mingle with your dogs the first few weeks they are with you, and especially not a whelping mother.. i am tired of the woe is me crap, find a new foster, cant deal with it, etc..

Maryellen,

I have never found another home for one of my fosters. Not sure where you get that from. I've gotta go be room mother for my son's kindergarten class now. I said I will deal with Susie and I will. So chill, kay?

Maryellen has brought up some valid points that definately should be addressed at some point...i.e. not to let the mothers interact with the other dogs whatsoever until the pups are gone and her hormones have returned to normal.
But that's water under the bridge, what's done is done. The foster mom has had a fight on her hands, got bit in the process. Now it comes down to the nitty gritty: the foster mom has stated she has 2 young children in that house. If the children were to get tangled up in a fight, a social worker would most certainly be at her door. No question about it and the results could be devastating.
It's time to protect the family unit: the kids and her resident dogs. Now that may sound harsh, but it's reality. If one of her kids gets caught up in it, there's going to be a lot more problems on her plate than what has been already mentioned.

Ahhhh, another voice of reason. Shoot! I've gotta go!
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Hoyden » May 24th, 2006, 12:21 pm

Okay folks, I've read through this entire post VERY carefully and I really need to insert something here that has been overlooked.

Until this incident with Eric, Melanie had NO WAY of knowing that Eric would not honor his promise to assist her with Susie and her pups. Eric has advised and assisted her in the past and never burned her.

Discussion of the way he has handled his foster families gets moved or deleted. I saw some of them in the archives and read through them. Unless you've been there for awhile and you are quick to read new posts, you wouldn't know of his past dealings with his foster families. Think about this: How many families are willing to foster for him on a repeated basis?? Not very many.

If you've spoken to Eric or have seen some of his post, you KNOW that he has a way of manipulating the situation so that the outcome is in his favor and then retracting what he had said, making the other person out to be the "bad guy". He comes off very charming and charismatic at first and saying "NO! I can not help you now" to Eric can be difficult for some people.

So, now that I have said that. I've e-mailed a few people that I know have fostered, but avoid message boards and all but one has said they are at capacity right now. I am waiting to hear from a lady in Southington to see if she has room.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby muse » May 24th, 2006, 12:29 pm

NOT to continue to stir the pot Hoyden, BUT, Melanie was there when I questioned Eric on his fostering practices.

Understandably, she may have felt that she wouldnt have to endure what I was talking about in that deleted thread and assumed that Eric would never do that to her. But she was infact aware that he had done it before.
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 12:33 pm

muse wrote:NOT to continue to stir the pot Hoyden, BUT, Melanie was there when I questioned Eric on his fostering practices.

Understandably, she may have felt that she wouldnt have to endure what I was talking about in that deleted thread and assumed that Eric would never do that to her. But she was infact aware that he had done it before.

agreed . . . and she was there when I was on offering advice different from his, and Sue, and Mia . . . (sorry Sue & Mia---keep your heads down).
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Hoyden » May 24th, 2006, 12:38 pm

No problem, I just wanted to point that out because I think it was an important part of WHY she ended up with this litter.

Eric has a way of making everyone else out to be the haters etc. etc. and then moving anything that may be controversial.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 12:40 pm

Hoyden wrote:No problem, I just wanted to point that out because I think it was an important part of WHY she ended up with this litter.

Eric has a way of making everyone else out to be the haters etc. etc. and then moving anything that may be controversial.

No prob. here, either---just wanted to point that out. No victims here---we all make choices . . . live & learn . . . onward & upward. :wink:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby muse » May 24th, 2006, 12:41 pm

The only person who deserves to be bashed for this all happening is Eric, who once again made a mess for someone else to clean up.

Im a tree hugging hippy man, I do fall into the guilt traps, which is why I understand how Melanie ended up in this situation. She trusted someone who she shouldnt have.

Shes has learned from this and that all anyone can ask for really.
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jaime » May 24th, 2006, 1:28 pm

again- blame it on eric :rolleyes2:

melanie agreed to foster these pups- she could have easily said no...

she ALSO decided to not become an official foster and told eric that she was assuming all responsibilities for the litter and momma-- expense, care , and placement- wise. so how is this eric's fault? how is he to take back this litter? really, now... she said she was not going to release the pups to spbr.

omg- it is not "poor melanie" at this point, who got burned by eric. it is someone who made a poor choice and is paying for it now... actually poor suzie is.

the proof of her decision is all over the board. i don't even need to post what i have--
Last edited by Jaime on May 24th, 2006, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Maryellen » May 24th, 2006, 1:36 pm

jaime, you have actual proof of what you are stating? if so, please pm it to me..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 24th, 2006, 1:41 pm

muse wrote:NOT to continue to stir the pot Hoyden, BUT, Melanie was there when I questioned Eric on his fostering practices.

That's right. I.e. Lila's story :cry:
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Jaime » May 24th, 2006, 1:44 pm

no problem- let me gather it

Maryellen wrote:jaime, you have actual proof of what you are stating? if so, please pm it to me..
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby muse » May 24th, 2006, 1:45 pm

Jaime wrote:again- blame it on eric :rolleyes2:

melanie agreed to foster these pups- she could have easily said no...

she ALSO decided to not become an official foster and told eric that she was assuming all responsibilities for the litter and momma expense, care , and placement- wise. how is this eric's fault? how is he to take back this litter? really, now... she said she was not going to release the pups to spbr.

omg- it is not "poor melanie" at this point, who got burned by eric. it is someone who made a poor choice and is paying for it now... actually poor suzie is.

the proof of her decision is all over the board. i don't even need to post what i have--

Actually Jamie, I am not blaming all this on Eric. I understand the role Melanie played in all this and I believe I spoke of such.

I would imagine though if Eric needed an emergency placement, he would have looked elsewhere as opposed to someone who had just expressed a need to take a break from fostering. That doesnt really show good judgement on his part.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 24th, 2006, 1:46 pm

Jaime wrote: really, now... she said she was not going to release the pups to spbr.

and for good reason
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 24th, 2006, 1:48 pm

muse wrote:
I would imagine though if Eric needed an emergency placement, he would have looked elsewhere as opposed to someone who had just expressed a need to take a break from fostering. That doesnt really show good judgement on his part.

Almost nothing he does shows good judgement on his part. Apparently the whole Lila incident taught him nothing.
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby LindsaySF » May 24th, 2006, 2:22 pm

muse wrote:I would imagine though if Eric needed an emergency placement, he would have looked elsewhere as opposed to someone who had just expressed a need to take a break from fostering. That doesnt really show good judgement on his part.

Exactly. From what I understand, Eric called Melanie at 11 at night saying that the dogs were in trouble and Melanie was their last hope. He led her to believe the situation was dire. What was she supposed to do?

And who else would foster Susie and pups, Jaime? You? You already have 24 dogs in your apartment, you really don't need any more.

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby LindsaySF » May 24th, 2006, 2:24 pm

Jaime wrote:she ALSO decided to not become an official foster and told eric that she was assuming all responsibilities for the litter and momma-- expense, care , and placement- wise. so how is this eric's fault?

Well let's see here, he outright lied to her about why he couldn't come to her house and take pictures of the puppies for the website and give them their vaccines, as was planned a week in advance. And when she spoke up about it, he banned her from the forum.

Would YOU remain with SPBR after that?

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jaime » May 24th, 2006, 2:28 pm

here is a bit from your intro section, mel... it really contradicts your current thinking

savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:46 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maryellen wrote:
Welcome Melanie!! we are glad you are here.. what got you into the breed? how long have you owned pits? we gladly give help to anyone that needs it, so feel at home here.. oh yeah, and do you like pizza? to post your pics you can use photobucket, imageevent they are free.. since you are fostering a mom and pups for him, are you adopting them out on your own, or do they still belong to his rescue??

savagem wrote:I thought I just posted this, but don't see it there? There is no foster agreement between us, so I don't think that he has any claim to them? I told him he had two choices--either give me the info on a foster home within 30 minutes of me and I'll do a home visit and then turn the dogs over. Or, I keep them myself and adopt them out myself. I'm beginning to wonder whether I should turn them over at all, though. This mama and pups already traveled from Georgia to Buffalo and then back down to me in CT, all in the course of 3 days. I don't think they need to go anywhere else. Oh, and for the record--I NEVER slept with him!
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby LindsaySF » May 24th, 2006, 2:30 pm

I only have this to say to you Jaime:

Kimba.
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue