Susie needs a Foster Home

Postby Jaime » May 24th, 2006, 10:00 pm

geneia- you can obviously empathize since you are the reason i have grace and her pups

hoagiesmomma wrote:
savagem wrote:
a-bull wrote:Sometimes when you post certain things, such as a picture of a foster pitbull that you've only had for three weeks on an Invisible Fencing system, you can't control whether a debate will ensue of not.

I, however, am certainly not going to start a debate with you about Invisible Fencing, because you sound like you're overwhelmed enough, and that's a whole other thread . . .

Thank you. That's nice of you.

melanie,

you are of stronger fortitude than I...

because I would have gone bananas under all of the attacks thinly disguised as advice, here...

if there were ANY way I could take Susie for you...

this thread would be over.
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby muse » May 24th, 2006, 10:04 pm

Seriously, I must be a complete idiot here, but I have not seen anyone attacking Melanie. I have seen some questioning her on her decision to give up a foster, yes, but not attacking her. :?
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 10:15 pm

muse wrote:Seriously, I must be a complete idiot here, but I have not seen anyone attacking Melanie. I have seen some questioning her on her decision to give up a foster, yes, but not attacking her. :?

I agree . . .
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 24th, 2006, 10:29 pm

Maryellen wrote: i am tired of the woe is me crap, find a new foster, cant deal with it, etc..

well THAT certainly sounded objective and impartial.

:?
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 24th, 2006, 10:33 pm

ccc2006 wrote:It's time to protect the family unit: the kids and her resident dogs. Now that may sound harsh, but it's reality. If one of her kids gets caught up in it, there's going to be a lot more problems on her plate than what has been already mentioned.

amen.

I find it interesting that alot of the loudest voices here are not actual mothers of HUMAN children.

forget all the noise...a dog is a dog.

if it somehow threatens my kids (whether that be its fault, mine, my kids. god or the jolly green giant)...

peace out.
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 24th, 2006, 10:38 pm

LindsaySF wrote:I only have this to say to you Jaime:

Kimba.

hahahahahahahhaha
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 24th, 2006, 10:40 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Did he NOT pull these dogs? Where they NOT to be fostered through HIS rescue? Tell me, why is none of this HIS fault then? Where they not HIS dogs? If not, why was he involved in the first place?

amen to you, too, sister.

of course...

we have to bear in mind that he completly LIED about having any responsibility for those pups...

but, it is indeed an excellent point.
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby satanscheerleader » May 24th, 2006, 10:40 pm

What I'm not understanding, if this dog has been growling at the other dogs, why isn't she fully separated, especially considering she has puppies? If the dogs were fully separated there would be no issue with the kids getting caught up in a fight. :|
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby Jaime » May 24th, 2006, 10:43 pm

i think it is because it takes more time effort to crate and rotate as opposed to letting them all out at once :o

just like it takes time to train a dog on an electric collar, which imo is a bad move for a pit bull anyhow...

satanscheerleader wrote:What I'm not understanding, if this dog has been growling at the other dogs, why isn't she fully separated, especially considering she has puppies? If the dogs were fully separated there would be no issue with the kids getting caught up in a fight. :|
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 10:46 pm

Hey, here's an idea---If you're worried about your kids, don't foster.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby muse » May 24th, 2006, 10:47 pm

hoagiesmomma wrote:
ccc2006 wrote:It's time to protect the family unit: the kids and her resident dogs. Now that may sound harsh, but it's reality. If one of her kids gets caught up in it, there's going to be a lot more problems on her plate than what has been already mentioned.

amen.

I find it interesting that alot of the loudest voices here are not actual mothers of HUMAN children.

forget all the noise...a dog is a dog.

if it somehow threatens my kids (whether that be its fault, mine, my kids. god or the jolly green giant)...

peace out.

I heard you say that before Geneia and I have one problem with it. As a Mother I am VERY careful what animals I bring into my house. Before I even consider stepping up to foster I make sure that dog is a good fit for my home. I would NEVER take in a female as long as i have Jess. I would NEVER take a dog aggressive dog. I would NEVER take a nursing mother. I would never step up for a litter of puppies. I do whats most important up front to try to ensure that my children are safe. All to ensure that the dog I fdo take in will be able to stay with me as long as needed and my family is safe.

I am by no means saying you or Mel dont have the right to say screw this, my kids ocome first, but, people need to know their limitations.

Its the most most important part in fostering I think. At least to me.
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby satanscheerleader » May 24th, 2006, 10:48 pm

satanscheerleader wrote:What I'm not understanding, if this dog has been growling at the other dogs, why isn't she fully separated, especially considering she has puppies? If the dogs were fully separated there would be no issue with the kids getting caught up in a fight. :|

Hate to quote myself and all but :|
I guess what I should have said is growling that now has progressed to fighting.
satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 24th, 2006, 10:52 pm

Jaime wrote:geneia- you can obviously empathize since you are the reason i have grace and her pups

nooooooooooo.

ERIC is the reason you have those dogs.

my unwillingness to wade through his muck and mire is why you very obediantly drove a zillion hours to do his bidding.

HIS bidding, my dear...

not mine.
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 10:54 pm

"I heard you say that before Geneia and I have one problem with it. As a Mother I am VERY careful what animals I bring into my house. Before I even consider stepping up to foster I make sure that dog is a good fit for my home. I would NEVER take in a female as long as i have Jess. I would NEVER take a dog aggressive dog. I would NEVER take a nursing mother. I would never step up for a litter of puppies. I do whats most important up front to try to ensure that my children are safe. All to ensure that the dog I fdo take in will be able to stay with me as long as needed and my family is safe."

I agree with all of this except the litter of puppies part, although I will only take small litters :wink: and yes, I have kids.
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 24th, 2006, 10:54 pm

Jaime wrote:
just like it takes time to train a dog on an electric collar, which imo is a bad move for a pit bull anyhow...

well, then I guess it's a good thing nobody asked you then, huh?

:D
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jaime » May 24th, 2006, 10:56 pm

geneia- you dumped grace in a thread titled:
!!EMERGENCY FOSTER FOR GRACE NEEDED ASAP!!

the dog you claimed was going to ruin your summer :rolleyes2:

dog aggression, TRUE dog aggression, that is, cannot be mistaken. here is a recent pic of grace: and yes that is sara in the picture...
Jaime
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby muse » May 24th, 2006, 10:56 pm

a-bull wrote:"I heard you say that before Geneia and I have one problem with it. As a Mother I am VERY careful what animals I bring into my house. Before I even consider stepping up to foster I make sure that dog is a good fit for my home. I would NEVER take in a female as long as i have Jess. I would NEVER take a dog aggressive dog. I would NEVER take a nursing mother. I would never step up for a litter of puppies. I do whats most important up front to try to ensure that my children are safe. All to ensure that the dog I fdo take in will be able to stay with me as long as needed and my family is safe."

I agree with all of this except the litter of puppies part, although I will only take small litters :wink: and yes, I have kids.

ahhh, but do you work?? :)
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 24th, 2006, 10:56 pm

muse wrote:
I am by no means saying you or Mel dont have the right to say screw this, my kids ocome first, but, people need to know their limitations.

Its the most most important part in fostering I think. At least to me.

that sounds great in theory, but in practice...

I'm pretty sure fosters don't come with a pre-determined play book.

nor...do children.
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 24th, 2006, 10:58 pm

a-bull wrote:Hey, here's an idea---If you're worried about your kids, don't foster.

excellent idea.

I like the thought of knowing they all die unloved, instead...

without me having even tried because I "knew my limitations."
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 10:58 pm

muse wrote:
a-bull wrote:"I heard you say that before Geneia and I have one problem with it. As a Mother I am VERY careful what animals I bring into my house. Before I even consider stepping up to foster I make sure that dog is a good fit for my home. I would NEVER take in a female as long as i have Jess. I would NEVER take a dog aggressive dog. I would NEVER take a nursing mother. I would never step up for a litter of puppies. I do whats most important up front to try to ensure that my children are safe. All to ensure that the dog I fdo take in will be able to stay with me as long as needed and my family is safe."

ahhh, but do you work?? :)

I do indeed.
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue