Susie needs a Foster Home

Postby cheekymunkee » May 25th, 2006, 9:29 am

Being an Eric refugee does not get you special treatment, no matter what you were "told". You will act like an adult or you will leave the board. One way or another.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » May 25th, 2006, 9:31 am

hoagiesmomma wrote:
cheekymunkee wrote:neither do you. I am pretty sick of all the drama that has been going on this past week and if it takes gagging people to make it stop, that will be done. Don't believe me? :|

ok, while I initially reacted (mistakenly) to a similar remark to someone else...

you just did it again, here.

"trust me"

"don't believe me?"

what's up with that, yo?

if me being here to occassionally voice my reaction to some of the stuff that is said is drama inspiring...

so be it.

I have very little faith in any boat that can't take a little rocking.

We don't mind the boat roacking, but every day? Same players? Same crap over & over? It gets old, real fast.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby muse » May 25th, 2006, 9:37 am

cheekymunkee wrote: You will act like an adult or you will leave the board.

Does that mean I cant do this? :thbbbbt:

no disrespect, just trying to lighten the mood. all this has gotten totally out of hand. breathe everyone.. :(
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 25th, 2006, 9:50 am

muse wrote:
cheekymunkee wrote: You will act like an adult or you will leave the board.

Does that mean I cant do this? :thbbbbt:

no disrespect, just trying to lighten the mood. all this has gotten totally out of hand. breathe everyone.. :(

none taken. :)

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Marinepits » May 25th, 2006, 9:53 am

Here's something for some perspective on this whole issue:

A while back I wrote to one of my aunts because I was very upset about the fact that I wanted to help a rescued dog but the dog was extremely aggressive towards other dogs due to fear issues. My brain said I was getting in way over my head, but my heart was begging me to take the dog in anyway.

She also does rescue work in one of the most difficult areas of this country -- Detroit -- so she is no stranger to the subject of fostering.

This is what she said (edited for content of personal family information):

You may also have inherited the B******* trait of "fixing injustices"---champion of the underdog. I've got it too. I have found that I can't fix it all BUT I can fix a small part. You have rescued four dogs from a horrible life and made life heaven for them. That's fixing the small part that you can control. And, because I'm an optimist, I know that there are many, many other people "out there" that are just like us and if we all fix a small part, that becomes a big part. I know that you're saying. . .but, there's so much to do. . .and you hear so many horrible stories but, alone, we can't fix it all and I feel sad even saying that but I've found that that's all I can do. And, when is the time that you enjoy your accomplishments? I'm sure you play with your dogs a lot but the next time you do, really think about how much fun you're having. It's like seize the moment. You need that for balance: you have changed the lives of four little wagging tails.

Everytime I feel that I haven't done enough or that I must do more, I refer to her letter. And I do the little/most that I can every day and put faith in the fact that there ARE others just like me out there to do their little bit as well.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » May 25th, 2006, 10:04 am

Marinepits wrote:Here's something for some perspective on this whole issue:

A while back I wrote to one of my aunts because I was very upset about the fact that I wanted to help a rescued dog but the dog was extremely aggressive towards other dogs due to fear issues. My brain said I was getting in way over my head, but my heart was begging me to take the dog in anyway.

She also does rescue work in one of the most difficult areas of this country -- Detroit -- so she is no stranger to the subject of fostering.

This is what she said (edited for content of personal family information):

You may also have inherited the B******* trait of "fixing injustices"---champion of the underdog. I've got it too. I have found that I can't fix it all BUT I can fix a small part. You have rescued four dogs from a horrible life and made life heaven for them. That's fixing the small part that you can control. And, because I'm an optimist, I know that there are many, many other people "out there" that are just like us and if we all fix a small part, that becomes a big part. I know that you're saying. . .but, there's so much to do. . .and you hear so many horrible stories but, alone, we can't fix it all and I feel sad even saying that but I've found that that's all I can do. And, when is the time that you enjoy your accomplishments? I'm sure you play with your dogs a lot but the next time you do, really think about how much fun you're having. It's like seize the moment. You need that for balance: you have changed the lives of four little wagging tails.

Everytime I feel that I haven't done enough or that I must do more, I refer to her letter. And I do the little/most that I can every day and put faith in the fact that there ARE others just like me out there to do their little bit as well.

That's a nice letter & a great way to put things in perspective. Thanks for sharing

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » May 25th, 2006, 10:24 am

What the hell's your point?

:ROFL2:

Nice post---thanks. :devilWink:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby muse » May 25th, 2006, 10:27 am

Ive sent Mel a pm requesting more information. Lindsay, if you talk to her, please have her check her pm's. Thanks! :)
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 25th, 2006, 11:06 am

cheekymunkee wrote:
We don't mind the boat roacking, but every day? Same players? Same crap over & over? It gets old, real fast.

there are alot of threads on this board that I peek in on...decide there's too much heat...

and "get to steppin" from.

I'm willing to venture a guess that there are alot more "players" here than those involved in just this thread.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is why some take more heat than others... :|

(or maybe b/c I don't read those threads...hahahahahah...I miss some of the heat they ARE taking???)
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 25th, 2006, 11:09 am

hoagiesmomma wrote:
cheekymunkee wrote:

there are alot of threads on this board that I peek in on...decide there's too much heat...

and "get to steppin" from.

I'm willing to venture a guess that there are alot more "players" here than those involved in just this thread.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is why some take more heat than others... :|

(or maybe b/c I don't read those threads...hahahahahah...I miss some of the heat they ARE taking???)

I am thinking you are correct. It does have more to do with than just this thread. I am sorry if my comments to you last night were out of line, to the others, they were not. They were right on target.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 25th, 2006, 11:16 am

cheekymunkee wrote:
I am thinking you are correct. It does have more to do with than just this thread. I am sorry if my comments to you last night were out of line, to the others, they were not. They were right on target.

meh. no problem. I didn't think they were out of line so much as some other stuff I see.

I think I'm just amazed at how every web forum I'm on (but one...and I won't talk about THAT one! hahaha) declines into a nasty fest so easily...

human nature and this type of communication really don't mix that well if you ask me...there are very few "real life" consequences for speaking to people in certain tones...so the inherent trend is to nasty up. this board has the unique added feature of a reputation for acceptance and calm, intelligent discussion...in my opinion, making it even HARDER for some people to reconcile their words with their intent.

making for a good number of really frustrated people.

especially if you're not allowed to call names!
:thbbbbt:
hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby msvette2u » May 25th, 2006, 3:18 pm

I think I'm just amazed at how every web forum I'm on (but one...and I won't talk about THAT one! hahaha) declines into a nasty fest so easily...

My perspective certainly has been changed.
And as far as "going there" I have NO clue honestly what or "where" I was going, and in fact I wasn't going anywhere.
I was simply agreeing with another member about the "tone" (which had gotten really bizarre to say the least) on here last night.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby 04100824 » May 26th, 2006, 9:50 am

"I think I'm just amazed at how every web forum I'm on (but one...and I won't talk about THAT one! hahaha) declines into a nasty fest so easily...

human nature and this type of communication really don't mix that well if you ask me...there are very few "real life" consequences for speaking to people in certain tones...so the inherent trend is to nasty up. this board has the unique added feature of a reputation for acceptance and calm, intelligent discussion...in my opinion, making it even HARDER for some people to reconcile their words with their intent"

Yes, Geneia....

it IS quite easy to detatch people's posts from daily lives and actual poeple. One of the things I hate most about message boards. So easy to be rude, so easy to feed off of others, so easy to slide in hurtful comments and claim no malicious intent without having to look at them while you're doing it.

...but they're just so freaking addictive. :wink:

Seriously, guys. Remember that margarita a couple of pages back? Have one. People do things in life they wish they could take back, and yelling about how dumb they are to have done it gets no one anywhere. Neither does pulling skeletons from other poeples' closets.

Now, if you want to lay in to poeple who are really messing up with ourbeloved pitties, join a MySpace pit bull group. I've seen them...it's scary.

At least Savagem tried to some extent, though she probably should have just let it go...still....what's the point in telling her everything she did wrong? How is that constructive?

Thank you to the people who ARE doing things like e-mailing rescues and calling poeple.
Confident Young Bully

Previous

Return to Rescue