Older Lab Mix in OR

Postby plebayo » October 8th, 2010, 12:06 am

Saw this ad on CL:

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/pet/1994114441.html

E-mailed the owner to ask about dog aggression:

Hi Suzanne,
When I walk Annie, I tell her to sit when other dogs walk by. She obeys, but never lets her attention off them. When she is at home she doesn't bark a lot or anything, but I wouldn't let her run off leash outside the home. And yes, it has been difficult finding annie a home. I feel like if someone met her, they would love her...I love her. This old dog has learned new tricks so fast. My dad had her an outside dog only for 10 years, so I was nervous to bring her inside. But it was so easy. She can hold it for 8 hours. She now is outside during the day and inside at night (which is what she prefers). The other dog aggression gets better every time I am out with her with just a little bit of training. She used to be bad with other dogs, but now she sits and is slowly beginning to ignore them. She was raised with a lab that passed away, so I know she can get a long with other dogs with an intorduction. Please let me know if you have any more questions or a desire to meet her. I tried to add a 15 sec video to craigslists of her excited for a walk, but I couldn't get it to work.

Anyone have any PNW connections? I've seen this dog on craigslist before... I would love to take her but I think my roommates would kill me. I've posted this on facebook as well. She's such an adorable old lady!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby plebayo » October 8th, 2010, 3:44 am

I asked her how much time she had before she leaves for England. If the dog does not have a home by then I would definitely be willing to take her to try to find her a home, here is the response:

Hey Suzanne,
Wow! You are so kind. I (and Annie) really appreciate the help. It sincerely brings tears to my eyes. I am sorry to hear about your dog with kidney failure. Three dogs will keep you plenty busy. My plane flight leaves on Nov 2nd. I haven't thought too much about what would happen if I didn't find a home because I am not sure I could leave her at a shelter without feeling bad for the rest of my life. But I guess, now that I sitting here realizing that I have been looking for a home for 3 months without success, I may have to look at shelter options. I am just going to avidly keep looking for a home, and hope for the best until the last minute. Please do let me know if you get any responses. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Marinepits » October 8th, 2010, 8:55 am

plebayo wrote:Anyone have any PNW connections?

Contact airwalk, BigDogBuford, and Violet.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby airwalk » October 8th, 2010, 9:29 pm

Have her try, Oregon Humane Society, Pixie Project and yep maybe Violet or BigDogBuford can help with other possibilities.
airwalk
I live here

Postby plebayo » October 20th, 2010, 12:03 am

Annie found a home! Really glad prepping for the addition of a 4th dog was not needed :p
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » October 20th, 2010, 5:48 am

Whoo Hoo! :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Rescue