Please Help Rose!

Postby Jodi » May 25th, 2010, 11:29 am

Hi all,

Rosebud (as she was named by her first adopters) needs to find a new home! She is currently being fostered by my friends in Rochester, yet they have encountered some serious problems with their neighbors (renters who live in the same building). Rose does not get along with most dogs and the neighbors are less than responsible with their own (off leash, dog roaming around, going after Rose who retailiates), however blame Rose as being a problem b/c she is the one who acts aggressively towards their dogs. Anyway, this foster home just isn't the best place for her right now.

Her history...is unknown. My husband is a contractor and often works in the city of Rochester where he finds many stray dogs. Rose is one of those, and she followed him around all day and in order to save her from some of the not nice people who were questioning my husband about her, he took her home.

We called animal control who brought her to Animal Hospital of Pittsford for her 5 day wait-period. A couple who saw her there adopted her, but due to circumstances at home, couldn't keep her. Mostly because she needed a lot of training and they didn't have the time to commit to it.

Rose is an absolute DOLL, who is in complete heaven if she can snuggle on your lap all day. She LOVES people. She is working on basic commands and doing well. She gets along with the other dog in her foster home, but is snappy and aggressive towards most other dogs. She has been able to get along with a few other dogs, but she is selective. For this reason I think it's best that she be an only dog, with owners who understand this about her.

We don't know what kind of mix she is...but she is so cute! She's a little peanut (maybe 30-35 pounds?), and really a very, very good girl who just wants to love, love love! Can anyone help??? Please crosspost if you can! Thanks so much :)

Jodi
Just Whelped

Postby Jodi » May 25th, 2010, 11:45 am

Some more pics...

Jodi
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » May 25th, 2010, 1:12 pm

Yowza, she is a doll baby!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby PetieMarie22 » May 25th, 2010, 2:07 pm

She has pretty cool markings!
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 25th, 2010, 2:49 pm

She is ADORABLE!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » May 25th, 2010, 8:08 pm

What a cutie! :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby DeeNtheChillas » May 25th, 2010, 8:35 pm

Her ears are like my Valentino's!
She's adorable.
Dee and the furry babies:
Lizz (11 y/o beagle x toy fox terrier)
Blazer (7 y/o chihuahua x boston terrier)
Valentino (less than a year old pit bull)
Tyler and Victoria, the kitties
and the 'chillas
Humble Acres Chinchillas
http://www.humbleacreschinchillas.com
DeeNtheChillas
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Dan+Bec13 » June 1st, 2010, 11:35 pm

Hi everyone this is Dan. Becca and I are the ones that are fostering rose. She really is a great dog and any help would be appreciated. If you have any questions feel free to send them to me. She can't go to a local shelter because she will not come out, but with some work and a lot of love she can be a perfect family dog. If anyone can cross-post her for us we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for any help in advance.
Dan+Bec13
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » June 2nd, 2010, 11:26 am

I'd be more than happy to courtesy list her on our site. Just let me know.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Jodi » June 3rd, 2010, 11:23 am

Jenn-that would be awesome! Thank you so much :)
Jodi
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » June 4th, 2010, 9:44 am

Any idea on age? UTD? House trained? Spayed?
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Jodi » June 4th, 2010, 8:54 pm

I don't know about age...I would say maybe 2? She is spayed and UTD on shots. I have all her paperwork. I'm pretty sure she is house trained-Dan has been working on that...but I will defer to him-Dan? What info can you give on little miss Rose?
Jodi
Just Whelped

Postby Dan+Bec13 » June 5th, 2010, 3:54 pm

Rose is house trained. She listens very well and knows basic commands like sit and stay. I'd put her a little older then 2. We were thinking around 3-4. She is fine with infants and kids. She should be an only pet unless the new owners are willing to put the time and work in to teach rose to get along with the other dog. What else would you need to know? I can go on and on about her.
Dan+Bec13
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » June 7th, 2010, 11:08 am

That's pretty much it Dan, thanks! I'll add it to her posting!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby DeeNtheChillas » June 8th, 2010, 8:34 pm

You rock Jenn - she'll have interest in no time!
Dee and the furry babies:
Lizz (11 y/o beagle x toy fox terrier)
Blazer (7 y/o chihuahua x boston terrier)
Valentino (less than a year old pit bull)
Tyler and Victoria, the kitties
and the 'chillas
Humble Acres Chinchillas
http://www.humbleacreschinchillas.com
DeeNtheChillas
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Jodi » June 8th, 2010, 9:09 pm

Yeah-thank you! If I can help out at any of your events, please let me know-I'd love to volunteer.
Jodi
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » June 8th, 2010, 9:50 pm

We can use extra hands at most events! Ask Matt :mrgreen:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Return to Rescue