What Defines a Non Reputable Rescue?

Postby Verderben » May 22nd, 2006, 11:15 am

SpiritFngrz wrote:
Jaime wrote:satin is a mixed breed-- how can she have a purebred litter?

really, now :rolleyes2:

That, I will attest, it true. Satin has lab in her. Her babies have even more lab in them. But as I said, does it matter? Eric seemed at one point to have litters to adopt out, once a year. Now it is constant.


My bad on satin then, but with as many dogs as he sells it is hard to keep all thier names straight.
User avatar
Verderben
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 106

Postby KaylasMomJenn » May 22nd, 2006, 11:21 am

I'm just wondering why I was told when I fostered Jasmine (at about 6-7 months old) that she was almost to the point of "being unadoptable."

Jasmine was one of the sweetest, most loving dogs I have ever met. She did fantastic with Marshmallow (no food aggresssion) she was, at times, a little cranky where she would rather lay around than play 24/7, (Marshmallow is a VERY playful dog) but it was nothing I was not able to correct with a "JASMINE that's ENOUGH!" I am not sure how this is making her "almost unadoptable." And he said it more than once.

Sounds like he'd rather adopt out puppies because they are "easier." I wasn't under the assumption that rescue was "easy."
User avatar
KaylasMomJenn
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 160
Location: North Tonawanda, NY

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 22nd, 2006, 11:26 am

Verderben wrote:
SpiritFngrz wrote:
Jaime wrote:satin is a mixed breed-- how can she have a purebred litter?

really, now :rolleyes2:

That, I will attest, it true. Satin has lab in her. Her babies have even more lab in them. But as I said, does it matter? Eric seemed at one point to have litters to adopt out, once a year. Now it is constant.


My bad on satin then, but with as many dogs as he sells it is hard to keep all thier names straight.


No problem. I am glad Satin is not in that squallor. Very true about the # of dogs. As I said, the litters are a constant now.
User avatar
SpiritFngrz
I live here
 
Posts: 2711
Location: Central Mass.

Postby Favorite Kitty » May 22nd, 2006, 11:27 am

about Lily ~

I was all set to adopt Lily and Judy asked to do my home visit. She and I were talking back and forth trying to find the right day to do it before Lily came up from DC in a few days. She was going to take that Friday off from work to come to my house. Corey stated several times that she didnt want to wait for the puppy party to get Lily to me because her litter was getting so big they needed to go to their homes now.

I visited the message board the next day and overheard someone ask on the board if Coreys puppies had made it through the night. They also asked why the thread was missing that she had started. I refreshed the page and then that thread was gone. I PM'd both eric and corey asking them what the hell was going on! Neither messaged me back so I asked Joyce what happened the night before. All she knew was that Corey came online the night before, all frantic, because the babies were very sick. I believe the thread was in the Foster Home section, or whatever it is called I can't see, but was later deleted when everyone started telling Corey what to do with the puppies but everyones advice was different. Joyce told me she didnt know if the babies survived the night or not and she did not know what was wrong with them. So, I PM'd AND emailed corey and eric again. Nothing. At that point I feared that Lily and her litter was dead. I also asked a few other members of the board and all they knew was that Coreys babies were extrememly ill. I talked to Judy again and told her that she didnt need to take the day off from work because I didnt think I was going to be able to adopt Lily anymore. I didnt want her to lose a day of work to do a home visit if I didnt need one. I told her all the people I contacted about the situation, what I heard about Lily's litter, and that I heard back from neither eric nor corey. Judy agreed that it sounded like something bad happened with Lily and she was sorry. She told me that if things changed and we found out differently she would still love to do my home visit.

In these passing days I posted on the board asking questions. I said out loud that I was no longer adopting Lily because I didnt know if she was still alive. I did whatever I could to try and get either of those two to say something to me! They both had been on the board, too, several times. What I got was a PM from Corey that late Sunday night (3 DAYS LATER) only saying, "Lily should be ok. Thanks for asking". I got no, they got sick but they are better now. I got no, you can still adopt her when she is better. I got no, sorry I didnt tell you a little of what was going on so you didnt have to feel as thought your puppy died all weekend. I got NOTHING! We were supposed to be getting Lily that weekend. I had to explain to my two children that we were no longer getting Lily because I didnt know what happened to her. I can understand that things were most likely busy if they were sick, but I had emailed Corey asking her to just say a couple of words to me to let me know that Lily was not dead. I got nothing.

I was so pissed at the lack of communication that I really had thought about walking away and not making Lily ours after I heard she wasn't the one that was sick. I felt I was mistreated, and to show that, I was going to adopt a puppy elsewhere. That was until I did talk to several people and they told me I was being stupid to walk away from her. She was going to get better hopefully and she needed us. My family fell in love with Lily and we never even met her in person. I also knew that Corey had nobody else interested in any of her babies. That was when I asked Melanie to do a home visit within the next couple of days. Judy had a family emergency so Melanie agreed to do it. I did take Lily home from the party but I had my application filled out weeks before hand and Melanie did my home visit prior.

I wanted to post this weeks ago when you all publically bashed me for giving up on Lily, but honestly, I like Corey. I didn't want to make her feel any worse than she probably already does. I am still actively trying to find good people to adopt more of the litter she has. I hope she is well.
User avatar
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer
 
Posts: 500
Location: Massachusetts

Postby savagem » May 22nd, 2006, 11:41 am

OK, so how did you forget that Eric didn't bother to answer any of your emails either? Did he apologize for not being more communicative, and for not letting you know that Lily was OK? And as far as Joyce is concerned, she knew all along that two of Corey's pups had come down with Parvo. It was posted on the very secretive rescue section of the forum, to which Joyce has full access. That is how I found out about the Parvo. So Joyce telling you that she didn't know anything was another case of Joyce protecting Eric and obeying his orders despite her friendships. Extremely, extremely sad, in my opinion, and a bit scary as well.
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 221
Location: CT

Postby savagem » May 22nd, 2006, 11:43 am

Jenn, I'm sorry I brought up anything on the whole transport money issue. I just feel that the more we are out in the open about these things, the less room there is for people who are still on pbsmiles to say that we are being secretive ourselves.
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 221
Location: CT

Postby savagem » May 22nd, 2006, 11:46 am

Jaime wrote:you would think that you "ladies" would be focusing your energies into something more positive- instead you sit on your fannies and criticize...

beautiful weather outside- but then again you wouldn't know, would you?


Again, Jaime, you sound suspiciously like Eric. Either he is using your id or you are losing your identity to him. Not a good thing, in my opinion. Why are you trying to make us feel badly about ourselves instead of answering the many questions that are still on the table for you?
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 221
Location: CT

Postby Favorite Kitty » May 22nd, 2006, 11:50 am

I never said I wasnt upset by both of them. I would still speak with both, though. I did beat out of Joyce that Corey thought the babies had parvo eventually. She didnt keep it quiet for anyone but ME. When she told me she reminded me over and over that parvo is treatable and that Corey caught it early so Lily's chances were very good. She was afraid that I wouldn't want Lily anymore. She knew how much I loved that pup. Joyce does things the way *she* feels they should be done. She is too smart to be a follower.
User avatar
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer
 
Posts: 500
Location: Massachusetts

Postby savagem » May 22nd, 2006, 12:01 pm

Favorite Kitty wrote:I never said I wasnt upset by both of them. I would still speak with both, though. I did beat out of Joyce that Corey thought the babies had parvo eventually. She didnt keep it quiet for anyone but ME. When she told me she reminded me over and over that parvo is treatable and that Corey caught it early so Lily's chances were very good. She was afraid that I wouldn't want Lily anymore. She knew how much I loved that pup. Joyce does things the way *she* feels they should be done. She is too smart to be a follower.


Unfortunately that's not true. :( Joyce IS smart--but she is very much a follower. She said to me that none of the things she knew about Eric (and she knows a lot) mattered at all. She knows how horribly he treats people. But she says that doesn't matter. She says that the bottom line is that he saves dogs, and that's all that matters to her. Scary. And Corey didn't THINK that the pups had parvo. Eric posted the next morning on that secret section that Corey's pups had parvo. Period. No question about it. There is a test, it was done, it came up positive. So Joyce knew the very next morning after Corey's posts disappeared that Corey's pups had parvo. But Eric didn't want anyone to know. I'm still not sure why. In any case, Joyce followed Eric's orders then, and she follows them continually. She kept the parvo thing quiet because Eric told her to, not to save your feelings or because she was afraid you'd back out of adopting Lily. Because Eric told her to keep it quiet. Period. Being loyal to Eric means more to Joyce than friendships.
savagem
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 221
Location: CT

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 22nd, 2006, 12:08 pm

savagem wrote:
Favorite Kitty wrote:I never said I wasnt upset by both of them. I would still speak with both, though. I did beat out of Joyce that Corey thought the babies had parvo eventually. She didnt keep it quiet for anyone but ME. When she told me she reminded me over and over that parvo is treatable and that Corey caught it early so Lily's chances were very good. She was afraid that I wouldn't want Lily anymore. She knew how much I loved that pup. Joyce does things the way *she* feels they should be done. She is too smart to be a follower.


Unfortunately that's not true. :( Joyce IS smart--but she is very much a follower. She said to me that none of the things she knew about Eric (and she knows a lot) mattered at all. She knows how horribly he treats people. But she says that doesn't matter. She says that the bottom line is that he saves dogs, and that's all that matters to her. Scary. And Corey didn't THINK that the pups had parvo. Eric posted the next morning on that secret section that Corey's pups had parvo. Period. No question about it. There is a test, it was done, it came up positive. So Joyce knew the very next morning after Corey's posts disappeared that Corey's pups had parvo. But Eric didn't want anyone to know. I'm still not sure why. In any case, Joyce followed Eric's orders then, and she follows them continually. She kept the parvo thing quiet because Eric told her to, not to save your feelings or because she was afraid you'd back out of adopting Lily. Because Eric told her to keep it quiet. Period. Being loyal to Eric means more to Joyce than friendships.


I agree. Joyce has a big heart, and she donates generously to animal rescue organizations. Unfortunately, there is a fine line between animal rescuing and animal "hoarding" to the point where the dogs suffer due to lack of/innapropriate care. I wish Joyce would see that because her generous donations are not going to the dogs, they are going to expensive Miele kitchen appliances. :(
User avatar
SpiritFngrz
I live here
 
Posts: 2711
Location: Central Mass.

Postby LindsaySF » May 22nd, 2006, 12:12 pm

Favorite Kitty wrote:That was until I did talk to several people and they told me I was being stupid to walk away from her.

ME being one of them! Did you forget that Tamara?


And for the record, Melanie had told me as soon as the thread disappeared that the pups had Parvo. I knew about it, but I did not want to scare you off about Lily OR get Melanie in trouble for telling me. I knew Lily was fine, so I encouraged you to go ahead and adopt her. I even posted in Corey's home visit thread multiple times trying to break the ice between you two...


Corey posted the original sick puppy thread on the public forum, and a number of people (including Melanie and I) were on there posting late that night offering Corey advice on the pups. The next morning the thread was gone. Apparently it was moved to the super secret rescue section and Melanie was a part of that secret forum. But now she has been completely banned from the entire forum. How far the mighty have fallen huh? :rolleyes2:



~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 490
Location: Prospect, CT

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 22nd, 2006, 12:12 pm

Jaime or Favorite Kitty,
I was wondering if you could answer one question for me. It seems so obvious now that Eric is intent on placing litter after litter of puppies in a quick turn-around time. You haven't really said anything about the adults he has. What about them?
Does he still have Tulip, Hunny, and Paris? Why isn't he dedicating his time adopting them out so they don't have to sit in his basment anymore? Are they adoptable- and if not have they been evaluated?
Why does he say over and over that he wants to get out of rescue- then takes on 40 more puppies when he has adult dogs in his basement that have been waiting for a year plus to get adopted? Is that fair?
User avatar
SpiritFngrz
I live here
 
Posts: 2711
Location: Central Mass.

Postby LindsaySF » May 22nd, 2006, 12:23 pm

Favorite Kitty wrote:I never said I wasnt upset by both of them. I would still speak with both, though. I did beat out of Joyce that Corey thought the babies had parvo eventually.

But Tamara, why did you have to "beat it out of her" in the first place? Why all the secrecy? When you asked about Lily, why didn't she just TELL YOU about the Parvo?


She didnt keep it quiet for anyone but ME.

Actually, to this day, the only people that know about the Parvo are the people here (Melanie, me, etc) and the people in the secret rescue section. The average person on pbsmiles has NO IDEA. Joyce wasn't witholding that info from you to protect you, she was doing it because Eric told her to!!


savagem wrote:Unfortunately that's not true. :( Joyce IS smart--but she is very much a follower.

Agreed.

She thought Jaime having 18 pups at her place was too many dogs (she and I exchanged PM's over this), but she quickly dropped out of that thread when it got heated, and only appeared later to say "It is Eric's decision". Her loyalty to Eric runs very deep.

I'm sorry Tamara, because I know you two are friends, and until recently I considered Joyce a friend too. But when she took Eric's side in all this, even when Melanie emailed her asking for explanations, that was too much to come back from. :(

And I am STILL wondering how she can stand idly by KNOWING that Eric pocketed $100 from the transport money, the transport she herself donated $100 to.... :rolleyes2:


On another note, can you post pics of Lily on this forum? I want to see how she is doing. Because Eric banned us from pbsmiles, we can't even read the posts anymore....



~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 490
Location: Prospect, CT

Postby LindsaySF » May 22nd, 2006, 12:25 pm

Favorite Kitty wrote:I wanted to post this weeks ago when you all publically bashed me for giving up on Lily, but honestly, I like Corey. I didn't want to make her feel any worse than she probably already does. I am still actively trying to find good people to adopt more of the litter she has. I hope she is well.

Who bashed you for giving up on Lily? It sure wasn't me.

And if you like Corey so much (I do too), why don't you ask Eric or Joyce why she still hasn't gotten ANY financial help from SPBR for the $3,000 Parvo vet bills?

Be careful though, because you most likely will be banned for asking... :rolleyes2:


~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 490
Location: Prospect, CT

Postby Favorite Kitty » May 22nd, 2006, 12:26 pm

I dont know anything of erics foster dogs or other adult rescues. I have never been to his home. All that I have known of his other rescues are the picture posts on his forum. Sometimes I will read them, sometimes I do not. I can't comment about that because I don't know enough about it.

Lindsay, Joyce didnt tell me the puppies had parvo *definitey* for the same reason you didn't. She knew it would scare me and that is why she explained the situation to me as she did. Maybe she was also told that it should not be talked about, as you were? She told me and I don't see her in any way a bad guy. She is Lily's Godmother :)

Melanie, I can see where Joyce is coming from when she says it doesnt matter to her how people are treated by eric. She does want the animals saved. That's what matters to her. She shouldnt care about what he is doing in his personal life as long as he is saving. Maybe she feels that even though there are some that disagree with erics ways it shouldnt discredit his saved lives. :| If he hasnt mistreated her then why should she dislike him?


edited to add ~ Corey was on the message board yesterday. She is not banned.
User avatar
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer
 
Posts: 500
Location: Massachusetts

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 22nd, 2006, 12:29 pm

Favorite Kitty wrote:Melanie, I can see where Joyce is coming from when she says it doesnt matter to her how people are treated by eric. She does want the animals saved. That's what matters to her. She shouldnt care about what he is doing in his personal life as long as he is saving. Maybe she feels that even though there are some that disagree with erics ways it shouldnt discredit his saved lives. :| If he hasnt mistreated her then why should she dislike him?


Because of the way he treats the dogs!!

Again, I say this:
I agree. Joyce has a big heart, and she donates generously to animal rescue organizations. Unfortunately, there is a fine line between animal rescuing and animal "hoarding" to the point where the dogs suffer due to lack of/innapropriate care. I wish Joyce would see that because her generous donations are not going to the dogs, they are going to expensive Miele kitchen appliances.
User avatar
SpiritFngrz
I live here
 
Posts: 2711
Location: Central Mass.

Postby Favorite Kitty » May 22nd, 2006, 12:33 pm

SpiritFngrz wrote:
Favorite Kitty wrote:Melanie, I can see where Joyce is coming from when she says it doesnt matter to her how people are treated by eric. She does want the animals saved. That's what matters to her. She shouldnt care about what he is doing in his personal life as long as he is saving. Maybe she feels that even though there are some that disagree with erics ways it shouldnt discredit his saved lives. :| If he hasnt mistreated her then why should she dislike him?


Because of the way he treats the dogs!!

Again, I say this:
I agree. Joyce has a big heart, and she donates generously to animal rescue organizations. Unfortunately, there is a fine line between animal rescuing and animal "hoarding" to the point where the dogs suffer due to lack of/innapropriate care. I wish Joyce would see that because her generous donations are not going to the dogs, they are going to expensive Miele kitchen appliances.


Have you tried to email Joyce and ask her this yourself? I'm sure she would answer them if they were received in a proper manner.
User avatar
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer
 
Posts: 500
Location: Massachusetts

Postby KaylasMomJenn » May 22nd, 2006, 12:33 pm

When Susie came to my house and her nipples seemed almost dry (not to mention the fact she was horribly skinny and drinking water like it was going out of style) I was up all night sitting with her trying to get her calm enough to feed the puppies (they had been driving without eating for almost 6 hours) I got all the puppies ready downstairs in their ex-pen(after getting home at 1am) and put Susie in, and went upstairs and heard her barking wildly. I am in an apt bldg and it was now 2am and I didn't want the dog waking up my neighbors, so I went downstairs, she had jumped the pen, and wanted nothing to be in the cage with her. So I took all the puppies upstairs, let Susie roam my house (not knowing if she would pee/poop/chew and she literally laid on my pillow next to me on the couch. She was not even remotely interested in her puppies or what was going on with them (I left them in a the cage we transported them in in the living room with me with the door open so Mom could go in if she wanted) I went to sl;eep on the couch around 3:30 and woke up at 5:30 because hubby was afraid the dog would bite him (of course not) and at 5:30 I sat in with mom and pups again and again she refused to let them feed, one would attach and she'd run away. Plus she had a STINKY discharge coming out of her vagina.

I called Eric at 7:30 (I knew he'd be on his way to work) and explained to him what was going on and here's the response I got "Why do we keep getting all these broken puppies? Do NOT go on the forum and tell everyone this stuff, I dont want other sites and rescues saying that we have sick puppies all the time and this and that" His BIGGEST concern (as was mine) was that the puppies eat. He scolded me for not "making" them eat. I did everything in my power to get her to calm down enough to eat. Anyway-he called me back around 9 (yes obviously still not concerned enough to talk to me the first time I called and we decided I should be hand feeding them if she wouldn't feed them. Again, there was no talk about getting Susie to the vet, it was all puppies, puppies, puppies.
User avatar
KaylasMomJenn
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 160
Location: North Tonawanda, NY

Postby KaylasMomJenn » May 22nd, 2006, 12:35 pm

I forgot to add-
booo hoooo hoooo
poor me!

:)
User avatar
KaylasMomJenn
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 160
Location: North Tonawanda, NY

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 22nd, 2006, 12:47 pm

Favorite Kitty wrote:
SpiritFngrz wrote:
Favorite Kitty wrote:Melanie, I can see where Joyce is coming from when she says it doesnt matter to her how people are treated by eric. She does want the animals saved. That's what matters to her. She shouldnt care about what he is doing in his personal life as long as he is saving. Maybe she feels that even though there are some that disagree with erics ways it shouldnt discredit his saved lives. :| If he hasnt mistreated her then why should she dislike him?


Because of the way he treats the dogs!!

Again, I say this:
I agree. Joyce has a big heart, and she donates generously to animal rescue organizations. Unfortunately, there is a fine line between animal rescuing and animal "hoarding" to the point where the dogs suffer due to lack of/innapropriate care. I wish Joyce would see that because her generous donations are not going to the dogs, they are going to expensive Miele kitchen appliances.


Have you tried to email Joyce and ask her this yourself? I'm sure she would answer them if they were received in a proper manner.


Ask her what? There is nothing to ask. Her patriotism is clear.
In addition, I have no dealings with that board.
User avatar
SpiritFngrz
I live here
 
Posts: 2711
Location: Central Mass.

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]

cron