New arrivals to DRAW

Postby Violet » January 18th, 2010, 4:18 am

Ok..these five are some really NICE dogs. Their temperaments are wonderful. Sweet, loving, wanting very much to please. The pups are 9 months old, have some minor issues behaviorally as in..they know nada. Zip..zilch. Two of the males are pretty outgoing and have only minor signs of their previous life (not housebroken, will pee in their crates. don't even know their names) the female can be very shy at first in new environments and can startle at new things pretty easily. but recovers well and is VERY sweet. The 3rd male pup is really going to need some time to come around completely. Doorways frighten him. Sounds frighten him. But he is quickly coming around in his foster home. Again.VERY sweet but again..clueless. Thankfully they come from a pretty long line of solid temperaments otherwise chances are these guys would have been ruined. But they are quickly adapting to their new lives. The female has a pretty serious cse of demodex mange and all four lack any muscle definition (they are not skinny, however, they are mushy. Like a nice layer of fat directly over bone with prescious little muscle) the assumption is they spent a great deal of time crated. Or at least confined and unable to get appropriate excersize. Mom is also available and she is a VERY sweet, melt in your lap dog. Rumour has it she can run a little hot with other dogs. She can definately be dominant. But she knows how to behave in public since she has had a long career attending public functions around other dogs. Sooo...without further ado...here they are. Oh..Mom will be 6 in March.

Petie..one of the first two males mentioned. No kitties please. A female doggy companion wouldn't be bad. Obedience and weight pull could easily be in his future
Scooby Doo previously known as Doofy. This guy is a mush. Total lap dog. I joked with his foster Mom that if he were picked up by animal control they would probably label him a saint bernard/boxer mix. But he is cute as hell.
Storm, jokingly referred to in my house as Frog..today dubbed Baby Huie (doesn't matter..he doesn't know his name) is incredibly sweet. Dog friendly, ignores the cats. Quickly becoming a spoiled brat. He is pretty much scared of everything but here we are on day 5 or 6? and he is becoming comfortable here.
Sassy is MUCH smaller than her brothers. Like literally half their size. Was being self treated for allergies by her previous owner when in fact, she had demodex. Again..very sweet..and cute as cute can be.
And last but certainly not least, Wishes. She truly is an incredibly sweet dog. Pretty much ready to be added to your family TODAY! lol
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby madremissy » January 18th, 2010, 11:09 am

They are all just gorgeous and I am sending plenty of good thoughts that they find a wonderful home.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » January 18th, 2010, 12:58 pm

Beautiful dogs...what's their story? Why so many older littermates?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » January 18th, 2010, 2:34 pm

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=32099&start=20

3rd to last post on the last page.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Violet » January 18th, 2010, 3:36 pm

I was told a couple of the pups had homes, but those have since fell through. It DOES appear that the original breeder of the mother may be taking her back (how's that for good news, Dawn?)
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby pitsnok » January 18th, 2010, 3:58 pm

Oh my goodness they are all absolutely beautiful!
I am so happy for them to have a real chance at a real life.
Hooray for you :D
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » January 18th, 2010, 4:17 pm

Awwww I love them all!! Fingers crossed for wonderful loving homes for them!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby airwalk » January 18th, 2010, 5:16 pm

Vi won't say this so I will....DRAW is run from the participants own pockets. Very few adoption fees are any where near enough to pay the cost and I know Vi is full because I filled her up with my OH MY GOD dogs.

So for DRAW to take these dogs, I know, was a hardship for space and $$...but I also know that DRAW being DRAW couldn't have made any other choice...there were dogs in serious need.

Thank you Vi and company for saving dogs where others failed miserably.
airwalk
I live here

Postby TheRedQueen » January 18th, 2010, 6:51 pm

Malli wrote:http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=32099&start=20

3rd to last post on the last page.

Thanks! :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby DeeNtheChillas » January 18th, 2010, 8:35 pm

I'm lucky those gorgeous canines are across the country, I'm drooling profusely...
Dee and the furry babies:
Lizz (11 y/o beagle x toy fox terrier)
Blazer (7 y/o chihuahua x boston terrier)
Valentino (less than a year old pit bull)
Tyler and Victoria, the kitties
and the 'chillas
Humble Acres Chinchillas
http://www.humbleacreschinchillas.com
DeeNtheChillas
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby CinderDee » January 18th, 2010, 8:40 pm

They're all beautiful, especially Sassy & wishes. :heartbeat: You're awesome Vi! I hope they get great homes & the chance of a normal life.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Violet » January 18th, 2010, 9:11 pm

DeeNtheChillas wrote:I'm lucky those gorgeous canines are across the country, I'm drooling profusely...

distance is never a deterrant if you are dealing with me..which ones shall I stick in the mail? :|

Diana and Dee..stoppit. :oops:
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Ino » January 18th, 2010, 11:25 pm

Those are some beautiful dogs. Hopefully they find great forever homes soon. That is great of you to help them get out of their bad situation. :D
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby DeeNtheChillas » January 18th, 2010, 11:57 pm

Violet wrote:
DeeNtheChillas wrote:I'm lucky those gorgeous canines are across the country, I'm drooling profusely...

distance is never a deterrant if you are dealing with me..which ones shall I stick in the mail? :|

Diana and Dee..stoppit. :oops:

Haha, if there is one that will put up with a b*tchy 13 lb female beagle mix, a brain-dead 17 lb male boston mix and two oh-so-dog-friendly felines, that'd be the one! :neener:
and the 'chillas
Humble Acres Chinchillas
DeeNtheChillas
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Violet » January 19th, 2010, 12:32 am

Wellll... Scooby and Storm are both super easy going boys. Storm is thus far totally ignoring the cats, the obnoxious chihuahua and teh temperamental female pit bull. And he LOVES the obnoxious puppy. :|
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby DeeNtheChillas » January 19th, 2010, 12:54 am

Oh don't tempt me! I'm a sucker for cropped-eared block head boys. :wink:
and the 'chillas
Humble Acres Chinchillas
DeeNtheChillas
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby LMM » January 19th, 2010, 10:13 am

Man those are some beautiful dogs!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby RedChrome » January 19th, 2010, 8:21 pm

Let me know if I can do anything to help you out Vi. I've always admired the dogs that this breeder had and am VERY saddened to see a situation like this play out again with another APBT breeder. This poor breed. I love Sassy, she pulls the heartstrings. Hopefully Wishes breeder takes her back, no problems and that the rest of this person's dogs are safe and well taken care of.

Petie is a freaking doll!!!!

Courtney
Courtney
RedChrome
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » January 19th, 2010, 9:10 pm

Are these the other dogs from the same breeder as Jake?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby RedChrome » January 19th, 2010, 9:22 pm

M- Yes they are from the same breeder. I believe that they(rescuers) are keeping things fairly quiet for now as I'm assuming there are more dogs with the breeder that need help out of there.

I can say that this breeder was one that I used to consider decent and good as she did A LOT with her dogs. I never thought that I'd see one/many of hers in a rescue situation. Poor Babies.
Courtney
RedChrome
Just Whelped

Next

Return to Rescue