A Home for Chrome?

Postby furever_pit » December 24th, 2009, 8:36 pm

Meet Chrome. He is a 1-2 year old male Pit Bull/Pit Bull mix. I acquired him this morning after he was surrendered to my boss by his previous owner. He is a wonderful dog! Very sweet and affectionate and loves to cuddle. Has some obedience and works very well for praise. Overall a very confident dog but needs to overcome some handler sensitivity as a result of previous treatment. Has tons of energy. Heartworm negative. I do not know how he is with other dogs and cats. Though he behaves well in a kennel full of dogs barking and carrying on. Good with children. I'm not sure how he is as far as house-breaking because when I got him he was covered in feces from the cage he was locked in, however he had no accidents today while in the kennel at work with one walk at lunch and one this evening..

He is around the same size as Dylan so probably around 50 pounds at the moment but needs to gain a little weight. Has some more brindle spots on his rear that I don't have pictures of yet but I will try to get some this weekend. His ears stand up like Dylan's too. :D

Anyway, I am looking to rehome this dog to a responsible owner or to turn him over to a bulldog savvy rescue. If you or anyone you know are interested please let me know. If you know of a rescue that may have room for him, I would love to hear about it. I am willing to work out transportation for this dog. Thank you.

furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » December 25th, 2009, 11:12 am

Good luck finding him a nice home! I love his face. VERY SMOOSHABLE!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby furever_pit » December 25th, 2009, 2:05 pm

Here are some more pics of the big guy from this morning. I told y'all he had ears like Dylan. lol

He plays fetch but you need to wait for him to go behind you before throwing the toy otherwise he thinks you are going to hit him and he hits the floor all scared.

VELCRO DOG!

Right now, I only have a place for this boy to stay until Monday afternoon. I'm going to try and convince my boss to let me keep him in the kennel until I find a rescue or home for him to go to. That is, if I don't find a place to live that allows 3 dogs first! BWAHAHAHA! Oh wait, did I just say that out loud? Bad Alison, no getting attached to rescues. :nono:
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » December 25th, 2009, 2:24 pm

It's nice to hear he has a forever home now :| :P
Merry Christmas Chrome :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby furever_pit » December 25th, 2009, 2:27 pm

Pit♥Bull wrote:It's nice to hear he has a forever home now :| :P
Merry Christmas Chrome :)

It would take some kind of Christmas miracle, but if the stars aligned and I was able to get myself in a position to take this boy I would...in a heartbeat.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » December 25th, 2009, 2:42 pm

It's a real shame... Soooo many beautiful 'paws' and few chances for placement. :(
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby jketch » December 25th, 2009, 10:41 pm

Chrome is a beauty! I hope someone can step up for him.
jketch
Just Whelped

Postby furever_pit » December 27th, 2009, 12:32 am

Good news!
I have at least one rescue that is willing to take Chrome in when they have some room. Just waiting to hear from a few others.
Now to schedule his neuter and try to polish him up for any potential adopters.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby ArtGypsy » December 27th, 2009, 11:37 am

furever_pit wrote:Good news!
I have at least one rescue that is willing to take Chrome in when they have some room. Just waiting to hear from a few others.
Now to schedule his neuter and try to polish him up for any potential adopters.

THAT'S good news!! He deserves a forever home.....bless your heart for continuing efforts to do the best for him..... :D
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby jketch » December 27th, 2009, 7:00 pm

Awesome news! So good to hear! Nice work with Chrome! :dance:
jketch
Just Whelped

Postby furever_pit » December 27th, 2009, 7:13 pm

Just thought I'd let y'all know that Chrome is scheduled to be neutered tomorrow.
I will also be dropping him at this rescue on Thursday afternoon: http://www.ebbrrfl.org/
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » December 27th, 2009, 9:33 pm

furever_pit wrote:Just thought I'd let y'all know that Chrome is scheduled to be neutered tomorrow.
I will also be dropping him at this rescue on Thursday afternoon: http://www.ebbrrfl.org/

:cheer:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby madremissy » December 27th, 2009, 9:57 pm

Eeeek I just saw this. He is a beauty. Great news for helping him out.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Ino » December 30th, 2009, 5:03 pm

What a good looking boy! Glad you helped him get to a rescue and hopefully he finds a permanent home soon!! :D
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Rescue