Rally to Rescue™ is a partnership of Purina® Pro Plan® brand pet food and select pet rescue organizations across the country, dedicated to raising funds and awareness for the cause of pet rescue. Rescue Ambassadors are the heart of this program.
Individual pet rescue organizations may apply to become Rescue Ambassadors. Organizations that meet program requirements and are selected by Pro Plan receive a range of financial, promotional and event support.
• Financial Support: The program’s central fundraising tool is the Rally to Rescue™ collar and wristband set. Each Rescue Ambassador receives up to 200 free collar and wristband sets to sell, at a suggested retail price of $5 per set. All net proceeds of collar sales are that organization’s to keep. Rescue Ambassadors may also purchase additional sets for a nominal fee, to offset production, shipping and handling costs. In addition, net proceeds from collar sales on this Web site will be distributed equally among participating Rescue Ambassador organizations.
• Promotional Support: The Rally to Rescue™ site includes a calendar of rescue events to help visitors to this site learn about pet rescue events in their communities. Also, Rally to Rescue™ will underwrite a nationwide awareness campaign to help spread the message of pet rescue.
• Event Support: Each Rescue Ambassador receives a valuable Event Kit, which includes a tent, banner, curb signs and other materials to help create eye-catching, professional-looking public events. Rescue Ambassadors also receive Rally to Rescue™ t-shirts and a variety of useful printed materials.
Becoming a Rescue Ambassador
Your group can apply to join the Rescue Ambassador program if you are recognized as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and can provide all the information requested in our online application. We will review all applications and select certain organizations based on various criteria; in particular, we are most interested in working with smaller organizations.
Before you begin the application, have the following information ready:
• The number of pets your organization rescued and placed in 2004
• The number of volunteers involved with your program
• The number of rescue events your group attended in 2004
• Your 501(c)3 tax identification number
• Copies of your organization’s adoption application and adoption contract.