I should NOT be looking, but....

Postby HappyChick » October 2nd, 2009, 12:06 pm

Here is an ad I came across while looking in the pet section on the http://www.macomb.com website:

BLUE /BRINDEL PITBULL MIX 2MONTHS OLD

I AM SALEING MY 2MOUNTH OLD PITBULL PUPPY FOR 75 TO 55 DOLLARS TO A GOOD HOME BECASE SHE IS JUST GETING TO BIG FOR MY HOME HER NAME IS C'C SHES A VERY GOOD LOVEABLE PUPPY AND LOVES KIDS JUST PLEASE FILL FREE TO CALL ME AT xxx-xxx-xxxx THANKS AUGUSTINA

I think the writing of the ad speaks for itself. She didn't know how big the dog might get???? and it's too big at 2 months old. :nono: I think I'm going to call and see if she will give me the dog...maybe. Ugh.

PLEASE KNOW I AM NOT TRYING TO SELL A DOG! JUST ASTOUNDED BY THE AD!
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Marinepits » October 2nd, 2009, 5:20 pm

HappyChick wrote: JUST ASTOUNDED BY THE AD!

Uh, you and me both! :o
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Ino » October 2nd, 2009, 7:36 pm

That is disturbing!! I see ads like that on a few different classified/sales websites all the time. Obviously the lack of education (proof in the spelling/grammar) goes much deeper than their lack of pet education. I see a lot of people giving away their older dogs/cats because they do not get along with their new puppy or believe that you can not take a pet with you when you move. I understand sometimes tragedy strikes and some people do not have a choice, but a lot of them do and choose not to do right by the animal. I just want to reach through the computer and smack some people!!! That ad sounded uneducated in so many ways! I may not spell everything right or use the correct punctuation all the time......but goodness- that one is bad!! I hope you do get the dog. It deserves a good home. That is a sad scenerio when people do not look into it before they get an animal.
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby HappyChick » October 5th, 2009, 6:33 pm

So I left a message on Friday with my number to call back. No response over the weekend. I called the number again today and the celly was disconnected. I sent an email to which I've not yet gotten a response. I'm now wondering if she's trying to sell the pup to pay her cell phone bill or maybe she just can't afford to feed the poor thing...
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby philthepain » October 19th, 2009, 1:17 pm

i see ads like this all the time on craigslist. people get dogs and dont realize how big they are going to get or they dont ask their landlords and they have to get rid of them. just the other day there was this lady trying to sell a pup online and said that she needs to find it a home because its too big to stay in the bathroom when shes at school and work. i cant believe some people..
philthepain
Just Whelped

Postby HappyChick » October 21st, 2009, 12:21 pm

I must have been too late as I have not heard back from her and the ad is gone now. I sure hope the pup went to a good home.
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Jenny » November 6th, 2009, 11:32 pm

:cry: I can't look at the ads on Craigslist or the paper.... I do the same thing and then wonder what happened to the pup.. sigh*
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Rescue