ASPCA Announces Launch of Puppy Facts Database

Postby Marinepits » May 15th, 2009, 2:59 pm

Perhaps you’ve wondered where your puppy really came from, or wish there was a way to check out a breeder’s record before purchasing a dog. Maybe you just want to learn more about a specific breeding kennel in your neighborhood. Well, now you can!

The ASPCA is pleased to announce the launch of our Puppy Facts Database. This innovative and user-friendly online tool allows you to search through the inspection reports of breeding facilities all over the country—and if you live in New York, particular state laws make it possible for you to research pet stores, too!

Listing violations from lack of medical care and unsanitary living conditions to inadequate record keeping, the database will help users make educated decisions about the right place to find a new animal companion.

Access database here: http://www.aspcapuppyfacts.org/
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TheRedQueen » May 19th, 2009, 10:18 am

Oh...I wonder if I can find out about Rip's "breeder" finally. I've tried other puppy mill searches, and never found anything.

I don't know if I have the info on Inara...I'll have to look through her records.

Cool...thanks for the link. :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby StalkerBlueDog » May 20th, 2009, 1:07 am

This makes me nervous.. makes me wonder if it's somehow attached to the HSUS breeder complaint program.. if you do a search for HSUS on their site there's tons of listings..
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby TheRedQueen » May 22nd, 2009, 12:27 am

StalkerBlueDog wrote:This makes me nervous.. makes me wonder if it's somehow attached to the HSUS breeder complaint program.. if you do a search for HSUS on their site there's tons of listings..

:confused:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Rescue