SPCA Seizes 22 Dogs From Car

Postby cheekymunkee » February 10th, 2009, 3:30 pm

There are a few pis on the SPCA website, cute little dogs. They look like long haired Chi's or something

http://cbs11tv.com/pets/22.Dogs.Rescued.2.931000.html

GRAYSON COUNTY (CBS 11 News) ―

Twenty two small dogs are being cared for at the SPCA in McKinney after they were seized from a Grayson County woman.

"The state of the inside of the car would lead me to believe that they had been in there for some time. It was soaked with urine and feces," said Maura Davies with the SPCA of Texas.

All 22 dogs were found crammed inside a mid-size car in the small town of Pottsboro. The SPCA is calling it one of the most unusual cases of cruel confinement.

"I've never seen a person and dogs, especially this many dogs, living in a car," said Davies.

The SPCA received a call from a concerned neighbor in the 400 block of Grayson Street. There, they found a woman locked inside a car along a dirt road. A closer look revealed that the woman was sharing the car with dogs.

"I never saw her mistreat them, because she always carried them water and food," said Ronnie Anderson, a resident of the neighborhood.

Neighbors say the woman was evicted two weeks ago and was living in her car with the dogs. At times, she even used them to stay alive.

"I guess she stayed warm with all the dogs because you could see her snuggled up in the morning with the dogs laying on top of her," said neighbor Alyson Robinson. "It was a sad, sad situation."

Neighbors say the woman, identified as Lisa Espil, suffered from dementia. She is now with adult protective services.

A hearing to determine custody of the dogs will be held Monday, February 16 in Grayson County.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » February 10th, 2009, 3:54 pm

Pics of the dogs & the car can be seen here

http://www.spca.org/site/PageServer?pag ... illion0209

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Marinepits » February 10th, 2009, 4:00 pm

WOW. People knew she was ill, yet allowed her to stay in that situation for TWO weeks?!?! :shake:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » February 10th, 2009, 4:01 pm

Sad isnt it? :(

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby amazincc » February 10th, 2009, 4:15 pm

People suck. :shock: :x

I'm so glad she was helped, finally.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby LMM » February 10th, 2009, 6:29 pm

Wow, that is really sad. Cute little buggers though!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby KJS » February 11th, 2009, 1:15 pm

Marinepits wrote:WOW. People knew she was ill, yet allowed her to stay in that situation for TWO weeks?!?! :shake:

My thoughts exactly...what a mess we have gotton ourselves into that 'every man for himself' mentality extends even to situations like this :(

and they look like Papillons to me...theres a lady here who rides the bus with one looks just like that and she paid a buttload of euros hor hers :shock:

http://www.champdogs.co.uk/guide/papillon.html
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Return to Rescue