Max the Mastiff at Rochester Animal Services

Postby LMM » January 23rd, 2009, 12:40 pm

I went to see Max yesterday and omg all I can say is TOTAL LOVEBUG. What a mooshface he is!!! He isn't getting much action because people are afraid he has pit in him :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:

I wanted to post him here to see if there is any interest. I'll pull, help with fees, transport whatever...

Wook at this face! :sad2:

He laid out for a full belly rub and everything :D
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Rolex+Deebo » January 23rd, 2009, 1:51 pm

I was just looking at him, he is just too cute!
Im going there to see Jenni, Ill stop to smooch with him too. She is listed as a collie mix, but looks an awful lot like a pit bull. Know much about her?
How long do they have in there before pts? :sad2:
PR Top Line's Inna White Tee CGC ~aka~ ♥Rolex♥
Deebo ~aka~ Slobber Monkey
Scahill's Goddess Of Light CGC TDI ~aka~ Ziva

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby BigDogBuford » January 23rd, 2009, 2:27 pm

LMM wrote:I went to see Max yesterday and omg all I can say is TOTAL LOVEBUG. What a mooshface he is!!! He isn't getting much action because people are afraid he has pit in him :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:

I wanted to post him here to see if there is any interest. I'll pull, help with fees, transport whatever...

OMG, he's awesome! Do you think he's a DDB mix?
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby LMM » January 23rd, 2009, 2:39 pm

Rolex+Deebo wrote:I was just looking at him, he is just too cute!
Im going there to see Jenni, Ill stop to smooch with him too. She is listed as a collie mix, but looks an awful lot like a pit bull. Know much about her?
How long do they have in there before pts? :sad2:

Jenni is safe for now! I originally thought she looked pit as well but she's not. I went to see her yesterday and she is more shepherd-y (I know, not a word!). She is safe until 1/26 (mandatory hold) and I've had an overwhelming response to her so I'm confident I can get her into a safe home.

Max however hasn't gotten much attention, except from me yesterday! He is such a lovey guy too :(
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LMM » January 23rd, 2009, 2:41 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:
LMM wrote:I went to see Max yesterday and omg all I can say is TOTAL LOVEBUG. What a mooshface he is!!! He isn't getting much action because people are afraid he has pit in him :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:

OMG, he's awesome! Do you think he's a DDB mix?

No idea but I can tell you he is a mix of awesome smooshy-faced loveyness :D

I'd say no because his jowels aren't as droopy but he's a mix so he could have some in there.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby jmashaney » January 23rd, 2009, 5:03 pm

There a super high smoosh factor there! Good luck, Max!
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby LMM » January 23rd, 2009, 5:28 pm

Well Max has suddenly disappeared from RAS :( A friend of mine called this morning, she was going to grab him up and foster (we have a couple interested people!) and she was told that he was on hold because of his breed and wasn't available for adoption yet (conflicting what I was told yesterday). She was told specifically that he would not be adopted out today. That the manager would be screening all applicants for the best match and would contact people as appropriate. They told her they had a ton of interest in him, this after two separate people at the shelter yesterday told me he has had little interest because of his breed.

I called a little while ago to put my name on him, I was getting a little antsy with all the conflicting information and was told Max was adopted out. It's pure bullshit and I am so angry and frustrated right now.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Marinepits » January 23rd, 2009, 5:30 pm

Oh, boy. :(
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby StalkerBlueDog » January 23rd, 2009, 7:56 pm

Maybe Try posting to criagslist and see if there is actually someone who adopted him?..you never know..if he was adopted someone might know who did adopt him.. and then at least you're mind is put at ease that he's safe..
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby LMM » January 23rd, 2009, 9:02 pm

That's actually a pretty good idea, thanks!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LMM » January 24th, 2009, 6:00 pm

Max is safe, whew! I've had two visual confirmations and a little bit of information that a relative of his original owner came in to claim/adopt him.

I feel SO much better.

The good news is this whole process with Jenni and Max has opened up a line of communication between the Director for Animal Services and myself.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Marinepits » January 24th, 2009, 6:01 pm

Oh, thank goodness!!! *whew*
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby StalkerBlueDog » January 24th, 2009, 6:11 pm

glad to hear! :) :dance:
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Return to Rescue