Mason...HoCo shelter, MD

Postby TheRedQueen » January 11th, 2009, 11:38 pm

What a cutie...check out those ears! And look how far he's come...poor guy!

http://howardcountypets.org/featured-macy.html
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby fenella » January 11th, 2009, 11:47 pm

I have been looking at his picture every time I'm on petfinder. I'm not in a position to take on another dog, but his face gets me. Today is the first time I saw his starving pics :sad2:
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby CinderDee » January 11th, 2009, 11:57 pm

OMG, I'm not sure I've ever seen a dog that skinny. :(

He looks wonderful now!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby LMM » January 12th, 2009, 5:24 pm

Omg :( :(

He looks wonderful now but the starving pics :( :(

Good luck to Mason, he truly deserves a break!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby iluvk9 » January 12th, 2009, 5:57 pm

:shock: I wasn't prepared for his "before" photos.

He certainly has come a LONG way!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby KJS » January 13th, 2009, 3:41 am

Great face and super cool ears!...how anyone could treat a dog so badly when there is just love behind those eyes I dont know..but I do know theres a spot in hell just for them...and they are welcome to it :x
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby muse » January 13th, 2009, 11:37 am

Does anyone know how this guy is around cats? I have someone who may take him, but they have 3 cats... :|
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby fenella » January 13th, 2009, 12:34 pm

I called over to the rescue for you.
They said that he is basically a "big pussycat". He is very friendly with all of the people he's been around. The dogs don't really play together, but in the runs, etc. he has never shown any signs of aggression toward the other dogs. (Of course, in a home, some dogs change, but it is a good sign at least). She said that he hasn't been in a home with cats that they know of, but they do take them through the cat room. She said that he did not react at all to the cats. She also said that if he were to go to a home with cats, they could test him with a cat loose (I'm assuming he'd be on-leash). They have very limited hours (and off the top of my head, I don't remember what they are). They have a lot in fosters, so they have dog viewing by appointment only.
She did say that the only behavior that he's displayed that they don't like is pooping in his cage. However, given his previous circumstances abandoned in a house, I think that is sort of to be expected.
She didn't have his paperwork in front of her, but she guessed him to be about 50-60#. "He's a pretty good size"
The phone number of the center is at the bottom of Erin's link.
I'm just hoping and praying that he finds the right home...he deserves some TLC.
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby lellis34 » January 13th, 2009, 1:22 pm

What a sweetie!! I hate seeing these pictures because it's times like these I really need a bigger house with a yard.
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Return to Rescue