Gomer and Kenny

Postby madremissy » January 10th, 2009, 1:29 am

You did great. He looks like a wonderful dog. I hope he gets a home soon. I loved when he just laid in your lap and when he hung over the back of the bench. :)
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby CinderDee » January 10th, 2009, 1:51 am

He's just adorable and you did a great job!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Malli » January 10th, 2009, 4:47 am

he looks SO sweet :neutral:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Judy » January 10th, 2009, 9:12 am

Um, uh, that was pretty good. :mrgreen:

NO really, you did great. It's hard w/out having a script, even tv people "um" and "uh".

I think it's good, and I'm going to post it on my Facebook with a link to the shelter.

Good job.
Due to a forum glitch, I am now 30 years old. :woowoo:
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » January 10th, 2009, 9:24 am

Matt, you are just hot, no matter WHAT you say or don't say. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby maberi » January 10th, 2009, 9:50 am

Lol, I need you around more Joyce
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby LMM » January 10th, 2009, 10:14 am

Omigod Matt, he loves you sooooo much! Are you sure you can't find a teeny weeny spot for him?? :wink:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Pit♥bull » January 10th, 2009, 10:20 am

Rolex+Deebo wrote:Not sure about the eyes, but I could hold him temporarily too, to give more time. :|
He would be on a "crate and rotate" with 2 other dogs, but he would get a walk a day and a big yard to play in. Not to mention toys, and lovin.
Also, Deebo had the end of his tail actually burned off when I found him, and the only thing that healed it was Nu-stock, I have a lot left if needed.
Pardon me but...... Did everyone overlook this solution for Kenny? :|
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby ArtGypsy » January 10th, 2009, 10:22 am

maberi wrote:Lol, thanks

I was on my way out when the director of the shelter asked me to talk about him so I was a little tongue tied to say the least :neener:

Well, I think you did a Wonderful Job!!!!! :mrgreen:
That Poochie is GORGEOUS!!!

------------Jody, who'd have a house full if she could .(and was a bit crazier)
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby maberi » January 10th, 2009, 10:24 am

No I definitely didn't overlook it and I appreciate the offer. Kenny is not in a situation where he will be euthanized anytime soon otherwise I would take that offer up. I'm very hesitent to put Kenny in a temporary foster care situation knowing that he may not get adopted quickly.

If the shelter notifies me that they need to make room then I will start looking into other options for him but for now he gets much more traffic at the shelter.
maberi

Postby Pit♥bull » January 10th, 2009, 10:32 am

maberi wrote:No I definitely didn't overlook it and I appreciate the offer. Kenny is not in a situation where he will be euthanized anytime soon otherwise I would take that offer up. I'm very hesitent to put Kenny in a temporary foster care situation knowing that he may not get adopted quickly.

If the shelter notifies me that they need to make room then I will start looking into other options for him but for now he gets much more traffic at the shelter.
Makes good sense to me Matt, Thanks :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby maberi » January 16th, 2009, 9:59 am

I recently contacted every pit bull rescue in the north east that I could find about Kenny. I didn't think anything would pan out but I received the e-mail below yesterday

Hello Matthew,
Thank you so much for contacting Recycled Love Rescue and telling us about Kenny. He is a beautiful dog. I took a look at his great pictures and video. My first thought is to tell you that we need to help the dogs that are in our area but I know how hard it can be to adopt a Pit Bull through the local shelter. They dont show well since they have to be caged all the time. I would like to help you and Kenny.
I do need to know how good or bad he is with other dogs. This is a must. Since if accepted to our rescue he will go into foster home and we need to know if he will do well in a home where there are other dogs. I am not sure if you had him out with another dog or not.
Once we committ to a dog it is until the dog is adopted, even if the dog has issues, we rarely will put a dog to sleep. So it is crucial that I know what we are getting when we take in Kenny, if we do.
I will wait to hear from you about this question. I do appreciate that there are people like yourself out there that are working their tales off to help dogs in need.
Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Catalina Stirling
Recycled Love Rescue

I contacted the director at the shelter and they are going to let me pull Kenny so I can take him home for a while to get a better feel for how he is with other dogs. Karma does awesome with other dogs so she will be Kenny's official test. I'm not sure Kayden would appreciate Kenny that much so we will probably be on a crate and rotate for a little while. I sat in his kennel with him for 30 minutes last night and he spent the entire time upside down with his belly in the air on top of my lap with that giant pit bull smile. I hope things work out for him

The woman who contacted me is the owner of the dog on the cover of the SI edition with the Vick dogs. They interview her (Catalina Stirling) about her dog Jasmine on page 5 of the article

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/m ... index.html
maberi

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 16th, 2009, 10:06 am

That's awesome, Matt!

And I just saw that video of you and Kenny - good lord he is precious! You're not bad either ( :wink: ) but damn Kenny is cute!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » January 16th, 2009, 10:09 am

Um...Cute video! How did I miss this earlier?

That's great news about the rescue...good luck. :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby madremissy » January 16th, 2009, 10:19 am

:woowoo: :woowoo:
Oh my Matt, I have everything crossed for this to happen. I have been rooting for Kenny for a while now. You should be very proud of yourself and Kenny for all the hard work you have done for him. Thanks :highfive:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Jenn » January 16th, 2009, 10:22 am

Fingers crossed that Kenny is a good boy!! I love him.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby LMM » January 16th, 2009, 11:25 am

Matt I am SO happy to read this! I am crossing everything necessary that this all goes through. If you need a couple more dogs to "test him out", let me know!

You really are this dog's savior, I hope you realize that.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby CinderDee » January 16th, 2009, 11:34 am

This is such great news! WTG Matt!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby airwalk » January 16th, 2009, 2:42 pm

Matt, on behalf of shelter dogs everywhere...THANK YOU! Thank you for caring enough to keep coming back and trying. Thank you for taking the time and spending the energy to find to goodness and help shine it up so others can see it as well. Thank you for bothering to spend the time and expend the energy to keep working on finding an option.

Thank you for being there!
airwalk
I live here

Postby Judy » January 16th, 2009, 10:31 pm

The dog on the cover of SI (Jasmin?) is beautiful.

This is promising!

Good luck acclimating him with other dogs, keep us posted how that is going and we will all have our paws crossed!
Due to a forum glitch, I am now 30 years old. :woowoo:
Judy
Loyally Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue