Stolen dog...Tewksbury, MA

Postby TheRedQueen » November 12th, 2008, 1:07 am

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/ ... en_dog.jpg
**Crossposted***please use contact info for more details
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby LMM » November 12th, 2008, 11:23 am

Oh that makes me so sad! :( I really hope they find him unharmed.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Val » November 12th, 2008, 11:35 am

I live in Tewksbury, this makes me sad and a little leary.
I hope he is found soon. :cry:
Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or hump it.
Pee on it and walk away.
Val
Just Whelped

Postby KJS » November 12th, 2008, 12:21 pm

This does not make me sad...it makes me EFFING ANGRY!...HOW DARE THEY!!!..I mean really...how D A R E they????appraoching children and taking a dog from them....shouldnt even be near the dang kids in the first place never mind taking a dog that you have nothing to do with away...its beyond belief
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » November 12th, 2008, 3:27 pm

Cilla is HOME!!! She was returned last night! :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby Marinepits » November 12th, 2008, 3:30 pm

:woowoo:

What happened? The bastards who took her brought her back?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby KJS » November 12th, 2008, 3:35 pm

MUCH YAYNESS!!!!!! :mrgreen:

I bet they are just too glad to have her home to think of pressing charges or anything...cant say I would be so pleasant about it all
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby Jenn » November 12th, 2008, 4:04 pm

Whew, good news!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TheRedQueen » November 12th, 2008, 4:12 pm

Marinepits wrote::woowoo:

What happened? The bastards who took her brought her back?

I dunno...I'll post more info when I get it. :)

TheRedQueen

Postby Val » November 12th, 2008, 4:40 pm

Yay!!! :dance:
Val
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » November 16th, 2008, 7:02 pm

It's very odd...but here's the story...

What happened was the owner lives on a cul-de-sac and her girlfriend's son was working in the yard, he left a gate open and she got out. Her neighbor came over and said some of the kids at the end of the street had Cilla and told them she knew the owner and that she would be right there. When the neighbor yelled to the owner that the kids at the end of the street had Cilla she took off on foot but when she saw the kids they didn't have her. She said to the kids, I thought you had my dog and they told her that a Jeep had stopped, said thank you for finding my dog, opened the door and she jumped in. Her neighbor was able to give a great description of the jeep as they have seen it parked at the end of the cul-de-sac before. Her dogs are in all the time and are only out when she is with them so they couldn't have been waiting for an opportunity to grab her.

I spoke on the phone with the owner after Cilla was returned. Cilla was fine and in fact was returned with a new collar and leash, food, toys, bed. The people who returned her said they had her for a few days but when they saw her flier up decided they had to return her. Supposedly a friend had called them asking if they wanted a dog. Some think that the 2 men who stole her may be friends of one of the neighbors.

The whole thing is very suspicious but the owner is so thankful to have her back. I asked her if Cilla is microchipped, she said no but she has already contacted her vet to have the new microchip w/GPS inserted.

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » November 16th, 2008, 7:38 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:The whole thing is very suspicious but the owner is so thankful to have her back. I asked her if Cilla is microchipped, she said no but she has already contacted her vet to have the new microchip w/GPS inserted.

I've been waiting for this to come out, but can't find anything about it?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amazincc » November 16th, 2008, 10:34 pm

mnp13 wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:The whole thing is very suspicious but the owner is so thankful to have her back. I asked her if Cilla is microchipped, she said no but she has already contacted her vet to have the new microchip w/GPS inserted.

I've been waiting for this to come out, but can't find anything about it?

As far as I know there isn't anything like that available yet... and wouldn't a GPS chip need a power source to function??? Like a battery??? :oops: :|
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » November 16th, 2008, 11:18 pm

VERY weird story.

And I know that there is a GPS collar available currently, but still $$$$$$
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby amazincc » November 16th, 2008, 11:35 pm

SisMorphine wrote:And I know that there is a GPS collar available currently, but still $$$$$$

Yes, I saw the collars... but no microchip where the GPS unit is included...
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Return to Rescue