Meet Arturo

Postby Maryellen » April 15th, 2006, 7:14 pm

Meet Arturo, a possibly 3 month old mastiff/pit/whatever mix.. Arturo is learning his crate training, housebreaking, house manners, and basic obedience skills.. Since he is now in a foster home he will get the love and important skills he needs to be adopted.. No more 10+ hours in a crate to only come out to pee/poop... He is learning that a house is not scary, and that walking around wont get him beat up... He will be a BIG boy.... his paws are huge, and his estimated weight right now is around 30 lbs..... he has a big boy bark as well.

Last edited by Maryellen on April 15th, 2006, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » April 15th, 2006, 7:16 pm

A very regal looking boy!
Purple
I live here

Postby Maryellen » April 15th, 2006, 7:25 pm

isnt he? he is sooooo adorable.. he is getting a bath shortly....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Malli » April 15th, 2006, 9:27 pm

hey ME, are you on Flippers and Fins too?

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby turtle » April 15th, 2006, 9:28 pm

Wow, BIG puppy! You can see the mastiff influence in his head and he's gonna be one large dog.

In the other pics, it looked like his front legs might have some joint issues? Extra large pups are tough in a way, they need proper food and careful exercise to keep them from having problems with their elbows and ankles as they grow and mature.

Good luck to him and his brother!
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby Maryellen » April 15th, 2006, 9:32 pm

yep i sure am..

his legs are splayed from being in a crate for over 10 hours a day, the vet report said with proper exercise they should correct themselves.. his previous owner only let him out to eat, pee/poop and then he went backin the crate ina laundry room outside the house
Maryellen
I live here

Postby turtle » April 15th, 2006, 10:10 pm

Maryellen wrote:his legs are splayed from being in a crate for over 10 hours a day, the vet report said with proper exercise they should correct themselves.. his previous owner only let him out to eat, pee/poop and then he went backin the crate ina laundry room outside the house

Oh, poor pup! 10 hours a day is way too much, no wonder his poor legs look like that. Good food and slow gradual exercise will help immensely, he's young and I'm sure his legs will strengthen and straighten out.
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby Maryellen » April 15th, 2006, 10:11 pm

he also has an old break in his right rear leg too, he favors that when walking and sitting. he is going to the vet to get xrays done to see how bad it is.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby a-bull » April 15th, 2006, 10:17 pm

My guy had rickets as a pup and initially couldn't walk because of it---but with the right diet, they do indeed come around.

Good luck with him. He is going to be GORGEOUS. He looks like a gentle soul. :haloGreen:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 15th, 2006, 10:58 pm

Poor little guy! I'm glad he is with you now
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Maryellen » April 17th, 2006, 10:00 am

Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 17th, 2006, 10:17 am

Oh ME he is sooo cute!!!! Thanks for taking him in!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby babyreba » April 17th, 2006, 11:11 am

woah, he is waaaaay too cute and squishy! have fun with him!
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby Jenn » April 17th, 2006, 12:57 pm

Adorable little guy!
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » April 17th, 2006, 1:07 pm

You CAN see the mastiff in these pictures, He is a doll!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 17th, 2006, 1:39 pm

I really just want to squeeze him! Especially that last pic where he's laying in the sun because he'd be all warm and sleepy...
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Maryellen » April 17th, 2006, 1:46 pm

do you think so cheeky? i sometimes see mastiff, sometimes not,.. when i squish his cheeks together then he looks really mastiffy..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Maryellen » April 17th, 2006, 7:33 pm

well, arturo went to the vet tonight for xrays, his ankle is missing some bones in it, the vet said its just that his bones didnt form while he was growing in the mothers tummy, so he might have problems later on..but she said he also might do fine too.. she said to wait until he is fully grown to go see an orthopediac surgeon to see if something has to be done.. he is walking much better on it, and now that he is out of his crate in that bad environment he might grow some muscle mass there to help him..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Marinepits » April 17th, 2006, 7:47 pm

Aww, poor little/big dude. Sending good thoughts his way! He sure is a handsome pup.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Maryellen » April 17th, 2006, 8:17 pm

more arturo:
Maryellen
I live here

Next

Return to Rescue