No-kill shelter in MD closing...pit bull to be PTS

Postby TheRedQueen » June 6th, 2008, 11:14 am

***crossposted***

I am an adoption counselor with an organization called Friends for Life located in Woodsboro, MD.
The woman who started the rescue has decided suddenly that she doesn't wand to do "the dog thing anymore."
They have already euthanized one dog. Those of us who volunteer got a stay of execution for one week. We have various dogs, but the next one to go was going to be Tonka because, "Nobody wants a pit anyway". Personally, I had fostered a pit, found in Baltimore who'd been used as bait since we know that the house where "Lucky" was found had been raided for pit fighting.
A sweeter dog you've never known, as was my first foster dog, also a pit mix, named Bashful. Both were adopted into loving homes.
I'm attaching some information on the pits we have. If there is even one you can take in, we'd be so appreciative. All of our dogs are vetted. neutered, and micro-chipped.

Please call me with any questions or suggestions you have.

Thank you for your time,

Loretta Collins
301-320-1181

P.S. Sorry, we don't have a picture of Tonka.
We also have (4) Lab mixes, (2) Border Collies, brother & sister Cattle dogs,
(1) Beagle/Basset, (1) Beagle, (1) Shepherd mix, (1) Shar-Pei, (1) Jack Russell, a pure-bred Shepherd, (2) Hound mixes, (1) Husky mix and a couple other breeds I'm sure I've forgotten. All in all we have 21 dogs and one week to get them placed.

Loretta Collins
Field Service Representative
Home: (301) 320-1181
Cell: (301) 760-9467
Fax: (301) 320-7747
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby KJS » June 7th, 2008, 6:42 am

All in all we have 21 dogs and one week to get them placed.

GOOD GRIEF! talk about setting yourself up for heartache...I wish I could help :(
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Return to Rescue