two pit bulls need a home

Postby APBTlvr » June 4th, 2008, 1:55 pm

Okay, this is my first time posting in the rescue section. Here is the deal:

1. One 18month neutered male pit bull definitely needs a home. His owners just went through a divorce and the husband kept the dog, but due to the fact that he is supposed to pay child support for two newborn babies, he has 3 jobs and the dog is in his crate throughout the whole day. He happens to be my neighbor and I take him out whenever I take my dog. He doesn't have any money to provide for the dog anymore. The dog caught fleas so I took him, bathed and applied Frontline. I also bought him some Canidae food so he can feed the dog until we find him a home. The only aggression I have seen from him was against this particular beagle dog. Bobo is perfectly fine with cats and other male and female bully or non bully dogs. He weighs 60lbs, golden light brown color, ears intact. Super active and super sweet. Location is Tampa, FL.

2. One 8 month neutered male pit bull needs a home. Story here is that the husband wanted a pit bull and did not take any responsibility for it at all. They adopted the dog from the humane society and later realized that pit bulls are not for everyone, even though the husband insisted on one. Same situation - dog is locked in the crate at all times, does not really get any exercise. They can handle him financially, but not time wise. Up to date on shots, setc. His name is nugget and he is a white boy with some spots, ears intact. Have not seen any aggression from the dog. Location Tampa, FL.

Both of these dogs have interacted with my pit bull and they play extremely nice.

Dog #1 has been in my house many time, including right now and is perfectly fine with my cat, no food aggression and no dominance of any kind.

Dog #2 as far as I am concerned is unknown with cats because I have not seen him, but is fine with dogs male or female.

I will post some pics later of both dogs.

Thank you.
APBTlvr
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » June 4th, 2008, 4:45 pm

Very detailed information! Good luck finding nice homes for them!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby APBTlvr » June 5th, 2008, 9:17 pm

Guys...nothing? I know its hard, but not a single one... I am even willing to drive outside of Tampa to do the home inspection and if the home is right to give the dogs there. I just don't really trust the actual owners finding homes for the dogs that much, because they were the ones putting the dogs in this situation in the first place.
APBTlvr
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Rescue