OUT OF THE PITS? Anyone work with them?

Postby Magnolia618 » March 4th, 2008, 10:30 pm

I don't know if this means anything to anyone, but we are boarding an OOTP dog named Leihla (sp?) and I just wanted to let you know that she is GORGEOUS and very very very veeeery spoiled. :lol
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby gayrghts » March 5th, 2008, 2:21 am

On March 04 2008, 9:30 PM, Magnolia618 wrote:I don't know if this means anything to anyone, but we are boarding an OOTP dog named Leihla (sp?) and I just wanted to let you know that she is GORGEOUS and very very very veeeery spoiled. :lol

wow.... all the way up to you?

my pittie foster that i had for about 9 mths... was rescued from a local shelter but OOTP helped me to pay for her mange tx and her spay and get her an adoptive home....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » March 5th, 2008, 8:10 am

My daughter and I volunteered at the facility where they board dogs...they are a very good rescue
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » March 5th, 2008, 10:16 am

Liehla is a cute little brindle staffy bull. She is on the er... hefty side, though.

Her owners were nice, but a tad neurotic. Her feeding instructions were addressed to "Queen Leihla". lol and they were very upset about leaving her. It didnt seem like the smartest way to behave to a Katrina dog. :|
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby gayrghts » March 5th, 2008, 2:07 pm

On March 05 2008, 9:16 AM, Magnolia618 wrote:Liehla is a cute little brindle staffy bull. She is on the er... hefty side, though.

Her owners were nice, but a tad neurotic. Her feeding instructions were addressed to "Queen Leihla". lol and they were very upset about leaving her. It didnt seem like the smartest way to behave to a Katrina dog. :|

so she's not currently a OOTP dog, she's a former rescue of theirs who is currently boarding with you while her new forever owners are going away?
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Magnolia618 » March 5th, 2008, 9:09 pm

Yep.

I just thought someone from OOTP would like an update :|
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby gayrghts » March 5th, 2008, 9:13 pm

On March 05 2008, 8:09 PM, Magnolia618 wrote:Yep.

I just thought someone from OOTP would like an update :|

I'll pass the info on... was that her name with OOTP?

I'd love an update on my phoenix who moved to Ct.
Heather

- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Magnolia618 » March 5th, 2008, 10:07 pm

No idea. She is a very sweet dog, and obviously very well loved!

I just know that she was from OOTP on her owner's questionnaire.
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Malli » March 5th, 2008, 10:12 pm

On March 05 2008, Magnolia618 wrote: lol and they were very upset about leaving her. It didnt seem like the smartest way to behave to a Katrina dog. :|

Or to any dog! :shock:
People come in to visit their animals at my work (vet er hospital) and obsessively pet them and tell them "its ok" over and over, and then you have seperation or anxiety in some facet that comes out, and its like "Gee, I wonder why?" "oh, thats right, its becaused you marked the behavior in your pet by acting distressed and anxious yourself!" :crazy:

Ah well, its hard to be hard on actions that stem simply from love.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Magnolia618 » March 5th, 2008, 10:23 pm

Exactly. How do you say "Don't love your dog so much!!" :lol
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby amazincc » March 6th, 2008, 1:56 am

On March 05 2008, 9:23 PM, Magnolia618 wrote:Exactly. How do you say
"Don't love your dog so much!!"
:lol

There IS such a saying??? :shock: :oops:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick