Video- How Could YOU?

Postby haileysmom » February 27th, 2008, 1:19 pm

This is a video that I made after a day of voluntering at a local shelter. I think I just had enough that day and needed to get my frustrations out. On this particular day a man brought in an 11 year old pitbull. He said that his family was moving to another state and where he was moving did not allow dogs. I tried to explain to him how hard it is to adopt a pitbull in our area as there are soooo many in the shelters. I asked if he knew anyone who could foster the dog. I got an immediate and sharp "NO, if I did I wouldnt be here now". This man had a blank look on his face and his dog was shaking. I almost broke down right there but I knew I had to keep it together for this poor dog for he was already terrified.

The man handed me the leash saying "Do I need to sign anything, my family is in the car?" I had him sign the surrender paper and I bended down to take the collar off, thinking maybe this "man" would want to keep it and he looked at me and said "Thanks for making this so speedy"

SPEEDY????? I just gave him an awful look and held the dog back and he tried to follow after his "owner" as he walked out the door. That is when I BROKE down...I can not understand for the life of me how these people can sleep at night!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVaiv5tMPY

This dog did luckly find a home but he is one of the "lucky ones".
"Dog is God spelled backwards"
haileysmom
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby hey21jude » February 27th, 2008, 11:08 pm

How could YOU make me cry! :cry1:

Such a sad video...It really tugged on my heart strings.

Sorry you had to go through that! :cry:
Save the Pit Bull... Save the World.
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby blayzeingsun » February 28th, 2008, 1:53 pm

i watched this last night and yes! I did cry. blah! i hate crying. i am not a big crier either so this is a great video!
blayzeingsun
Loyally Bully

Postby mikeV » February 28th, 2008, 3:13 pm

I too have tears running down my cheeks as that video really got to me.
This is exactly why I adopted Tasha and not some other breed.
There are roughly 20,000 pit bulls euthanized in the San Francisco Bay area alone each year I read on one website and that breaks my heart as I want to save them all and can't. :cry1:

It is amazing how cold some people can be.
I cry when I have to leave Tasha at the Vet's kennels for a weekend to see our son at Camp Pendleton. :-(
mikeV
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Rescue