Dayton Ohio help needed.... BYB surrender

Postby gayrghts » February 15th, 2008, 9:02 pm

Subject: HELP!! Backyard Breeder Emergency ASAP Need Homes!!!
Date: Mon, February 11, 2008 4:54 pm

DAYTON Backyard Breeder Update:

We have 8 dollars to our name and 44 pounds of dog food for all of the rescued dogs (7) and my dogs/DDB Rescues (9)!!

WE NEED EMERGENCY HELP!! I got the dogs surrendered from him (the BYB), but now I need a place to take them! I can arrange transport, but I have no money to get med care and I dont have enough crates to keep them for days!

I got one to the vet and they all have demodex. Thank God! Amazingly enough none of the wounds on these dogs are infected!!! I can hardly belive that...maybe there was too much dirt caked on them for the germs to get through..lol...if thats possible!

I need help with getting these dogs out of here now. I dont have enough crates and being alone with all these dogs with a baby is overwhelming. I have four of my own and five Dogs Deserve Better doggies. The Animal Resource Center and a Humane Officer came by today and got photos and info about the guy (BYB). He is a part of an investigation. They werent allowed to say anything about it, but they did say that he turned over four a day before he gave these up to me and they were in worse shape (and of course they were put down).

Please contact anyone you know that can take any of them. All of them have demodex, are not fixed, and are starving for attention from humans! They all are very loving and listen like a trained dog, but they have been used just for breeding!!!!! They are all so sad and these dogs need med attention & baths!

Below are their profiles (click here to view their pictures - > http://columbustopdogs.com/wst_page9.php)

1. COCOA: 2 yr old beautiful Bulldog/ Staffordshire Bull Terrier Female. She was once a family dog then given to him because she wasnt little and cute anymore......She is the color of milk chocolate exactly! She could be an amazingly beautiful dog! She is very friendly to everyone, even strangers, and she LOVES to swim.

2.PEARL: 5 years old full blood Staffordshire Bull Terrier.. Brindle..She is pregnant and due next month! Her babies will all be brindle also as the dad was too...(Both parents have very good temperments!!) She is extremely friendly and kinda goofy and fun! She is really short and chunky! PEARL is in a crate that is probably too small, but it is all I could find for her and it is breaking my heart when I go in there and she puts her paw up to ask to be let out.

3. CHANCE: She is a 7 month old Hound/ AmStaff mix. She is very affectionatte and likes to kiss alot. She is brown & white spotted.

4.HONEY: She is a 7 month old AmStaff. She is a little shy but will warmup to you after aminute. She is brown & white spotted.

5.ROXY: 14 month old female Shep/ AmStaff mix. She is very affectionate and submissive to people. She is great with kids and is pregnant and due next week with Thrillers babies.

6.THRILLER: 10 month old Staffordshire Bull Terrier male. He is very calm and sweet but doesnt like big dominant men. If they are affectonatte to other dogs then he does warm up to them but he doesnt know whether to trust them at first. I have watched this guy grow up at this place and he has a special place in my heart...He was chained at 3 months old on a HUGE HEAVY chain. I have been begging for him his whole life. He is in terrible helath but can get better!! He has punctures and cuts all over his body from being attacked by other dogs when he was chained.

7. LEXIS: She is 11 months old and friendly also. She is mostly AmStaff. She is the mother of HONEY. She is very smart and is being crated with THRILLER right now.

I dont have enough room for them (they are all in crates in my laundry room) and the Humane Society needs 2 of thier crates back ASAP.

PLEASE HELP!!
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby amazincc » February 15th, 2008, 10:40 pm

On February 15 2008, 8:02 PM, gayrghts wrote:
7. LEXIS: She is 11 months old and friendly also. She is mostly AmStaff. She is the mother of HONEY. She is very smart and is being crated with THRILLER right now.

Okay... WHAT??? :shock: :rolleyes2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby mnp13 » February 15th, 2008, 10:51 pm

Are you sure they don't have sarcopic mange? it seems a little odd that 5 dogs of unknown origins and different breeds would all have mange.

the story seems a little off to me...
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amazincc » February 15th, 2008, 11:19 pm

That whole story doesn't make sense... Lexis is 11 months old and the MOTHER of Honey... and Honey is 7 months old already???
And she supposedly crates unaltered dogs together NOW???
Just weird, to say the least. :?
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » February 16th, 2008, 12:18 am

Their website looks legitimate. :|

http://www.columbustopdogs.com/wst_page9.php
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby gayrghts » February 16th, 2008, 2:05 am

I'm only cross posting it....

and i'm doing it mainly because i'd hate to see pups or mamma's that are pregnant and about to produce pups get into the wrong hands with certain so called rescuers :kool: that are mainly into getting pups and then selling them for 300+ to new adopters... with very little good vet care.... yes s/n and maybe shots....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Malli » February 16th, 2008, 4:56 am

I find it odd that she didn't have some kind of "back up" plan? To take 7 dogs on knowing you have no certain future or funds to care for them...
IMO is almost as bad as the person who had them in first place.
Maybe I've missed something?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Rescue