Urgent in CT

Postby LMM » February 12th, 2008, 5:17 pm

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=9997689

Animal: Dog
Breed: American Staffordshire Terrier
Sex: Male
Size: Large

Couldn't you make room in your home for this gentle giant? This quiet, handsome guy gets along great with all the dogs at the shelter and would love to join you on your couch at home.

If you are interested in this dog, please call or email us and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Adoption fee is $50 for state of CT residents and includes a spay/neuter/vaccination certificate. The adoption fee is $5 for out-of-state.

Like all the dogs we house at the shelter, we don't have a history of them. As a result, we cannot guarantee the temperament or if the animal will be good around children. Time and appropriate precautions should be taken when adopting any shelter animal. The animals will be excited to be "finally" leaving the shelter. We try and walk them as much as time will permit but they don't get out much. They must be given time and patience to adjust to their new surroundings.

Suffield Animal Shelter
Suffield, CT

Phone: 860-668-3861

I have been working with Angelo (Shelter Manager) trying to get this big guy a good home. Angelo says he is just a sweet dog and he really wants to see Red make it out!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LMM » February 12th, 2008, 5:19 pm

Sorry, here are a couple pics of this gorgeous guy!

LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby KJS » February 12th, 2008, 5:24 pm

OH MY! he is gorgeous!!!!
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby LMM » February 12th, 2008, 5:32 pm

I know and Angelo said he is a sweet boy!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby hey21jude » February 12th, 2008, 8:11 pm

Aww! What a sweet old gentleman! He looks like a good cuddler. Good luck placing him!
Save the Pit Bull... Save the World.
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jenn » February 12th, 2008, 8:35 pm

Awww, poor guy I certainly hope he finds some better luck ASAP!
Jenn
undecided

Postby gayrghts » February 13th, 2008, 1:56 am

Just Jenn, what happened to you taking him in....

Weren't you going to, i thought you even had transportation lined up...
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby LMM » February 13th, 2008, 8:15 am

Since you are asking that, you are a member of the other forum and you know very well transport was NEVER filled. No one over there would/could help. At any rate, it was halted because Angelo thought he had found a home for Red. That was a few weeks ago and Angelo just called me yesterday at work to tell me the possible adopters fell through and Red still needed a home. If you don't remember the transport was never filled, please go back and refresh your memory. It's easy enough to find.

I now have my foster, so I don't want to overburden myself. I will take Red if it comes down to that though. I don't want him put down. I am just trying to see if there is someone in the area who could help.

Enough information for you? By the way, since your name is different from over there, who are you?

I have to say, I never ran into so much bullshyt just trying to help animals :rolleyes2:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby gayrghts » February 13th, 2008, 10:17 am

On February 13 2008, 7:15 AM, LMM wrote:Since you are asking that, you are a member of the other forum and you know very well transport was NEVER filled. No one over there would/could help. At any rate, it was halted because Angelo thought he had found a home for Red. That was a few weeks ago and Angelo just called me yesterday at work to tell me the possible adopters fell through and Red still needed a home. If you don't remember the transport was never filled, please go back and refresh your memory. It's easy enough to find.

I now have my foster, so I don't want to overburden myself. I will take Red if it comes down to that though. I don't want him put down. I am just trying to see if there is someone in the area who could help.

Enough information for you? By the way, since your name is different from over there, who are you?

I have to say, I never ran into so much bullshyt just trying to help animals :rolleyes2:

Jenn, I pm'd you.... i'm not a member "over there" and was not aware that things fell thru.... i totally understand your frustration, was just aware that you were going to be taking him.... was not updated.... sorry...
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby LMM » February 13th, 2008, 10:48 am

It's ok, I think we have squared this misunderstanding away :mrgreen:

All is well on my end. Well 'cept for finding a good home for gorgeous Mr. Red!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LMM » February 15th, 2008, 12:09 pm

I may have a possible adopter for sweet Red! I know Angelo says he is good with other dogs but he is going by experience with how Red acts, not necessarily because he has seen him in action with other dogs.

Is there anyone near Suffield Animal Shelter who could personally go check Red out?
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Jenny » February 16th, 2008, 6:35 pm

wow he is a handsome guy! I hope he gets a home soon.
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby LMM » March 4th, 2008, 12:25 pm

Just wanted to update yet again on this sweet boy Red.

I had originally held off because Angelo had quite a few inquiries about him. Unfortunately, he called me about 3 weeks ago because those inquiries were all kids interested in Red for all the wrong reasons. Figures right? I felt very obligated to Red at this point, so I told Angelo I would come get him (had a great possible home for him). I had some things going on for a few weekends and since I couldn't get help with transport, I was going to drive to CT to get Red myself. I asked Angelo if he could hold him until this weekend and I would come get him.

Well Angelo just called me (as I was about to call him to set up plans coincidentally!) and said Red found a great home! It's an older couple whose dog had recently passed. They have a farm and lots of room for Red to run and play. Angelo made me feel great, he said I was very instrumental in Red being alive and finding a home. Because I was committed to him, he was able to hold off any "action" concerning Red. That made me feel pretty good. This is what it's all about for me, that they find great homes.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Marinepits » March 4th, 2008, 1:04 pm

Now, THAT is fantastic news!!! :headbanger:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby hey21jude » March 4th, 2008, 2:04 pm

YAY! I'm so happy for Mr. Red!
Save the Pit Bull... Save the World.
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Return to Rescue