PATERSON NJ PIT BOY

Postby Jenny » February 9th, 2008, 12:19 pm

This just in... :x Sounds like a nice boy...I'm overwhelmed with Central NY dogs right now. Anyone in Jersey have a spot? pm me and I will pass the contact info along for Stephanie.

My name is Stephanie , and I found you online after weeks of searching. We have a 1 1/2 year old dog named Buddy. He is a lab/pit mix and is fixed and up to date with all shots. We rescued Buddy from a city street corner when he was just 5 weeks old. He was most definitely going to be used for fighting. Unfortunately, we can no longer keep him, as much as he is a dearly loved part of our family. He has become increasingly protective of me; I am 5 months pregnant and the protectiveness is only increasing as my belly grows. He is a high energy dog and both our vet and trainer have reccommended that we find him a new home before the baby comes. Unfortunately, and it may be due in part to the area which we live (northern NJ, near Paterson), finding a proper environment for our dog is very difficult. We have sent out flyers, he is on Petfinders...we have done everything.

You should understand that giving Buddy up is like giving away a child for us, and the decision is a very difficult one to make, but, we have always kept Buddy's best interests in mind and will always continue to do so. Staying with us in our small house is NOT the best place for Buddy, which is why we are trying so hard and being very descript in where we want to send him. Buddy needs a home where he can run and just 'be a dog'. There are very few, if any, places that exist like that near us. We have been advised that it is not an option to keep Buddy here once the baby comes, and I know for a fact that Buddy will be put down if he goes to a shelter. He doesn't deserve this! He is a good dog, faithful and obedient and beautiful; just very active and protective. He is excellent with other large dogs, and needs a friend to play with all day. In our situation, we cannot provide that for him. As a responsible dog owner, and someone who never dreamed of giving up my pet, my baby, this kills us inside. We know, however, that Buddy demands too much attention to be in our home with a baby. Please help us, you are our last hope. If you can't help us, we have no choice but to bring him to a shelter. I have attached pictures of him for you to review. Thanks so much!

"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenny » February 13th, 2008, 11:53 pm

They found him a home nearby the hubby said.. he had a rescue helping him and is doing a home check and such.. hope it works out.
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Marinepits » February 14th, 2008, 8:04 am

Fingers crossed! :smile:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Rescue