9mos pit in CT brought in to be euthanized-NEEDS HOME NOW

Postby Lovemydogz » February 13th, 2008, 6:42 pm

I know I sound overprotective and annoying but couple more questions..

Are you sure he will never be put down if he goes there? Also, do they neuter right away or wait until someone wants to adopt him? Is it an animal control facility or rescue?
Lovemydogz
Just Whelped

Postby hey21jude » February 13th, 2008, 7:23 pm

I completely understand, and no you are not annoying. I'm sure you have grown attached to this boy in the short time you've known him. It's nice to see that your not going to hand him off to just anyone, and that you have his best interests in mind!

If he comes to stay with us...UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL HE BE PUT DOWN!!! I cannot stress this enough! When we take in a dog, It stays with us until they find a GOOD home. We have even taken in a few highly unadoptable dogs and worked with them to earn their trust. This way they can live out the rest of our lives, safe, happy, and with people they trust and have grown to love.

He will ABSOLUTELY be neutered before he is adopted out. He'll also be seen by our vet(not on the premises, but just a stone's throw away, literally) to make sure he's healthy as well.

No, we are not an animal control facility. We primarily are a boarding facility. The people who own the business bought it to be used as a small rescue too. There is a small building attached to the main one, which is where we house our rescues. We have large runs for them as well as a huge front yard so they can really burn off steam. In our office there is a big "dog couch" and a fireplace...good for snuggles. Also, the manager and weekend kennel hand live on the property so there is always someone around in case of an emergency.
At the moment we have only 3 rescues staying with us. We could fit about 4 more in, but have not filled it(but that's a different story). So there is plenty of room for a "new guy".

I hope this puts your mind at ease a bit. I know finding him a forever home is the best thing for him. I hope this guy turns out to be a good match, but I have to say, I really hope to meet this handsome boy. My boss is more than happy to take him in. He said it himself, "he's just a baby, There's no reason we can't find him a good home." :greenWave:

btw What's his name?
Save the Pit Bull... Save the World.
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby Lovemydogz » February 13th, 2008, 10:03 pm

Thanks so much for your understanding! He was named "Cena" but he is being called "Chance" now-although is isnt quite taking to it yet!

Tell your boss Thank You!! I will keep you posted as I hope we can meet with this guy by Tuesday at the latest...and I will let you know. Thanks again!
Lovemydogz
Just Whelped

Postby hey21jude » February 13th, 2008, 10:12 pm

No problem! Glad to help. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he gets a good home. Keep me posted! :greenWave:
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby Lovemydogz » February 14th, 2008, 4:22 pm

OK. Guess the guy didnt work out with the meeting arrangements. I contacted the tech who has him and she said she is intersted in bringing him to yur facility and she would like him to be somewhere by Monday. She said she could bring him tonight or on Saturday. She did say that she would like to bring him to see where he will be and say goodbye though. Please e-mail me at jessica.corsaletti@sbclgobal.net and I will give you her information to call her and let her know when is good. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again!
Lovemydogz
Just Whelped

Postby hey21jude » February 14th, 2008, 8:20 pm

I just emailed you! :greenWave:
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby Lovemydogz » February 14th, 2008, 9:15 pm

Im such a jerk.......I spelled global wrong which is why I didnt get your e-mail. Try this jessica.corsaletti@sbcglobal.net Could you send it again pleeeeeeeeease!!!!!
Lovemydogz
Just Whelped

Postby hey21jude » February 14th, 2008, 10:49 pm

:backRoll: Yeah i think so...sending again
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby hey21jude » February 15th, 2008, 6:16 pm

Hi! Did you get my e-mail??? I'm anxious to tie up the loose ends with this... :wink:
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby Lovemydogz » February 16th, 2008, 3:07 pm

I am happy to announce that Cena has found a home. He was adopted out Thursday to a couple that owns a floral shop and will be taking him to work with them everyday. He took very well to them and hopefully all works out as it seems it will. I want to THANK EVERYONE who helped me get the word out there to get this little guy out of this crate. Especially a big thanks to Fawn for all her assistance! One down.....a billion more to go!!
Lovemydogz
Just Whelped

Postby mikeV » February 29th, 2008, 3:48 am

On February 16 2008, 2:07 PM, Lovemydogz wrote:I am happy to announce that Cena has found a home. He was adopted out Thursday to a couple that owns a floral shop and will be taking him to work with them everyday. He took very well to them and hopefully all works out as it seems it will. I want to THANK EVERYONE who helped me get the word out there to get this little guy out of this crate. Especially a big thanks to Fawn for all her assistance! One down.....a billion more to go!!

Awesome! :helloClap:
mikeV
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cecollins » March 13th, 2008, 11:06 am

Better late then never post by me.. Good news for this adorable boy!!!
Great work everyone!
Sully's momma!

Miss you, Mick
cecollins
I Love Sully's Butt Curls

Previous

Return to Rescue