Rochester NY (Culver/Bay St)

Postby Jenny » February 2nd, 2008, 1:05 am

Anyone in rescue near that area could take a picture for pet finder and do a "look see" of a reportedly nice older adult (6-7 yr old) Pit Bully for me I am trying help a lady ( I think she is older? I didn't ask) re home or get into foster situation?

Lady emails and asks if I can take her brothers dog..was going to have him euth'd because he had no time for him anymore, chained in yard.. u know..
she said he was so nice but she could not take him she already has two dogs...
I told her I am full and we need people like her to help out ... I am feeding a dozen dogs right now...

so! I hear back from her, she took the dog from her brother and she has him in the house and says he is a good boy, seems to enjoy being there.. needs training and time..
long story short.. she cannot keep him long at this point she says.. he needs vetting... she has a very senior pit (12 yrs old) herself and a DA 2 yr old pit she adopted... hard times, no money..

I wonder does that area fall under the spay and neuter program at Lollipop? or maybe RAS has one? I'm checking..
she said
If I wasn't in financial predicament I'm in, I would keep him.

Maybe if we could point her in the direction for some help with him she will keep him? I kinda like the lady just from email.. she says her brother tried to send a big bag of Dad's dog food and she didn't take it...
but I won't use that stuff for fertilizer let alone to feed a dog

she feeds Nutro Natural Choice Venison.

anyhow, is there anyone near that area could check him out? I won't be able to get out that way for a while, we are down to one car and no dog sitter atm.
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby maberi » February 2nd, 2008, 10:27 am

Hi Jenny,

I live in Irondequoit, NY and this is about a 10 minute drive for me. I could certainly make it over there this weekend to grab some pics and check out the dog and owner. Shoot me a PM with some details.

I'm on my way out of the house now for an obedience class with Earl and then am going to put in some training for tracking but will be back this afternoon.

Matt
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Jenny » February 2nd, 2008, 11:21 am

KK ! thank you! waiting on her reply for the street address and phone and I will PM to you..
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby maberi » February 2nd, 2008, 5:38 pm

I stopped by to see Mango and snapped a few pics

Jenny I will IM you to get your e-mail so I can send you the originals as well as some info on how the home visit went. He seemed to be an older guy but looked to be in good shape

maberi

Postby Jenny » February 2nd, 2008, 6:10 pm

wow what a nice looking boy! good pictures :P

Mango looks like a sleepy laid back guy...

Thank you so much Matt for going over.
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenny » February 2nd, 2008, 6:17 pm

Matt, pm'd you my email addy
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 2nd, 2008, 7:10 pm

I love Mango's coat coloring.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenny » February 2nd, 2008, 7:55 pm

me too, I love the brindles
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby gayrghts » February 3rd, 2008, 12:39 am

On February 02 2008, 5:10 PM, Jenny wrote:wow what a nice looking boy! good pictures :P

His tail was WAY tucked... was he scared, or cold or?
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby maberi » February 3rd, 2008, 10:16 am

On February 02 2008, gayrghts wrote:
On February 02 2008, 5:10 PM, Jenny wrote:wow what a nice looking boy! good pictures :P

His tail was WAY tucked... was he scared, or cold or?

Good catch

He wasn't very comfortable with me there. My guess is that he has lived a sheltered life and has very little socialization
maberi

Postby iluvk9 » February 3rd, 2008, 10:19 am

On February 03 2008, maberi wrote: My guess is that he has lived a sheltered life and has very little socialization

Ugghh....that just breaks my heart. I hope when potential adopters see him, they overlook that and he perks up for them.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby maberi » February 3rd, 2008, 10:27 am

The good news is he does very well with the current woman he is living with and also does GREAT with her two other dogs. One of which is a very good looking black Lab Joyce :wink:

On February 03 2008, iluvk9 wrote:
On February 03 2008, maberi wrote: My guess is that he has lived a sheltered life and has very little socialization

Ugghh....that just breaks my heart. I hope when potential adopters see him, they overlook that and he perks up for them.
maberi

Postby iluvk9 » February 3rd, 2008, 10:29 am

On February 03 2008, maberi wrote:The good news is he does very well with the current woman he is living with and also does GREAT with her two other dogs. One of which is a very good looking black Lab Joyce :wink:

I am glad to hear that! And if you were my husband, Matt, we would have EVERY good looking Lab in NY living with us. :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby maberi » February 3rd, 2008, 10:30 am

:clap:

On February 03 2008, iluvk9 wrote:
On February 03 2008, maberi wrote:The good news is he does very well with the current woman he is living with and also does GREAT with her two other dogs. One of which is a very good looking black Lab Joyce :wink:

I am glad to hear that! And if you were my husband, Matt, we would have EVERY good looking Lab in NY living with us. :giggle:
maberi

Postby iluvk9 » February 3rd, 2008, 10:32 am

And we could go to Home Depot..... often.:mrgreen:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby DropkickPA » February 3rd, 2008, 4:03 pm

Wow, he is VERY striking!!
Dropkick, Dropkid, and Agatha, of course!!
DropkickPA
Confident Young Bully

Postby Marinepits » February 3rd, 2008, 8:12 pm

On Sun, Feb 03 2008, 9:32 AM, iluvk9 wrote:And we could go to Home Depot..... often.:mrgreen:

JOYCE! :shock:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenny » February 4th, 2008, 1:45 pm

ohhh ya I see the tail... and he is not taking his eyes off the camera.. very serious ... poo!

Matt said Mango was not thrilled to meet him.. I was so hoping he would be a easy one to help out..

I just talked with the sister, Rose, who took him in...I am flipping out.
She said her "other brother" (53 yrs old) who lives at home with momma..
came and TOOK Mango yesterday against Roses will .. she said the brother would get physical with her if she crossed him...so she let the brother take him to avoid confrontation... so off he went with Mango.
I told she should have just told him to get the heck out and call the police if got "physical" my god I'm so sick of people.

She said the brother took Mango to a "pallet repair shop" and thats Mango's new home?????? :explode: she does not know where the pallet repair shop is...

I told her they are just setting that dog up to bite someone! especially if he has only been on a chain in the yard and kept in the basement all the time in the home he came from from the original brother!

Mango has no current shots...no license of course.. and is not fixed..
freaking dang it!!!!!

I am just sick ..
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenny » February 4th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Rose told me she did have some women friends come over and Mango was a good boy and was not defensive with them.. so thats a plus.. I hope she can get him back from the darn brother.. his momma said he cannot have a dog at her house I suppose thats why he is taking him to the Pallet shop.. she had agreed to keep him if we could help her out with some things for him until she found a new job..

I could just throwup...
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 4th, 2008, 4:23 pm

Yikes.....I hope Mango is okay. I can understand why you are sick to your stomach.

Are you going to continue to be in contact with whoever has Mango? Maybe you can offer suggestions on simple care?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Next

Return to Rescue