Clackamas Shelter 2

Postby airwalk » January 23rd, 2008, 7:06 pm

Oh a couple I didn't get in

Buttercup - 12-14 weeks old female

Moses - 10-12 week old male

4 month old Lab/Rotti/Aussie/Keeshound - next 4 pictures

anyone for Sharpei / Pointer mix puppies??

and that's just the adoptable group...there's more that are still in stray holding..YIPPEE (I'm just kidding you guys know that right?)
airwalk
I live here

Postby Jenn » January 23rd, 2008, 8:46 pm

What cute little ones, they all look like they are gonna be big dogs.
Jenn
undecided

Postby madremissy » January 23rd, 2008, 8:53 pm

OMG If I had the resources, I would be on a plane right now and scoop up Buttercup. :love:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby iluvk9 » January 24th, 2008, 7:17 am

Okay. Stick #1, 2, 3 and 4 in a large box and send them to me. :greenWave:

Out of curiosity, how is your general adoption rate? How long do most dogs stay with you?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby msvette2u » January 24th, 2008, 12:05 pm

Buttercup can come here :)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby airwalk » January 24th, 2008, 12:34 pm

Actually, I shouldn't have any trouble placing Buttercup she's a cutie, even if a naughty puppy.

Our adoption fees are very low. Dog under 6 $55.00, dog 6 and over $35. If they leave on a sterilization contract $60.00 refundable deposit. If we sterilize we keep the $60.00. If we get the dog a rabies $15.00 and then you pay for a license if you live in our County.

How long depends on a lot of factors. How many dogs come in (we got 14 in on Tuesday - 10 more on Wednesday, I have my fingers crossed today for 0). We only have 32 runs, so we are small but creative!!

It depends on health, age, temperament, ability to move to other shelters, rescues, fosters (our foster program is teeny - hoping with the addition of a Shelter Supervisor that is a program that can grow)

Some dogs have been with us for 8-12 weeks some just for the stray holding period of 7 days.

Those little shep mix pups, I felt so sorry for. The owner (read that word dripping with sarcasm please) surrendered them - he had gotten rid of one litter and most of this litter - these were what was left and he couldn't keep them and if we didn't take them - he would dump them.... :x ...totally unsocialized - sweet as can be, wants to just cuddle and crawl in your pocket, never worn a collar and the leash...well let's just say we are doing a lot of leash training.
airwalk
I live here

Postby msvette2u » January 24th, 2008, 12:40 pm

Yeah...I know, those pups are so sad.
Well, if Buttercup becomes urgent, let's say!!! ;)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby mistee06 » January 24th, 2008, 3:00 pm

okay that first pointer/ sharpei pup sucked me in... that face is just so squishy looking
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Rescue