WARNING...

Postby Moe » January 19th, 2008, 3:01 pm

So I got contacted by someone in NY to adopted Mona/Emma my foster...They seemed perfect, did all the stuff needed, and no problems..This woman told me first that she was coming with her boyfriend to get Emma, she did not, then when he got here, he did not want Emma, but I was told in an email "That he got mystee eyed over getting her, because he was sooo in love with her" Note they have 4 kids at home and a cat (they did not mention the cat and neither did the vet) the cat I find out was viciously attacked by GSD, while he was down here she called me as I was leading him back to PAWS to look at other dogs (he got lost) and I told her, you didn't mention you had a cat, let alone one that was attacked and almost killed by a dog :shock: ...She stumbled over her words and stated the cat was a rescue..sure.. >(

Well once we got back to PAWS he was looking at different dogs and settled on a dog that was not suitable for his family, I told him this, this dog needed alot of work, and I knew they would not work with the dog..After looking at about the 4th dog, I was getting a bit fed up, knowing I did not want to adopt a dog to this family...He didn't care..he was looking for a status, not a home pet...The day before when talking to (who I thought was his wife) told her what all they needed to bring with them to adopt...Now you thing driving all the way from Hudson NY you would have everything you need, right? Nope, he drove all the way with NO DRIVERS LICENSE! :? Wondered if he even had one...told him, I told your wife what you guys needed, I am sorry you can not take a dog home (breathing a sigh of relief) after all said and done he kept coming back into the shelter and asking stupid questions, like if my gf says its ok can I sign her name, or can I get someone to fax a copy of my license...at this point he was NOT getting a dog..I told him, sorry man, you are crap outta luck, you drove all the way down here for nothing...Here's the kicker...and it hit me when I was there..he was dead set on getting Emma, sure I would drive outta state for a dog that I fell in love with, but he rifled through 7 other dogs, choosing them for how they looked...What hit me is I know there are SEVERAL URGENT dogs in NY state, why come here, maybe because he could not adopt in NY :? :x ...I am sending out this as a warning..the woman who calls about a dog talks a good game..and probably has friends "posing" as a vet...I promptly updated Emma's petfinder to local adoptions only so that I can do home checks (even though I do have this on there)...It was just too shady for me, and he did not go home with a dog...Emma came home, and most likely will be here forever, because anyone who wants to adopt her will have to jump through hoops...They are from Hudson NY, I do not want to post names..but will if needed...they have 4 kids...
You laugh because I'm different...........
I laugh cause I just farted!
Moe
The Dog Whisperererer

Postby LaylaWoobie » January 19th, 2008, 3:16 pm

that is horrible! we had a problem similar to that in Rochester...we have a big dogfighting problem (of course with pits)...and people would use stories about wanting to get a dog for their mother or grandmother who had a dog that just died and they wanted to get them another dog. it was clear they wanted a dog for fighting. we also had a similar situation with people buying high quality kittens to use as snake food...they would only buy kittens raised well because they knew they were well taken care of and would be "good nutrition" for their snakes.

glad you noticed and kept her safe!
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby madremissy » January 19th, 2008, 3:19 pm

:shock: glad you didn't let her go. I now know it is not what a dog looks like to appreciate these babies. I don't think these people are willing to have a change of mind like I did. I am glad I now have been educated.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby demolitionic » January 19th, 2008, 8:03 pm

What awful people! I am glad that you were able to keep him from adopting a dog. Even if they weren't dogfighters, they obviously weren't responsible people, and those are the last ones we need with dogs, much less pits.

Three cheers for you!

On the other hand, my grandmother actually did have to put down her dog last year, (who was originally my dad's dog, but my father passed away), and when she retires this year, she would like to get another dog. She prefers a pit, because that's what my dad's dog was. Course, she really is an 86 year old lady with vet references.

It makes me incredibly sad that someone would use those stories. :cry:
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » January 20th, 2008, 11:12 am

Oh God...Hudson, NY is the armpit of america! Want me to go do a home visit for you so I can verify that they live in crack-ville?
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby Moe » January 20th, 2008, 2:44 pm

On January 20 2008, 10:12 AM, Wyldmoonwoman wrote:Oh God...Hudson, NY is the armpit of america! Want me to go do a home visit for you so I can verify that they live in crack-ville?

They never got Emma or any dog for that matter...And I redid her pet finder to LOCAL people only so I can follow through with a home visit...I didn't know anything about where they lived...but I know he was stoned when he got here :x
Moe
The Dog Whisperererer

Postby Moe » January 22nd, 2008, 5:00 pm

Update

Apparently they were mass emailing other foster parents with PAWS dogs, giving them the same crap-o lines they gave me...I really am wondering about these people now :neutral: They emailed like 6 other people with fosters, telling them how much they where in-love with the dog...I think they where phishing for a fighter? I don't know...but from hearing that the neighborhood is crack-ville, I wouldn't be surprised...because all the fosters they contacted had pits...ugh I really hate people sometimes!
Moe
The Dog Whisperererer

Return to Rescue