A Great White (deaf) Angel!

Postby GreddyGirl » January 3rd, 2008, 11:13 am

Meet AFTU's King . . .

King is an intelligent deaf dog who knows several ASL and Universal hand commands. He is playful, loving and very well socialized with other dogs. King is being fostered in a family environment with another dog and young child. He adjusted quickly and his foster Dad raves about how smart and entertaining he his. King is a pure white dog and requires limited time in the sun to prevent sunburn. King may be adopted within Ontario as he is a legally "grandfathered" pit bull or outside of the province as well.

King's foster family just adores him and gives regular updates of his deepening bond with the family. Within days King made an effort to communicate things like when he needed a bathroom break. He would stand at the door, go nudge his foster Dad in the leg, look at him and go back to the door! Also, how he brings his food bowl into the living room at meal times so he can eat with them! How he goes and brings his little foster (human) brothers' toys to his foster Dad for attention and laughs but doesn't destroy them . . . even our rescue vet was impressed with this gentle giant's disposition.

Don't let the fact that he is deaf deter King from your consideration. While it takes bit of learning (more from your part - King knows his commands and how to communicate!), the rewards are infinite and the bond and trust formed that much greater . . .

King is crate trained and well behaved in the home. King is neutered and up to date on all shots. If you are interest in adopting King you must be at least 23 years of age, have good knowledge of BSL and a FENCED YARD is a MUST for this happy and jumpy boy!

At the risk of sounding cheesy, you know those "quiet moments" in life? The times with good friends where you know what each other is thinking, or that understanding you have without saying a word . . .well, all of the above applies to a life shared with this Great White Angel!
GreddyGirl
Confident Young Bully

Postby msvette2u » January 3rd, 2008, 11:45 am

He is very handsome!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby luvmypitties » January 3rd, 2008, 12:01 pm

He is a very good looking guy! I hope he finds a home soon!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby maberi » January 3rd, 2008, 3:14 pm

What a beauty

I look forward to adopting a deaf dog one day.
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Jenn » January 3rd, 2008, 3:16 pm

very handsome
Jenn
undecided

Return to Rescue