Urgent-Red Female Pit Bull needs help-Laurel, MD!

Postby TheRedQueen » December 20th, 2007, 6:44 pm

I got a call from a Vet Tech in a nearby vet clinic who got my name through a friend.

A red female 2-3 y.o. pit bull came into their clinic from Animal Control...with a broken leg. The vet wanted to euthanize immediately. The tech convinced him to give her some time, as she's very sweet. She has until tomorrow morning. She has a person who is willing to pay for the surgery, but no where for her to go.

I can't take her in...and I don't know anyone who can. Is anyone in a position to help?

Here are the contact numbers for this vet tech-Kelly
Work-301-631-6900
Cell-443-668-7873

She's located in Laurel, MD...between Baltimore and Wash. DC.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Marinepits » December 20th, 2007, 6:51 pm

Oh, no! I hope someone can help her.....
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby gayrghts » December 20th, 2007, 9:53 pm

I stuck it out on a pit bull rescue email list as foster or adopt....

and the info
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby luvmypitties » December 24th, 2007, 1:42 am

Any update on her?
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby TheRedQueen » January 1st, 2008, 1:55 am

I've been offline for the holidays...but I never got any update from the girl who initially called me. Guess since I couldn't offer any help right away, I got left out of the loop. :| I hope all went well, and they found someone to help.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby gayrghts » January 1st, 2008, 2:02 am

On January 01 2008, 12:55 AM, TheRedQueen wrote:I've been offline for the holidays...but I never got any update from the girl who initially called me. Guess since I couldn't offer any help right away, I got left out of the loop. :| I hope all went well, and they found someone to help.

I hope so also... I know that i got a response from the founder of http://www.outofthepits.org who wanted to know what the outcome was....

I'll have her try to contact the girl on the original post.
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby TheRedQueen » January 5th, 2008, 12:53 am

Update...the pit bull girl has had her surgery...and is doing well (some well-wisher from the vet clinic paid for it). I don't know if she has a home or a rescue to take her in yet...

TheRedQueen

Return to Rescue