Georgie, Am.Bull.

Postby mistee06 » December 13th, 2007, 12:34 pm

Georgie is a 1 1/2 year old Reg. American Bulldog (w/o papers but I have personally seen them back in May). She was the runt of the litter, barely surviving being born. She now weighs approx. 40lbs. She originally came as a transfer from another shelter, who got her as a stray but then got an email from her owners explaining that they wanted to get rid of her anyways...blah blah blah...
Georgie was rehomed here in Dawson with another AB female pup who is now all grown up and is not altered and kind of aggressive. The dogs began to fight. So naturally.... you get rid of the one that didnt cost you as much!
Sadly Georgie was from the shelter, so she definately didnt cost as much as their precious breeder's pup...so they returned her two days ago.
Georgie has always been timid, and it is evident that her "owners" did not work on her timidness because she is almost worse then she was when adopted to them in may. Although, she certainly comes out of her shell with the help of treats (ESPECIALLY mcdonald's french fries!!!). After spending the whole afternoon being the office dog, I saw the most wonderful side of Georgie. She is sweet and loves to goof around and likes to talk. She awoos when your not paying attention to her and loves to "hide" her bone by pushing her blankie over top of it, which is the cutest thing i've ever seen. Georgie loves to go on walks, so much that she forgets her manners at first. But she does walk okay on a leash, with reminders. She loves to pull and looking at her when she does so, she'd probably make a great weight pull dog (For fun of course!). Georgie knows basic commands.She has been assessed and scored high for human aggression, simply because of her fearfulness. She showed no actual aggression through out the whole test.

Anyways...with out further ado...Here she is!!!
Oh and she also comes to the name Shasta(the name she originally had) and Piggie (a nick name she originally had LOL).

I know everyone is in love right LOL...
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » December 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm

She is a gorgeous girl!!! :)

She has been assessed and scored high for human aggression, simply because of her fearfulness.

Has she ever bitten anyone? Or attempted to?
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby mistee06 » December 13th, 2007, 12:51 pm

Nope! you touch her and she rolls onto her back showing you her belly... Our assessment is not that good...
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » December 13th, 2007, 12:56 pm

On December 13 2007, 11:51 AM, mistee06 wrote:Nope! you touch her and she rolls onto her back showing you her belly... Our assessment is not that good...

How sad... that's probably going to make it so much harder to adopt her out... :(
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby mistee06 » December 13th, 2007, 11:32 pm

She's compeletly come out of her shell with me.. She would make the worlds most perfect flying disc dog!! She loves to jump at toys while their being throw for her. She knows sit, speak, drop it and brings the toy back to you (well with in 5 ft of ya) when its thrown for you. Whoever I adopt this dog to will get a loving companion!!
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » December 13th, 2007, 11:59 pm

Oh... you are in charge of adopting her out??? Then she's a lucky girl... :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby mistee06 » December 14th, 2007, 12:34 am

well....basically am... my boss technically is in charge.... but she's my special dog LOL so I get to look over anyone and anything that applies for her LOL ... most bully type dogs I'm in charge of!!
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mistee06 » January 4th, 2008, 9:06 pm

Bad News: Georgie has a massive abcess on the side of her mouth from a dog bite (from previous owners) and we had to open it up and so she has stitches ... everything should be okay... but the poor girl is spending the night at my house (and possibly a bit longer)... she is being annoyed by Buddy right now... I thought nothing could get worse then one dog crated... I WAS WRONG!! LOL...

GOOD NEWS: There is a really good sounding family interested in her!! They already have a male am bull. and are totally prepared to crate and rotate if a problem arises. Although we have seen no aggression out of her!! We have done multiple possession tests with both people and dogs and the ONLY thing she decided was hers was a bone, which most dogs do!!

She even has gone on walks with highly dominant females and was a little angel!!

I will post pictures later!!!
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » January 4th, 2008, 9:34 pm

Well, your bad news is really "not so bad news" because she is at your house and you are a nice person. :)

The good news is just excellent!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » January 4th, 2008, 9:34 pm

Oh, yikes! My heart dropped when I read "bad news". Glad to hear it's nothing major. :)

I hope it all works out with the prospective family.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby luvmypitties » January 5th, 2008, 12:53 am

Fingers and paws are crossed here that her home is a go!!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby mistee06 » January 5th, 2008, 1:54 pm

here are the pictures of the pretty (but whiney) little girl!!!!

**A Teensy Graphic**
Before the abcess drain was put in!!
Andddd after!!
me cleaning it with a warm facecloth...(dont mind me... im in my pjs and look horrid)
still a cuddly girl in all her pain...
close up of her face

instead of getting up and walking to the crate...she dragged herself... making horrid noises... I'm pretty sure it is all for treats.... but who knows LOL (Oh and Buddy in his own crate LOL....not impressed with this new found love..thats getting more attention then he is)
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » January 5th, 2008, 1:56 pm

She is so tiny! :heartbeat: You are truly her Angel.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mistee06 » January 5th, 2008, 2:06 pm

yea I think she weighed something like 43lbs at the vet yesterday...she was the runt of her litter and never grew!!
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » January 5th, 2008, 2:07 pm

Um...is this a possible "failed foster situation"? :greenWave:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mistee06 » January 5th, 2008, 2:09 pm

LOL... well I guess you never know... I do LOVE her alot... but the home that is applying for her seems pretty awesome...
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mistee06 » January 16th, 2008, 12:33 am

my little georgie porgie made her way to Delta on sunday to meet her new family!! anddd... everything wenttt GREAT!! She loves their other dog... and I'm so happy...the townhouse does feel kind of empty with out her... but I have a feeling it wont be for long!! I'm sure we'll get another dog in that needs short term fostering at some point!!!
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » January 16th, 2008, 1:55 am

That is almost the exact surgery that Oscar had, his abscess was from the inside out instead of the outside in though (to the tune of $700 :shock: )
Glad to hear that she is feeling better and has a new home! :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SisMorphine » January 16th, 2008, 7:36 am

Though I'm glad to hear she's found a loving home I was kind of wishing you would succumb to the bulldog love and keep her :greenWave:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Marinepits » January 16th, 2008, 8:42 am

Congratulations, Mistee! :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Next

Return to Rescue