Thrown out on his ear - A little Graphic

Postby msvette2u » December 17th, 2007, 11:11 am

On December 17 2007, iluvk9 wrote:Mallika, I am SURE you have an accent, too!!! 8)

I don't, living on Long Island and all. :dance:

Yvette- do you think someone will come forward with leads on who did this? I mean someone must recognize the puppy or have a littermate.

I am hoping!!
We made the KNDU news in Portland/Vancouver last night...amazing...
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » December 17th, 2007, 11:46 am

Awesome job!!!
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby TheRedQueen » December 17th, 2007, 1:05 pm

Yea!

Wow...from the side he looks like a very nicely bred Aussie too. Do you mind if I post his pics on some Aussie boards? I'm just wondering if anyone that breeds in your area might know where he came from...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby monkeymind » December 17th, 2007, 1:16 pm

That's just sick...I hope karma comes to this criminal on swift wings.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.
monkeymind
Just Whelped

Postby pocketpit » December 17th, 2007, 7:08 pm

You know I hate to rain on anyone's parade but has anyone stopped to think that perhaps the puppy ate the rat bait without the previous owners knowing about it. It is after all a puppy and we all know how mischievous they can be. We see dogs in work all the time where the owner swears they could not have gotten into anything yet it's obvious they did. We see pot toxicity, mushrooms (the kind in your yard), compost, rat bait, human medicine, chocolate, slug bait, etc. Many owners are completely clueless that their pet would even think about eating stuff like that.
Obviously whomever had this pup before was a total jerk for tossing him out the way they did. Could they have purposely fed him the stuff, yes but I wonder if it isn't more likely that he got into it on accident.
I'm glad that you were there to take this poor little guy in (he's totally cute!) and provide a means to a better life for him. Thank you for that!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby airwalk » December 17th, 2007, 7:44 pm

On December 17 2007, 6:08 PM, pocketpit wrote:You know I hate to rain on anyone's parade but has anyone stopped to think that perhaps the puppy ate the rat bait without the previous owners knowing about it. It is after all a puppy and we all know how mischievous they can be. We see dogs in work all the time where the owner swears they could not have gotten into anything yet it's obvious they did. We see pot toxicity, mushrooms (the kind in your yard), compost, rat bait, human medicine, chocolate, slug bait, etc. Many owners are completely clueless that their pet would even think about eating stuff like that.
Obviously whomever had this pup before was a total jerk for tossing him out the way they did. Could they have purposely fed him the stuff, yes but I wonder if it isn't more likely that he got into it on accident.
I'm glad that you were there to take this poor little guy in (he's totally cute!) and provide a means to a better life for him. Thank you for that!

Thanks Pockepit..I was wondering the same thing. I know with the stuff we all see, it's easy to jump to some pretty nasty conclusions...but sometimes dogs eat things they aren't suppose to and while yes it's possible it was intentional...isn't it also possible that the pup was a pup and got into something?
airwalk
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » December 17th, 2007, 8:01 pm

On December 17 2007, airwalk wrote:
On December 17 2007, 6:08 PM, pocketpit wrote:You know I hate to rain on anyone's parade but has anyone stopped to think that perhaps the puppy ate the rat bait without the previous owners knowing about it. It is after all a puppy and we all know how mischievous they can be. We see dogs in work all the time where the owner swears they could not have gotten into anything yet it's obvious they did. We see pot toxicity, mushrooms (the kind in your yard), compost, rat bait, human medicine, chocolate, slug bait, etc. Many owners are completely clueless that their pet would even think about eating stuff like that.

Thanks Pockepit..I was wondering the same thing. I know with the stuff we all see, it's easy to jump to some pretty nasty conclusions...but sometimes dogs eat things they aren't suppose to and while yes it's possible it was intentional...isn't it also possible that the pup was a pup and got into something?

Wow...second time today I didn't think out of the box until it was pointed out.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby airwalk » December 17th, 2007, 8:28 pm

WooHoo I caused Joyce to think outside of the box...Joyce I thought you always thought outside the box....(I'm being nice btw)
airwalk
I live here

Postby msvette2u » December 17th, 2007, 9:22 pm

Oh yeah that was my first thought. Oh he accidently ate it.
The guy from the city pointed out that if someone went to all the trouble to tie him in a plastic bag and fling him out on a fairly deserted road, it wasn't a stretch of the imagination that they may have fed him the poison too.
And in fact, it doesn't act immediately - so they might have fed it to him hoping he'd die, and a few days later, he was still alive - so they took him for the drive :evil: If that's what happened, they did not understand how the poison worked (highly likely since we've had a number of people kill themselves lately by bringing generators into their houses to run space heaters!!!)
Either way, he's on the mend ;)
And on the major news channel, KOMO in Seattle now, too!!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » December 18th, 2007, 7:28 am

On December 17 2007, airwalk wrote:WooHoo I caused Joyce to think outside of the box...Joyce I thought you always thought outside the box....(I'm being nice btw)

Not if it has HOME DEPOT written on the side of it....then I lose all perspective.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby monkeymind » December 18th, 2007, 9:14 am

Even if he accidentally ingested poison, he was still thrown from a moving car. That is abuse, plain and simple.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.
monkeymind
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » December 18th, 2007, 9:32 am

Oh, absolutely. I don't think anyone here will dispute that. :)
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby msvette2u » December 18th, 2007, 11:29 am

On December 18 2007, monkeymind wrote:Even if he accidentally ingested poison, he was still thrown from a moving car. That is abuse, plain and simple.

What I'm GUESSING and of course cannot prove without someone stepping forward - is that they gave him the stuff, and when he didn't die (it takes a few days to show symptoms) they took him for a "drive" in the country :evil:

Now I have about 25 adoption queries, many of whom have not completed an application, so that'll help weed through them.
He was on the news in Seattle last night, and Vancouver, WA/Portland, OR, yesterday.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby monkeymind » December 18th, 2007, 12:07 pm

I hope he winds up in the home he deserves. I admire you for what you do. Keep up the good work!
monkeymind
Just Whelped

Postby jmashaney » December 20th, 2007, 4:02 pm

Are you SURE you can't send him to Texas? :D
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby msvette2u » December 20th, 2007, 4:22 pm

Hey...send me a nice big box and I'll stuff him in it ;)
msvette2u
I live here

Postby jmashaney » December 25th, 2007, 12:56 am

I just MIGHT. I saw the Secret Santa photos of him. He would be SO happy snuggled up with me on my new comforter!

Paul is making faces at me now.
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby msvette2u » December 25th, 2007, 1:04 am

lol
msvette2u
I live here

Postby msvette2u » January 7th, 2008, 1:41 am

Laddie got adopted!!!! His story will be on http://www.keprtv.com but in the meantime - his last day with us...

His damaged ear - I don't know yet what they'll run on the air but part of his ear actually fell OFF - it was damaged from the compression we had to use to stop the bleeding, and I mentioned it to the adopters and the news gal asked me about it after they left...!!! Anyway the vet trimmed off the jagged edge of the part that was left, so it's "neater" looking!

And YES he is as soft as he looks!
msvette2u
I live here

Postby luvmypitties » January 7th, 2008, 1:42 am

Wow look how much he has grown! He looks like a happy boy! Congrats on the adoption!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue