Will be available soon (6 weeks)

Postby Violet » March 20th, 2006, 6:00 pm

I am pleased to introduce Haley. This dog came to me, late at night, in the midst of giving birth. She was scared and confused but from minute one..she was incredibly sweet and trusting. Right now she is raising a litter of ten pups (would have been 12 if she had not been owned by an asshole who drowned the first two..and planned to drown them all had his SIL not stopped him and contacted rescues) and doing a fine job. We are working hard on keeping the weight on her. Poor haley was just FULL of worms so I wormed and vaccinated her almost immediately. Haley is about 3 years old. Haley knows sit, down, heel, stay, and her favorites..let's go for a walk or let's go for a ride. She is a happy, incredibly loving dog despite all the turmoil her life has given her. She settled in here within two days and was completely relaxed. She is terrified of cats and so far ok with other dogs though her interactions are obviously very limited. She even ignores my parrots.She will be spayed in six weeks (once her pups are weaned) She is a pointer/pit mix. Not a mix I ever would have though could produce such a lovely dog. And here she is...
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby luvmyangels » March 20th, 2006, 6:35 pm

She is beautiful!! I wish you the best of luck in finding her a forever home.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby pLaurent » March 20th, 2006, 10:42 pm

Oh what a beautiful, sweet faced girl! Thank you SO much for saving her.

Where are the puppy pics??
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » March 20th, 2006, 10:45 pm

pLaurent wrote:Oh what a beautiful, sweet faced girl! Thank you SO much for saving her.

Where are the puppy pics??

Ditto! ;)

Best of luck on finding her forever home!
Jenn
undecided

Postby Favorite Kitty » March 21st, 2006, 9:39 am

Look at how she looks at you :) She is such a striking dog and I hope someone wants to take her home soon.

A question for you ~ have you found that dogs who are afraid of cats will always stay away from them, or does that fear sometimes turn into aggression towards cats? I have fostered many dogs and, weirdly, they have either loved kitties or they wanted to chase and chomp on them. I have never had one afraid. So, I have always wondered what to think if someone did come here and was afraid of my kitties. Thanks!
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby Violet » March 23rd, 2006, 1:04 pm

In my experience..she will probably always have a healthy respect for cat claws. She keeps her face turned far, far away from those claws. While I am bumping with puppy pictures..I have to talk about haley just a little more. This has to be the sweetest dog ever. She has a sibmissive temperament towards humans but not cowering. She will do anything to please you. She loves going for rides ALOT! Jogging partner? Hang out buddy? She is quite possibly the perfect dog. As for puppies...are you SURE you want to see them? silly question huh?
ok then..

Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 23rd, 2006, 1:45 pm

Oh my!!! They are CUTE!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Violet » March 23rd, 2006, 1:46 pm

Fortunately for them..they are just mutts. With Mom being no more than half pit and Dad not being a pit at all...they are just mutt puppies. No breed prejudice will ever effect them.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby pitmom2104 » March 23rd, 2006, 1:52 pm

oh they are too cute!!
pitmom2104
Just Whelped

Postby Jesseca » March 23rd, 2006, 2:14 pm

Violet wrote:Fortunately for them..they are just mutts. With Mom being no more than half pit and Dad not being a pit at all...they are just mutt puppies. No breed prejudice will ever effect them.

How do we know dad's not pitbull or at least a mix?
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Violet » March 23rd, 2006, 4:35 pm

The only dog that was around that could have been the father was a black labbish type long haired dog. The pupps are starting to get fluffy as well. I got this info from the SIL and I have no reason to think she mislead. The pups look like lab puppies. To their owners I am mentioning the mix of pit. But on their paperwork they will be lab pointer mixes.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Jesseca » March 23rd, 2006, 6:30 pm

Hmmm, I don't know if I could do that. People need to know what they have, otherwise it's just not right. I know you say you are telling them but we all know people only here what they want to. 6 months down the road, when these pups aren't so cute and they start to develop maybe dog aggression or what not, then what? :|
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Violet » March 23rd, 2006, 6:48 pm

you see Mom..do you think there is any denying pit mix in her? Not sure you could do what? I guess im not understanding the problem with them not being listed on paperwork as pit mixes.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby pocketpit » March 23rd, 2006, 7:08 pm

Personally if the mom didn't have brindle in her coloring I wouldn't see any Pit in her at all so I don't see what the problem is with Violet calling them Lab or Ret/Pointer crosses. I'm sure that's what they'll look like.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Jesseca » March 23rd, 2006, 7:13 pm

ok, it's your call, I'm just asking
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Violet » March 23rd, 2006, 7:23 pm

pocketpit wrote:Personally if the mom didn't have brindle in her coloring I wouldn't see any Pit in her at all so I don't see what the problem is with Violet calling them Lab or Ret/Pointer crosses. I'm sure that's what they'll look like.

yeah her body profile is VERY pointer. And her temperament, while incredibly sweet..isn't your typical bully temperament. Zero dog aggro or prey drive. She is a good girl.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » March 23rd, 2006, 7:45 pm

And it will benefit the adopters to have them listed otherwise, what if BSL shows up where they live??
regardless of their mix, there are just as many Golden Retrievers with just as much prey drive as a dog who is 1/4 Pit, maybe less. A 9 year old Golden Attacked my dog and left scars on his ear, it may have been that my dog was a rambuncious player, but a week or 2 later the Golden then turned on the submissive JRT that was also in our Training class, they had initially been friends.
I know that I/We have to be extra cautious with our Pits because of public perception, but its not as if the other "non-bully" breeds are exempt from aggression. If they were, then my Pit Bull might not be dog-reactive today, in fact, of the dogs who have picked on Oscar, not one of them has been a Pit.

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Jesseca » March 23rd, 2006, 7:54 pm

Malli wrote:And it will benefit the adopters to have them listed otherwise, what if BSL shows up where they live??
regardless of their mix, there are just as many Golden Retrievers with just as much prey drive as a dog who is 1/4 Pit, maybe less. A 9 year old Golden Attacked my dog and left scars on his ear, it may have been that my dog was a rambuncious player, but a week or 2 later the Golden then turned on the submissive JRT that was also in our Training class, they had initially been friends.
I know that I/We have to be extra cautious with our Pits because of public perception, but its not as if the other "non-bully" breeds are exempt from aggression. If they were, then my Pit Bull might not be dog-reactive today, in fact, of the dogs who have picked on Oscar, not one of them has been a Pit.

Malli

I totally agree with you on that, I just worry when people adopt dogs that they are prepared for, that's all
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Malli » March 23rd, 2006, 7:56 pm

I don't think Violet had any intentions of leaving them unprepared, she would do anything BUT ;)

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Violet » March 23rd, 2006, 8:29 pm

I am alot more likely to talk people out of adopting a dog at all before I would send them on their way without enough info. I have been doing this for a year..er..decade or two.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Next

Return to Rescue