501(c)(3) Help

Postby Marinepits » October 27th, 2007, 4:49 pm

http://www.stayexempt.org/

Obtaining and maintaining 501(c)(3) tax exempt status is crucial to the success of many organizations. This online training provides the tools and knowledge to help you keep your organization’s exempt status intact. It consists of five interactive courses, which you can take individually and in any order.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby loverundercover » November 24th, 2007, 1:52 pm

Could you tell me, if you know, if I need to obtain a license to sell my puppies? I have my first litter in a matter of weeks (2 weeks tops, and I don't know if it's illegal to sell them).
loverundercover
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » November 24th, 2007, 3:52 pm

On November 24 2007, 12:52 PM, loverundercover wrote:Could you tell me, if you know, if I need to obtain a license to sell my puppies? I have my first litter in a matter of weeks (2 weeks tops, and I don't know if it's illegal to sell them).

Truth is, you have nothing to charge for. These puppies do not have papers, the parents haven't earned conformation, obedience, or working titles. IF you ask for an adoption fee then whatever is given to you should then be donated to your local pit bull rescue, and/or used to spay and neuter Hurshey and Diamond.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » November 24th, 2007, 4:00 pm

On November 24 2007, 12:52, loverundercover wrote:Could you tell me, if you know, if I need to obtain a license to sell my puppies? I have my first litter in a matter of weeks (2 weeks tops, and I don't know if it's illegal to sell them).

unfortunately, no, you don't need a license to sell your puppies. I hope you are planning to have contracts for the buyers and that they are all spayed/neutered before you get rid of them.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby APBTgal » February 8th, 2008, 12:54 pm

Any links to get started as a 501(c)3 club and rescue?
APBTgal
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenny » February 17th, 2008, 12:52 am

You can pay someone to do the paperwork and set up your org but it can be costly and still take forever.
I have not found any links that actually helped..some of it is pretty confusing.
What seems to happen is some people that already have a 501(c)3 help others to fill out the paperwork and do the steps correctly. It saves a ton of time.. literally months.
We studied all the info from IRS :crazy: and got things together one step at a time. Then we had help from a friend who already went thru the process.
It still took the better part of a year to complete but is well worth the effort.
IRS will also help with questions and stuff.. for instance if you mark a box wrong.. they will send you a letter and say " did you really mean to do that? we suggest if you want to be a public charity status you check this box" ...that was pretty cool.
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenny » February 17th, 2008, 1:00 am

Could you tell me, if you know, if I need to obtain a license to sell my puppies? I have my first litter in a matter of weeks (2 weeks tops, and I don't know if it's illegal to sell them).

:rant2: :biggun: :moon:
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mad.phoenix » April 29th, 2008, 11:47 pm

Jenny wrote:

:rant2: :biggun: :moon:

GGRRRRR! And how many pups do we have in rescues? SPAY and NEUTER! :spank:
Punish the deed not the breed!
mad.phoenix
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » April 30th, 2008, 9:00 am

:topic:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Rescue