Northern BC beauties!!

Postby mistee06 » August 18th, 2007, 1:41 am

I have some beautiful doggies available for adoption in my shelter!!!

Kilo is a 1 year old spayed female "purebred" APBT. We think she's more likely a boxer X pit, although alot of her siblings look more APBT. (I have seen 3 so far!!). Kilo is near and dear to my heart, I fostered her for a few days after she was hit by a car about 3 weeks ago. She was very scared of men and didnt really trust people. It only took this baby girl a few days to come around though!! now shes a little love bug and plays forever. She is fully vaccinated and would bring endless love to anyone willing to take a chance on this little brindle girlie!!

Kilo is the brindle dog and the blonde is her daddy Bender!!

We also have a purebred American Bulldog (says the vet) that we picked up today, we named him Ronix. He is a big suck that some farmer was gonna shoot... me and my coworker drove across the alberta border just to get him, since the guy said he was hit by a car.... When we got there, he came running up to us as happy as can be!! Anyways the vet visit told us he wasnt HBC he has two torn crutiates!! So hopefully our emerg. fund will pay for both legs to be done... He's a real sweetie!! So we're thinking we can adopt him out ( I already have the perfect family in mind!!) ....and he can get his surgeries done!!

mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » August 18th, 2007, 10:43 am

What a stud Ronix is, love his smushy face! I wish them all luck with finding a new home.
Jenn
undecided

Postby mistee06 » August 25th, 2007, 10:52 pm

I adopted out Kilo today.... to a great home with a new boxer brother and a lab mix female....

annnndd...

Ronix is in foster care.... they wanted to adopt him... but he may have issues still after the surgeries that the SPCA is paying for, they dont think they'll be able to afford it. The SPCA is paying for his torn ACL surgeries (on one of the legs, both if needed) but their no guarantee that its gonna be successful...

sooooo............. We might adopt him because we can afford anything that hit us to do with his legs...or anything else for that matter...

He is SUCH a great doggie!
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » August 26th, 2007, 9:29 am

:clap: Good news!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ProudBullyMama » August 26th, 2007, 2:26 pm

On August 25 2007, 10:52 PM, mistee06 wrote:I adopted out Kilo today.... to a great home with a new boxer brother and a lab mix female....

annnndd...

Ronix is in foster care.... they wanted to adopt him... but he may have issues still after the surgeries that the SPCA is paying for, they dont think they'll be able to afford it. The SPCA is paying for his torn ACL surgeries (on one of the legs, both if needed) but their no guarantee that its gonna be successful...

sooooo............. We might adopt him because we can afford anything that hit us to do with his legs...or anything else for that matter...

He is SUCH a great doggie!

YAYYYY for Kilo & Ronix!! :clap:
And what a lucky boy Ronix is...to have found u :bowWave:
"I am confident that the hottest places in hell are reserved for the souls of sick and brutal people who hold God's creatures in such brutal and cruel contempt,"
Senator Robert C. Byrd D-WV

http://www.myspace.com/luvmypitbulls
ProudBullyMama
Just Whelped

Postby mistee06 » August 26th, 2007, 3:21 pm

you have no idea how lucky he is..... technically we (the other girl and I) aren't even allowed to go across the border to get dogs... and we did...the guy thought he had been hit by a car...and the alberta shelter told him just to shoot him... and he said he couldnt do it!! We were actually going out there to get a hurt dog to be euthanized.... and he was susposed to be a boxer...not an Am. Bull.. low and behold...there was the most beautiful squishy guy I'd ever seen!!
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ProudBullyMama » August 26th, 2007, 4:35 pm

On August 26 2007, 3:21 PM, mistee06 wrote:you have no idea how lucky he is..... technically we (the other girl and I) aren't even allowed to go across the border to get dogs... and we did...the guy thought he had been hit by a car...and the alberta shelter told him just to shoot him... and he said he couldnt do it!! We were actually going out there to get a hurt dog to be euthanized.... and he was susposed to be a boxer...not an Am. Bull.. low and behold...there was the most beautiful squishy guy I'd ever seen!!

The shelter told the man to SHOOT him????? :evil: :o
:nono:
"I am confident that the hottest places in hell are reserved for the souls of sick and brutal people who hold God's creatures in such brutal and cruel contempt,"

ProudBullyMama
Just Whelped

Postby mistee06 » August 26th, 2007, 10:26 pm

yea unfortunately i dont think that shelter is run with love... our shelter is run by our hearts not by our rules set by the head office..
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby ProudBullyMama » August 26th, 2007, 11:04 pm

On August 26 2007, 10:26 PM, mistee06 wrote:yea unfortunately i dont think that shelter is run with love... our shelter is run by our hearts not by our rules set by the head office..

That's so sad that there's people that can look into an animals eyes...and not see that it's worth saving...there's a soul under there. If one of their children was hit by a car, they wouldn't say shoot him...they'd get him care immediately, no matter the cost.
I makes me so sad :sad:

ProudBullyMama
Just Whelped

Postby ProudBullyMama » August 26th, 2007, 11:14 pm

oh yea..i don't know if u saw my post...about the transport i need from Ohio to me in MD...he's an American Bulldog too...big squishy face.
I'm working w/ the rescuer out there now....she's willing to go pull him Tuesday morning. He will be gassed if she doesn't :(
She just can't get transport til the weekend...and she's way overcrowded already (50+) :shock:
Uhhh..i'm just sick over this...I've got room for 1 more..and I'm willing to foster him for as long as it takes to find him a great home.
Poor guy was surrendered by the owner & this is his last chance :(

I'm so happy everything is working out for Max...he's lucky to have u

ProudBullyMama
Just Whelped

Postby ProudBullyMama » August 28th, 2007, 10:43 pm

On August 26 2007, 11:14 PM, ProudBullyMama wrote:oh yea..i don't know if u saw my post...about the transport i need from Ohio to me in MD...he's an American Bulldog too...big squishy face.
I'm working w/ the rescuer out there now....she's willing to go pull him Tuesday morning. He will be gassed if she doesn't :(
She just can't get transport til the weekend...and she's way overcrowded already (50+) :shock:
Uhhh..i'm just sick over this...I've got room for 1 more..and I'm willing to foster him for as long as it takes to find him a great home.
Poor guy was surrendered by the owner & this is his last chance :(

I'm so happy everything is working out for Max...he's lucky to have u

oopsies...i meant to say Ronix. Don't know what i was thinkin. U read about so many u start getting the names mixed up

ProudBullyMama
Just Whelped

Return to Rescue