1 year old M Pit bull available in Indianapolis, IN area

Postby TheRedQueen » August 16th, 2007, 9:44 pm

My dad has a co-worker whose daughter is having to re-home her pit bull. (I didn't get into the why's...as they appear to be trying to do the right thing). Sounds like a nice boy from the email. I'll try to get pics up later...

Here's her email I received...any inquiries or help with rescues in the area can come to me...and I'll pass them on. I am not in the Indpls, area...I'm on the East Coast, I'm just trying to pass the word about this boy!

"Friends and co-workers:

It is sad to report that my daughter has had to move and now needs to find a home for her 1 year old Pit Bull. Gus is a very loving friend who is crate trained. He was given to Courtney several months ago when his previous family had to move to an apartment. Now Courtney has had to do the same thing. Attached are photos of Gus.

We are looking for a home that will provide him some space to run and a family to play with him. He has been very good with Courtney's 2 year old and her other dog. We are only willing to give him to a home that will treat him as a pet. We have chosen not to advertise in the newspaper as this often leads to poor results. We are trying to avoid the Humane Society and Animal Control as we believe they will not make an attempt to place him in a home. It is not Gus' fault that he has to switch homes and we do not believe he should be punished for it.

If you, or someone you know (and trust), would like to give Gus a loving home, please let me know. We are running out of time to keep him at the house.

Please if you respond, only reply only to me. I don't want to clog up everyone's e-mail. Feel free to pass this information along to others who might be interested.

Thank you!

--Jennifer"

And I just had to share this part of the email...from my formerly "scared of pit bulls" father...this was his response to her. (Bumpa is my 2 year old niece's word for him)

"Did you try a National Pit Bull rescue? I will forward this to Erin to see what she advises-----she has a great new pit-bull mix puppy that loves his Bumpa-----so they can be great—like any dog, depending on the owners…..Bob

Erin—send advice to Jennifer please---thanks

Robert M. Saywell, Jr., PhD, MPH"
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TheRedQueen » August 23rd, 2007, 11:02 am

Does anyone know of a good/reputable rescue in Indy that would take this dog in?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby cheekymunkee » August 24th, 2007, 8:07 pm

Contact pbrc. Maybe they can recommend someone.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby TheRedQueen » August 28th, 2007, 10:43 pm

Sad news...this poor pit got out of his fence and was killed by a car this past weekend. :(

Thanks for the help with rescues though.

TheRedQueen

Return to Rescue